Thread: VM Messaging about renewal too early in the morning -- Strike 2 VM

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

VM Messaging about renewal too early in the morning -- Strike 2 VM

So this morning at 6am my phone went off with a text message from 9329. This time there was no message but the previous message was on 1/2 from this number (at 6am) in which I had 10 days before my re-up was due.

This is the second time that this bloody thing has woken me up. I recall a few months ago this went off at 5:30am! Correct me if I am wrong, but I am sure VM is breaking some law by not sending this out at the earliest 8am. It took me at least 1 1/2 hours to get back to bed and I felt terrible all day.

I have installed the Blocker app and blocked all text messages that are not in my phone book. I hope this will prevent this from ever happening again.

I emailed them a while back on taking me off the list since I am on a autorenewal and they said they could not take me off. If the blocker app doesn't work, I am going to find a new carrier as I can't stand this annoyance. I really would rather pay double the price and not have to deal with this on Sprint instead of being terrorized early in the morning by these text messages.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Thread moved.

Just a thought, most phones these days have a silent/vibrate feature, or even "do not disturb" settings. In the scheme of things, this seems a bit odd to me as a reason to consider leaving a carrier (not that i personally care though--you money, choice, etc). It's an automated system, not someone sitting behind a desk saying "Time to annoy some folks..." and choosing when these messages go out. But, to each their own....

Become a Premium Member or Advertiser here!
    Want to use a referral link in your signature, support the forums by becoming a Premium Member!
    Have you read the forum rules lately?
    If you have a problem with a post for any reason, please report it rather than responding to it, and a moderator will be along shortly.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by martin_j001 View Post
    Thread moved.
    It's an automated system, not someone sitting behind a desk saying "Time to annoy some folks..." and choosing when these messages go out. But, to each their own....
    I understand it is an automated system, but you can automate this to be sent at say noon instead of 5am-6am in the morning.

And while I agree with you the it is an annoyance, it is one that can be removed and should be an option to the customer. VM just doesn't want to invest in removing it from the users who are setup with auto-pay or ask to be removed from it.

I just hope that the blocker app works and they don't find some way around it. If they do it's so long VM.