Thread: Check out my Rogers plan

Device(s)
    Samsung SIII
    Carrier(s)
    ChatR
    Feedback Score

Check out my Rogers plan

Hey,
    I took over contract from some on on Rogers and I think its an amazing deal. What do you guys think ?

Secondly, it mentions Canadian LD Add-on, Text and Talk , MMS Value Pack twice. I was wondering if I can remove one of them, would I get more reduction ?
    Not sure why do they appear twice ?

Regular charges
    Ending Feb 13 Wireless usage $3.15
    Feb 14 - Mar 13 Talk Text & Internet 1GB* $65.00
    Credit: Talk Text & Internet 1GB $-65.00
    Talk Text & Internet 1GB* $65.00
    Savings: Monthly Service Fee $-15.00
    Canadian LD Add-on $10.00
    Credit: Canadian LD Add-on $-10.00
    MMS Value Pk w/100 US&Intl Txt* $12.79
    Credit: MMS Value Pk w/100 US&Intl Txt $-12.79
    Canadian LD Add-on $10.00
    MMS Value Pk w/100 US&Intl Txt* $12.79
    Savings: Value Pack Discount $-12.79
    Tethering Access $0.00
    Tethering Access $0.00
    1GB Data Service Plan $0.00
    1GB Data Service Plan $0.00
    Total before taxes: $63.15
    $8.21
    Total for Wireless: $71.36

Savings: You saved $27.79 on your Wireless services.

Device(s)
    Essential PH-1, Pixel XL, Nexus 5, Nexus 4, Nexus S
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo & Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    I think the doubles you're seeing are the proration from the TOR. It'll clear up next month.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    This is a "meh" deal - pretty much everyone gets a similar deal now - I don't think you even need to go through retentions to get a deal like this.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Classic, BlackBerry Priv, Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Im paying less than you taxes in and get more, 3GB instead of one for starters. Meh.. broadcast it in Retentions thread, otherwise no one really cares tbh imo

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Its a weak, standard plan hope you didn't PAY for it or got an incentive( $ or phone ) to take over...

the doubles are just prorated part as taken over contract as they cancel themselves out so no way getting extra .

Device(s)
    Samsung SIII
    Carrier(s)
    ChatR
    Feedback Score
    Boom. I took over the plan without incentive... I thought I can break the contract any time but was later on told, there is some phone taken over so I can't break the contract. Can't believe I did it .. LOL
    Never mind, I am stuck with it

I thought its a good deal since i went to rogers and similar plan was costing me around 100$ so I think this is amazing..
    But never the less Fido is offering 50% off on all plans.

P.S tell me something so I can feel a bit better that rogers is better than fido even if you do not take phone

Device(s)
    iPhone4
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    You should've researched before you took over. Rogers and fido are the exact same company, only difference is phone selection.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Re: Check out my Rogers plan

Quote Originally Posted by z24gta View Post
    You should've researched before you took over. Rogers and fido are the exact same company, only difference is phone selection.
    Fido more affordable plans that offer more for your money.

Sent from my Note 2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by some-gei View Post
    This is a "meh" deal - pretty much everyone gets a similar deal now - I don't think you even need to go through retentions to get a deal like this.
    You think customer service can give out a $15 msf?

If I'm working this out correctly, the plan works out to about $50? Free long distance and value pack, $15 credit? Not bad compared to the current plans, where the lowest you can get is $55 with the unlimited long distance.

Device(s)
    Nokia E71
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Check out my Rogers plan

Quote Originally Posted by iridescence View Post

If I'm working this out correctly, the plan works out to about $50? Free long distance and value pack, $15 credit? Not bad compared to the current plans, where the lowest you can get is $55 with the unlimited long distance.
    According to my calculation....the plan comes out to $60...., i think u missed the part where he is actually being charged $10 for the add-on...

Feedback Score

Check out my Rogers plan

There is no difference between Fido and Rogers except the phone selection. If you have an unlocked phone, it is a no brainer to choose Fido over Rogers.
    Your analogy is funny as well. If I have a phone that worth $500, and I price it at $900 to sell it. If you finally got it for $700, you are still paying $200 extra, no matter how much you are saving from the initial $900.

Device(s)
    Samsung SIII
    Carrier(s)
    ChatR
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by z24gta View Post
    TBH, moving between Mobilicity, Wind and Chatr, I was kinda desperate to get the best connection. I think Roger got more resources than fido when it comes to frequency..
    Roger still have features that Fido does not have. Such as rogers one, where you can make free call to US and also use your laptop as phone, which is excellent feature. Voice mail to text [ Which I never got properly], Caller rings are awesome features that one can get Though I never need them but still..

Quote Originally Posted by iridescence View Post

It comes out to be 60$ I believe..

Quote Originally Posted by OP_POP View Post
    There is no difference between Fido and Rogers except the phone selection. If you have an unlocked phone, it is a no brainer to choose Fido over Rogers.
    Your analogy is funny as well. If I have a phone that worth $500, and I price it at $900 to sell it. If you finally got it for $700, you are still paying $200 extra, no matter how much you are saving from the initial $900.
    I think companies are fair about phone charges. You get a phone and pay over time. May be they should start offering discount to people who do not get phones from them

Feedback Score

Check out my Rogers plan

Quote Originally Posted by ahaseeb View Post

I think companies are fair about phone charges. You get a phone and pay over time. May be they should start offering discount to people who do not get phones from them
    Well they do give discount to people who bring their own phone

Feedback Score
    Yes, apparently my math sucks today. :P Missed that it was the proration and not an actual credit for the long distance.

OP, you should be able to get a discount on the long distance at some point if you ask.

Feedback Score

Re: Check out my Rogers plan

Quote Originally Posted by ahaseeb View Post
    TBH, moving between Mobilicity, Wind and Chatr, I was kinda desperate to get the best connection. I think Roger got more resources than fido when it comes to frequency..
    Who told you this?

Let me take a wild guess your Friends Friend whose girlfriend works for Rogers. Correct?

FYI. Rogers, Fido & Chatr = one network. (Period) no ifs and or buts. Rogers customers DO NOT get priority over Fido or Chatr Customers.

One thing I do agree with Rogers does have the Rogers one number thing going for them other then that I can't think of any other options/features that Rogers has and Fido doesn't.

Sent from an unlocked Rogers LG Optimus G with LTE 2600MHz Band on the Shared Bellus LTE/HSPA + Network