Page 229 of 233 FirstFirst ... 129 179 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,435 of 3482

Thread: OFFICIAL: Tracfone/Net10 Phone Deals

Device(s)
    Unlocked Tracfone iPhone SE & iPhone 6S, Tracfone Samsung Luna Pro, Tracfone LG Rebel 4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The bundle promo code ERTG15 takes off 15% on the bundled iPhone 6S and iPhone 7.

Another bundle code, SAVE2020, like tax25, doesn't seem to work on above.
    Member formerly known as "lappers"

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tomseys View Post
    Which iPhone .. the 8? The tax25 promo code works with a bundle so if you add the $20 plan ($15 not avail) it will deduct 25%.

In the case of the iPhone 8 with $20 plan, the tax25 code deducts $93.75.

If another iPhone, just add the lowest cost plan and use tax25. Generally, the iPhone don't always work with the promo codes.
    I can see that it is not working with the bundled 6S or 7. But 60274 will work on it with a bundle taking off $15 with a $20 plan.

It appears the $15 60274 code is no longer working on most single phones but may work with a bundle.

In the context I was speaking, applying the tax25 code deducted $15 (25% of $59.99) so the price did not change even though I added a $15 plan. That is what I meant by the price remains the same (also a nod to Led Zeppelin).
    Ok I will try the bundle although Iím not familiar or interested in an unlimited plan and that is all you can add. If I add the $20 plan can I just put my IPhone 6 sim in the IPhone 8 so Iím not roped into the unlimited plan? Thanks
    YIKES!!

Device(s)
    Unlocked Tracfone iPhone SE & iPhone 6S, Tracfone Samsung Luna Pro, Tracfone LG Rebel 4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zeply View Post
    Ok I will try the bundle although I’m not familiar or interested in an unlimited plan and that is all you can add. If I add the $20 plan can I just put my IPhone 6 sim in the IPhone 8 so I’m not roped into the unlimited plan? Thanks
    I don't believe you are ever roped into a plan.

If your iPhone 6 has minutes and service time on it (I'm assuming it is a Tracfone iPhone 6), transfer that account/phone number to the new Tracfone branded iPhone 8 to activate the iPhone 8 (you will be able to unlock it in a year like this) and then you will have that as a base balance. TF will likely give you a separate $20 plan card anyway (based on my experience) so you can do what you want with it. Add it or don't. I'd only add it after I first did the transfer in/activation. Or just hold on to the card for when you have a busy month (but don't use to activate the iPhone 8). If the sim has the $20 on it already, which I doubt, then I imagine it would act like an HSN bundle, you transfer in from the iPhone 6 to the iPhone 8 to activate it and the $20 plan is added to the complete account automatically.

If I'm wrong about this hopefully someone can correct.

Use the online chat on Tracfone.com for the activation of the iPhone 8 (via iPhone 6 account transfer in) and select/copy all the text in the chat and paste into a text file. Do this so that in case something goes wrong, you have a record of the transaction and can reference it. You can ask more about the proper procedure for this - which involves asking certain questions to the chat rep - in the forum and I'm sure people will help you.
    Last edited by tomseys; 03-29-2020 at 06:47 AM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    When i bought an LG Rebel 4 bundle with $20 plan a couple of weeks ago the phone came with a separate $20 card. I activated the Rebel 4 with a transfer in from another account/phone and I took the separate $20 airtime plan card and added it to an iPhone 6S which already has minutes and time.

This is what it looks like in the online account:

Attachment 165621

Evil looking data. The "other plan" is what my iPhone 6S already had. The unlimited above is the in effect current $20 unlimited plan that I added. When current $20 unlimited plan expires, the other plan, my usual minutes and time, goes into effect and is used. This is my understanding. Looks like data on the unlimited carries over for an additional month.
    Last edited by tomseys; 03-29-2020 at 06:51 AM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    BTW, your phone is a tracfone branded iPhone 6 (not 6S)?

How long have you had it? Have you experienced any "touch disease" related problems with it?

Did you unlock it?

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad
    Feedback Score
    BTW, your phone is a tracfone branded iPhone 6 (not 6S)?

How long have you had it? Have you experienced any "touch disease" related problems with it?

Did you unlock it?
    It is a rebranded Straight Talk IPhone 6 that Iíve had for a couple of years. Never had any issues with it but from what I understand they are not supporting it with updates. Actually Iíve never heard of the touch disease.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It was mentioned over here https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...urb-at-Walmart
    I think it mainly affected iPhone 6 pluses but also some 6'es.

