Page 210 of 211 FirstFirst ... 110 160 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 3164

Thread: OFFICIAL: Tracfone/Net10 Phone Deals

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    <Tracfone < Boom < Selectel < Consumer Cellular,AT&T, H2O, Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by meetoo88 View Post

It's TF business ... and they can modify the way it's run at any time... add new rules/conditions...
    So what if others did have theirs unlocked? It 's not the first time mistakes occur at TF.

However i think it's stupid to require buying a $30/25/20 plan in order to buy something like LG Rebel or other cheap phones for $39...
    I doubt they sold any of those.

True as well, and yes it is their business how they handle it

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

The rules say you have to satisfy the requirement of staying with them on a monthly basis, that way they can keep trac of the time period you were with them and that's legal, they do that by setting rules... other carriers require more than 12 months.

They do that because they gave those phones to their customers at a discount price than they would have paid to buy it on their own; like Iphone 6S would cost to buy from Apple or a store more than $500... but TF sells it to its customers for $250 or so new, on the conditions they subscribe to 1 of the monthly plans .. they subsidize it in a way, to keep those customers buying those expensive /useless plans, which are more profitable to them.

So buying minutes/days whenever you need them don't count... but TF still subsidize that type of customers with cheaper brands that are cheap to begin with.
    Understandable.....and true

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score

It's TF business ... and they can modify the way it's run at any time... add new rules/conditions...
    So what if others did have theirs unlocked? It 's not the first time mistakes occur at TF.

However i think it's stupid to require buying a $30/25/20 plan in order to buy something like LG Rebel or other cheap phones for $39...
    I doubt they sold any of those.

From Tracfone's own website. Nowhere does it state that you need to buy a monthly plan:

Unlocking Policy
    TracFone has entered into an agreement with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regarding handset unlocking. TracFone will begin launching handsets that are capable of being unlocked.

Beginning May 1, 2016, SafeLink subscribers with handsets that cannot be unlocked may be eligible for a replacement phone.

Non-SafeLink subscribers with handsets which cannot be unlocked may be eligible for a partial refund or credit toward a new handset. This program is subject to the following requirements:

Customers must request handset unlocking.
    Customers must have had their locked device activated on TracFone service for no fewer than 12 months, redeemed air time cards in no fewer than 12 months, and not have had their telephone number recycled or ported.
    Customers must request this interim unlocking solution while their service is active or within 60 days after their active service days expire. This 60-day grace period applies even if the customer's telephone number was recycled or ported.
    Customers must currently own a TracFone branded handset model launched on TracFone's service after February 11, 2014 or activated with TracFone's service after February 11, 2015.
    Customers must possess a handset that is in working condition.
    Customers must possess a handset that is not reported stolen, lost, or associated with fraudulent activity.
    If a customer requesting handset unlocking is deployed military personnel, upon provision of deployment papers, TracFone will honor that customer's unlocking request by sending a refund for the Trade-in Value of the used, locked phone returned by the customer without regard for the 12 months of service activation and air card redemption eligibility requirements. However, all other eligibility criteria apply to TracFone's customers who are deployed military personnel.
    Customers are eligible for this program only once every twelve months.
    After an eligible customer contacts TracFone to request the trade-in value of his or her handset, TracFone will provide a prepaid mailer for the customer to return the used, locked handset. Upon receipt of the device, TracFone will send the customer a check for the trade-in value of the handset. The trade-in value is determined by a formula reached through agreement with the FCC. An eligible customer may elect to have the trade-in value of their handset applied to the cost of a new TracFone handset that is capable of being unlocked.
    TracFone may refuse any unlocking request that would result in an abuse of its Unlocking Policy or is part of an effort to defraud TracFone or its customers. TracFone's Unlocking Policy is subject to change at any time without advance notice.

Customers who would like to check if they are eligible or submit a request can do so through an online portal at https://www.tfwunlockpolicy.com, or call 1-888-442-5102.

To find out if your device is eligible to be unlocked or eligible for a partial refund or trade-in, please enter your Phone Number or Serial Number:

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Today (Cyber Monday12/2/2019) only, Rakuten/Ebates is offering 15% cash back on purchases made on Tracfone.com (read the fineprints). The "$49 cash back on phones $100 or more" sounds really good.

Name:  Rakuten-Offer-Cyber-Monday-2019-12-02.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  35.5 KB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Today (Cyber Monday12/2/2019) only, Rakuten/Ebates is offering 15% cash back on purchases made on Tracfone.com (read the fineprints). The "$49 cash back on phones $100 or more" sounds really good.

Name:  Rakuten-Offer-Cyber-Monday-2019-12-02.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  35.5 KB
    TF must be having a hard time getting rid of them... specially Iphones.
    I received today one 6S... even though I left a note asking to return to sender, the FeDex guy left it on the front porch, without following the order, which is to get a SIGNATURE!
    Oh well ... I opened it, and it looks like brand new (I will have to wait until it's charged, and then check the condition of the battery, and conduct a few other tests, to get a better idea... before returning it or not).

Just checked... Reconditioned 6S is OOS.

Nobody signed anything to get delivered package!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by meetoo88; 12-02-2019 at 01:56 PM.

Feedback Score

Received Iphone 6S in excellent condition.... battery still at original peak 100%.
    All I had to do is put it next to Ipod, and it did everything to activate itself with Apple, and start using Wifi, and all the other Apps... no need to activate the TF card ( I am going to sell it).

