Thread: Adding an esn to metro pcs database

Feedback Score

Angry Adding an esn to metro pcs database

My head hurts from spending the last 48 hours scouring the web trying to find out how to add the esn from a Verizon iPhone 4 to the metro pcs database. It appears that nobody is currently offering this service on eBay or anywhere else that were previous methods of doing so. Can someone with more knowledge on this tell me if I have any shot of finding someone who can do this for me? I am clear on everything else in the flash and activation process, it just seems that getting the esn added is currently impossible. I am about at my wits end and ready to put this thing on Craigslist and get rid of it. Thanks.

Carrier(s)
    at&t prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Buy the metro pcs person a starbucks with a smile. I ma try this tomorrow, once I get ahold of a verizon iphone 4!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by monomo View Post
    Buy the metro pcs person a starbucks with a smile. I ma try this tomorrow, once I get ahold of a verizon iphone 4!
    I asked a guy at a metro store and he said he couldn't do it, he pulled out his Samsung galaxy s3 from his pocket and said "they want us to sell our products". But then he told me that if I looked online I would be able to figure out how to do it myself. No luck with that so far. I found a guy who says he can get it up and running full flash with mms and data, Facebook etc. for $120. I asked him how much to just add the esn to the metro database and he said "I don't do that, keep looking". But then I said to get it up and running with all those services you would have to do that right? And he said "for $125 you will have a working iphone. I don't mind a guy making a buck, but that's just gouging in my opinion.

Does anyone know what happens if you do everything except for having the esn added to metro? I.e. jailbreak, *228, roaming list, etc.

Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    ur phone wont work.. the esn has to be added to their database so that the phone is activated. W/o that u wont even b able to t call, txt much less internet.

I have done this before in 2004 with my motorola droids.. But now I am w Sprint w an iPhone 4s that, in a month, I want to go back to Metro PCS and use my iPhone 4s w them. Any idea how I do that?