Did you ever unlock it ....https://www.tfwunlockpolicy.com/wps/...vZ0FBIS9nQSEh/
    Last edited by tomseys; 03-29-2020 at 03:55 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    I checked for the Fiesta 2 at TF's eBay store to see if they might have listed some with a year's service for 49.99 and didnt see any, but an eBay popup offered a $5 off code. I copied it and pasted it into my notepad. It would lower the phones with year's service to 44.99...

Sent from my Z557BL using HoFo mobile app
    The $5 off code appears to be only for items paid for with PayPal.

I added a prepaid debit as a form of payment on eBay and didn't get a rejection notice. PayPal didn't accept it when I tried to add it to my account. PayPal only accepted my bank checking debit.

If eBay rejects a card for payment, does it wait until the person tries to check out using the card or would it reject it right away when adding it as a payment method? Does it get accepted or rejected by eBay or does it depend on the seller's method of payment?

I've been wanting to buy something from TracFone's eBay store.

Sent from my A576BL using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    If eBay rejects a card for payment, does it wait until the person tries to check out using the card or would it reject it right away when adding it as a payment method? Does it get accepted or rejected by eBay or does it depend on the seller's method of payment?[/URL]
    As long as you have enough money on the pre-paid debit card to cover the purchase price, then eBay will let the transaction proceed. The only limitation with pre-paid cards and eBay is they can't process the pre-paid card as partial payment, being combined with another funding source like Paypal.

Say you have $6.50 left on your card, and you want to purchase something that costs $10.00. You can't use the balance of your card and then pay the remaining balance with another card or Paypal. eBay will ping the card for the full $10.00 amount and will bounce you and ask for another funding source.

I have a bit of experience with using pre-paid debit cards with eBay, because I get them as compensation for participation in an ongoing research study. Unfortunately they are in the form of e-cards, and not physical cards that I could take into a store and use. So they get used on eBay and other online stores.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lg800g user View Post
    As long as you have enough money on the pre-paid debit card to cover the purchase price, then eBay will let the transaction proceed. The only limitation with pre-paid cards and eBay is they can't process the pre-paid card as partial payment, being combined with another funding source like Paypal.

Say you have $6.50 left on your card, and you want to purchase something that costs $10.00. You can't use the balance of your card and then pay the remaining balance with another card or Paypal. eBay will ping the card for the full $10.00 amount and will bounce you and ask for another funding source.

I have a bit of experience with using pre-paid debit cards with eBay, because I get them as compensation for participation in an ongoing research study. Unfortunately they are in the form of e-cards, and not physical cards that I could take into a store and use. So they get used on eBay and other online stores.
    Thankyou for that info. When I use the prepaid card I always use it for the payment in full. It's just that until I try to use it for payment anywhere I don't know if it'll be accepted. With eBay if it were to be rejected, the buyer would get dinged for not paying unless they produce another form of payment. With a store like Walmart or Best Buy, if they rejected the card I could just go buy elsewhere. I've had the card rejected before and if it's rejected they usually don't debit it even though the money was there. It had to do with the type of card not the balance. HSN wouldn't accept it because it was a prepaid card. It made no sense to me because the full amount was on the card.

Sent from my A576BL using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad
    Feedback Score
    It was mentioned over here https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...urb-at-Walmart
    I think it mainly affected iPhone 6 pluses but also some 6'es.

Did you ever unlock it ....https://www.tfwunlockpolicy.com/wps/...vZ0FBIS9nQSEh/
    No never did unlock it. Iíve been with TF way back since the dumb phone days and, knock on wood, Iíve always had good luck with service/coverage so I wonít be leaving until I experience trouble. Iíll have to educate myself on the touch disease though, thanks for the heads up.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zeply View Post
    No never did unlock it. Iíve been with TF way back since the dumb phone days and, knock on wood, Iíve always had good luck with service/coverage so I wonít be leaving until I experience trouble. Iíll have to educate myself on the touch disease though, thanks for the heads up.
    You don't have to leave TF if you unlock it. I've unlocked 3 TF iPhones and I've no intention of leaving or changing service. But, if I should need to use these phones outside of the US with a foreign or otherwise GSM sim, or if i want to try another service, or need to use one for some reason, I can do it. And I can always put my TF sim back in. It just makes the phone more versatile. Probably increases resale value as well I imagine. But anyway, if none of this is important than I suppose it doesn't matter.

If you haven't seen TD yet then I think you are probably good since I think people were seeing it within a year or sooner.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    I just got something from TF, and the FedEx delivery report says No Signature Required. So no more fake signatures. Too bad for TF. But I try to meet the truck so the driver doesn't have to worry about leaving stuff on the porch.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have some things on the way, and under shipment facts on the tracking of it, it shows:

Name:  Capture3.GIF
Views: 75
Size:  2.6 KB

As this is suspended I guess they may just ask for the name.

Page 229 of 233 FirstFirst ... 129 179 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 LastLast