Thread: Any chance for wp8?

Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score

Any chance for wp8?

Has anyone heard anything lately in regards to wp8? It's really disappointing that they can drop word on the gs4 ahead of launch, but can't say anything about possible windows phones on the horizon.

Sent from my electrify using HowardForums

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    US CELLULAR
    Feedback Score
    In the latest earnings conference call it was stated that a WP8 was coming. No model mentioned.
    MOTOROLA Still #1 in reception and call clarity.

Carrier(s)
    USCC
    Feedback Score
    last fall they stated WP8 was coming. BELIEF points do not = BELIEF of their word anymore.

Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    You didn't look obviously. The Samsung ATIV Odyssey is on their website for sale now, running windows 8

Sent with the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    I picked up a WP8 ATIV on Saturday. Definitely no high end phone but the operating system is great. If you have music pass (formerly Zune Pass) and have utilized the "music matching" service within Windows 8, your whole music collection shows up on the phone. You can download individual songs to the phone or stream directly off the service. Nice.

The phone is a bit limited, only 8 GB of storage internally. I think I'm going to pick up a 16 GB card so I can store data there. If you're into the larger phones, anybody remember how crazy-big "boom-boxes" got, the phone is definitely not for you. Its not too much larger than the WP7 HTC USCC had a year or two back. Good size to slip into your pocket, but not much in the way of screen size for web browsing.

Microsoft's MarketPlace must have been having issues on Saturday. Downloading apps to the phone was buggy. It looked like the app would download, the download/install bar would go about half way, but then the app would fail and indicate "attention required". Later in the day it got a little better but on Sunday it downloaded everything I tried without a glitch. FYI, for the "xfinity/comcast" folks, there's a pretty neat app for WP8. I think its been available for Android and IOS for a bit now.
    Where ever you go, there you are.

Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    It seems like the Odyssey is a decent phone for the price. At least they aren't charging a premium for it like they did with the 7pro.

Sent with the HoFo App

Device(s)
    a lot
    Carrier(s)
    none
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freibrauer View Post
    You didn't look obviously. The Samsung ATIV Odyssey is on their website for sale now, running windows 8

Sent with the HoFo App
    you are talking to a 4 month old quote. Instead of a LCD they would have needed a crystal ball back then.
    hardees rules.

Device(s)
    a lot
    Carrier(s)
    none
    Feedback Score
    i looked at it and hated it. The camera was very bad .

Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    True, but it is an upgrade for anyone for anyone still on a 7pro or Render.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    Anyone looking for a WP8 with a good camera is going to want the Nokia line, and that doesn't appear to be happening in this house.

I believe the ATIV has a 5.0MP camera. I'm not sure what the front facing one has.

Device(s)
    Motorola v323i-awesome!
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    A Samsung wouldn't be my first choice...or even second choice probably, but hey, at least they FIIIIIINALLY have something other than Android.

If I had to get a USCC phone right now, this would no question be what I got. Reading the review, the small screen's my only real complaint (though I'm still waiting for the iPhone).