They did not include the PIN Tool (i have a few of those).

Does anybody know if the Red Card (on the Pic) is the PLAN CARD $20/25/30?

Battery is still virgin , and phone is in super condition ( I think all they did, is take it out of its original packaging and called it Reconditioned).

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Received Iphone 6S in excellent condition.... battery still at original peak 100%.
    All I had to do is put it next to Ipod, and it did everything to activate itself with Apple, and start using Wifi, and all the other Apps... no need to activate the TF card ( I am going to sell it).

They did not include the PIN Tool (i have a few of those).

Does anybody know if the Red Card (on the Pic) is the PLAN CARD $20/25/30?

Battery is still virgin , and phone is in super condition ( I think all they did, is take it out of its original packaging and called it Reconditioned).

The plan is attached to phone. If you don't activate it with TracFone you'll be throwing it away. There's no way to sell it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellular-dude View Post
    The plan is attached to phone. If you don't activate it with TracFone you'll be throwing it away. There's no way to sell it.
    So I bought one of the iPhones. The plan has to be used with that iPhone? I can’t use the minutes with another phone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Parker5011 View Post
    So I bought one of the iPhones. The plan has to be used with that iPhone? I can’t use the minutes with another phone?

If it doesn't come with a separate minute card then yes.

Feedback Score
    If it doesn't come with a separate minute card then yes.
    yes it does come with a separate plan card... i did not notice it when it fell to the floor:

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Parker5011 View Post

I see you're using an Iphone already.... simply move the Nano SIM card in it to the 6s .... it should work.

Feedback Score
    I don't know about tracfone. But I had Total Wireless iPhone6 bought new from Bestbuy and used it for a year. And after 1 year of payment, I contacted them and the iPhone got unlocked in a day or two.

From Tracfone's own website. Nowhere does it state that you need to buy a monthly plan:

Unlocking Policy
    TracFone has entered into an agreement with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regarding handset unlocking. TracFone will begin launching handsets that are capable of being unlocked.

Beginning May 1, 2016, SafeLink subscribers with handsets that cannot be unlocked may be eligible for a replacement phone.

Non-SafeLink subscribers with handsets which cannot be unlocked may be eligible for a partial refund or credit toward a new handset. This program is subject to the following requirements:

Customers must request handset unlocking.
    Customers must have had their locked device activated on TracFone service for no fewer than 12 months, redeemed air time cards in no fewer than 12 months, and not have had their telephone number recycled or ported.
    Customers must request this interim unlocking solution while their service is active or within 60 days after their active service days expire. This 60-day grace period applies even if the customer's telephone number was recycled or ported.
    Customers must currently own a TracFone branded handset model launched on TracFone's service after February 11, 2014 or activated with TracFone's service after February 11, 2015.
    Customers must possess a handset that is in working condition.
    Customers must possess a handset that is not reported stolen, lost, or associated with fraudulent activity.
    If a customer requesting handset unlocking is deployed military personnel, upon provision of deployment papers, TracFone will honor that customer's unlocking request by sending a refund for the Trade-in Value of the used, locked phone returned by the customer without regard for the 12 months of service activation and air card redemption eligibility requirements. However, all other eligibility criteria apply to TracFone's customers who are deployed military personnel.
    Customers are eligible for this program only once every twelve months.
    After an eligible customer contacts TracFone to request the trade-in value of his or her handset, TracFone will provide a prepaid mailer for the customer to return the used, locked handset. Upon receipt of the device, TracFone will send the customer a check for the trade-in value of the handset. The trade-in value is determined by a formula reached through agreement with the FCC. An eligible customer may elect to have the trade-in value of their handset applied to the cost of a new TracFone handset that is capable of being unlocked.
    TracFone may refuse any unlocking request that would result in an abuse of its Unlocking Policy or is part of an effort to defraud TracFone or its customers. TracFone's Unlocking Policy is subject to change at any time without advance notice.

Customers who would like to check if they are eligible or submit a request can do so through an online portal at https://www.tfwunlockpolicy.com, or call 1-888-442-5102.

To find out if your device is eligible to be unlocked or eligible for a partial refund or trade-in, please enter your Phone Number or Serial Number:

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Hindolam - Were your 1 year of paymentsmonthly Service -Air time ? Is that what you meant by "payments" ?

It's this part of the unlocking policy which is of interest to me ( have not needed to do this ) " redeemed air time cards in no fewer than 12

months, "

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trek83 View Post
    It's this part of the unlocking policy which is of interest to me ( have not needed to do this ) " redeemed air time cards in no fewer than 12 months, "
    Basically, to unlock the phone, TF requires that you've paid at least 12 months of service for that phone (using 30-day, 60-day, 90-day, 1-year cards, or monthly plan). Some people were told by TF reps that the bundled 1-yr that comes with HSN, QVC, Ebay phone does not count as paid service, but that is incorrect, it does count. Also, you must actually used that phone for at least 12 months. Activating it or paid for 12 months ahead then transfer to another phone does not count.

Device(s)
    LG V20 Verizon Prepaid
    Carrier(s)
    LG V30 Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I have heard or read somewhere that the 1 year starts over if you change your phone number.

Not sure if that's true or not. Maybe not even matter for most people.

Page 210 of 211 FirstFirst ... 110 160 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 LastLast