Page 215 of 218 FirstFirst ... 115 165 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,225 of 3257

Thread: OFFICIAL: Tracfone/Net10 Phone Deals

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    My Moto E5 from the November 2019 HSN $30 deal came with charger model SA18C25300. Its output is listed as 5.2 Volts, 2.0 Amps (DC). That would be 10.4 Watts. The Motorola specs say that it comes with a 10 Watt Rapid Charger.

You may be getting your Watts and Amps mixed up. Incorrect specifications in sales web info is very common.

Anyway, the part that plugs in the wall outlet is noticeably larger than the usual cellphone wall-wart. When I plug it in the phone, the phone says, "Charging Rapidly". Info from Moto says rapid charging only happens if the battery is below 78%.

I don't know how rapidly it charges. I have never timed it or compared to my Moto G6, which also came with a rapid charger.
    Thanks, useful info. My e5 charges noticeably faster than my old Moto.

Feedback Score
    I accidentally plugged in my old Moto charger into my new Moto E5, and the E5 still showed "charging rapidly". The old charger is definitely NOT a rapid charger (it's the white charger that came with Moto E2), so I'm not sure what was going on.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jettable View Post
    I accidentally plugged in my old Moto charger into my new Moto E5, and the E5 still showed "charging rapidly". The old charger is definitely NOT a rapid charger (it's the white charger that came with Moto E2), so I'm not sure what was going on.
    Is the E2 charger 2 Amps? Maybe any 2 Amp charger will show Rapid Charging on an E5. The charge control is in the phone. My E5 battery is not below 78% to check that.

The G6 charger shows outputs of 5V or 9V or 12V. That may require the phone charge controller to communicate with the charger.

Feedback Score
    On a whim, I got a $5 charger from the Target dollar department at the front of the store. It is 2 amps and not even UL listed. The Moto G6 Play shows rapid charging with it same as the official charger. The 2 amp chargers are not a new thing, so maybe this is just some mumbo jumbo. I suspect the phones will also charge just fine with the lesser chargers from flip phones.

The Turbo chargers are a different thing and I believe there is some two-way communication going on. You can sometimes use this in a pinch with phones that are not officially Turbo, but it will just charge rapid. It's sometimes hard to get it to start up though. You have to start on the lock screen for some reason at least on a Moto G6 Play.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    On a whim, I got a $5 charger from the Target dollar department at the front of the store. It is 2 amps and not even UL listed. The Moto G6 Play shows rapid charging with it same as the official charger. The 2 amp chargers are not a new thing, so maybe this is just some mumbo jumbo. I suspect the phones will also charge just fine with the lesser chargers from flip phones....
    Oh yeah, My Moto G6 charges just fine with any-Amp charger. The one in the car is definitely nothing special. The times to charge are probably different, but I'm never in a hurry and don't watch them.

On my E5, I ran it down to 70% and tried several chargers - generic 1 an 2 Amp ones that came with other phones and the 2 Amp one that came with the E5. They all said Charging Rapidly, so I guess that doesn't mean much, though the 2 Amp ones may take less time.

Feedback Score
    Yes you are correct.
    I got that mixed up.

To be honest I couldn't hardly even see the information on the charger block even with a magnifying glass and under a bright light.

My vision isn't the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    My Moto E5 from the November 2019 HSN $30 deal came with charger model SA18C25300. Its output is listed as 5.2 Volts, 2.0 Amps (DC). That would be 10.4 Watts. The Motorola specs say that it comes with a 10 Watt Rapid Charger.

You may be getting your Watts and Amps mixed up. Incorrect specifications in sales web info is very common.

Anyway, the part that plugs in the wall outlet is noticeably larger than the usual cellphone wall-wart. When I plug it in the phone, the phone says, "Charging Rapidly". Info from Moto says rapid charging only happens if the battery is below 78%.

I don't know how rapidly it charges. I have never timed it or compared to my Moto G6, which also came with a rapid charger.
    Sent from my Luscious LG Fiesta 2

Device(s)
    TF iPhone SE, Tracfone iPhone 6S, TF Samsung Luna Pro
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Tracfone has reconditioned Samsung Galaxy S7 on sale for $79.99.

With $15 card and the 20% off bundle coupon (SAVE2020) it comes to around $87 inc. tax and free shipping.
    https://shop.tracfone.com/shop/en/tr...-reconditioned

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lappers View Post
    Tracfone has reconditioned Samsung Galaxy S7 on sale for $79.99.
    Does anyone know if the TF-branded S7 (Android 6.0) gets software upgrades like the current TF Samsung phones? Info on the Internet says the unbranded S7 can be upgraded to Android 8.0.

Feedback Score
    Yes, according to SamMobile. I have flashed other phones from here (not for the faint of heart). https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/ga...are/#SM-G930VC

Or you can use Samsung's update tools, not sure what they're called. Don't know if they'll get the latest.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Does anyone know if the TF-branded S7 (Android 6.0) gets software upgrades like the current TF Samsung phones? Info on the Internet says the unbranded S7 can be upgraded to Android 8.0.
    I have one coming so I can let you know for sure soon but on the last one I had (brand new) if I recall correctly I believe it came already updated to 8.0 out of the Tracfone box. I don't think there are plans for further updates beyond that for this model at least at the moment.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I have one coming so I can let you know for sure soon but on the last one I had (brand new) if I recall correctly I believe it came already updated to 8.0 .
    Does it have both CDMA and GSM radios? The refurb one is listed as model G930VC, and a web site shows that model has both. But I don't know if TF is just using a different suffix to distinguish it from a new-in-box G930VL.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Does it have both CDMA and GSM radios? The refurb one is listed as model G930VC, and a web site shows that model has both. But I don't know if TF is just using a different suffix to distinguish it from a new-in-box G930VL.
    I'm not sure. I don't have the new one I had or this version yet. I didn't notice that model number difference though perhaps you're right.

Added: be great if it is as it seems it also has Samsung Exynos 8 Octa 8890 which I've read is faster or better in ways.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I'm not sure. I don't have the new one I had or this version yet.

Added: be great if it is as it seems it also has Samsung Exynos 8 Octa 8890 which I've read is faster or better in ways.
    Please post the details regarding radios, VoLTE, CPU, Android level when you receive the refurb one. Thanks.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Please post the details regarding radios, VoLTE, CPU, Android level when you receive the refurb one. Thanks.
    OK will do.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I know my brother's old branded S7 got updates, but I don't remember how far it got with the updates.

I'm not sure. I don't have the new one I had or this version yet. I didn't notice that model number difference though perhaps you're right.

I know my brother's branded S7 had a Snapdragon chip in it.

Page 215 of 218 FirstFirst ... 115 165 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 LastLast