Thread: My first Windows phone and I have questions

Device(s)
    Samsung Note 2
    Carrier(s)
    StraightTalk/ATT
    Feedback Score

My first Windows phone and I have questions

As mentioned in the title, I just bought a used Lumia 900 that had been on ATT. My experience has been with androids in the past and am trying to figure this out. I am using Straighttalk on ATT BYOD sim. I added the att.mvno apn last night and everything seems to be working.

With my androids, I could go in and listen to each differnent ringtone to see what I liked. With this phone, I can change it, but can't find any way of listening to it. When I click on a different ringtone, it simply changes my ringtone to it but never let's me hear it. Is there something I am doing wrong?

I am also having problems trying to find a volume control for notifications. Is this hiddens somewhere and I just can't find it?

Also can't find Nokia Network app that many people have talked about.

Lastly, when I go to Nokia's site, I see there is a newer firmware version for my phone but can't seem to find out how to d/l and install it. I synced to Zune last night and it never said anything either. When I check for updates on my phone, it says there isn't any.

Sorry for all the ?s but this is all new to me. Thanks in advance.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    On the ringtone selection screen there's a play arrow to the left of each ringtone; tap that to preview it.

Windows Phone lumps ringtone and notification volumes together; press up or down on the volume rocker to adjust them.

The update you see on Nokia's site might be for the unbranded version of the phone and not compatible with the AT&T version which might be a custom version.

Device(s)
    Samsung Note 2
    Carrier(s)
    StraightTalk/ATT
    Feedback Score
    Thanks frail. I feel like an idiot by never pressing the arrows. I like the phone, but it is like going from a mac to a pc trying to figure them all out.

Any idea about the Nokia Network app? I would also like to find 1 that is similar to 3G Watchdog for android. Do you know of anything?

Thanks.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I think the Network app is only available for certain Lumias. My 822 doesn't get it either. If it's available for your phone it should show in the Store.

Device(s)
    LG Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score

Re: My first Windows phone and I have questions

There's often an issue in finding apps on your phone. You can get around that by searching for the URL on your computer and sending the link to your phone.

Try this link: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/st...4-7d1a12f62d2c

Sent from my Nexus 4 using HowardForums
    The word 'Pentaband' means '5 Bands', from the Greek word 'pente' meaning '5'. For a phone to be pentaband it has to support 5 bands. If the phone has AWS support, it doesn't automatically mean that it is pentaband.

Don't send me PMs for questions that can be asked publicly.

Feedback Score
    Any idea about the Nokia Network app? I would also like to find 1 that is similar to 3G Watchdog for android. Do you know of anything?
    True Blood Season 5 DVD follows Bill and Eric being captured by the Vampire Authority after the disappearance of Nan Flanagan.

Device(s)
    LG Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score

Re: My first Windows phone and I have questions

Counters maybe?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using HowardForums

Device(s)
    Samsung Note 2
    Carrier(s)
    StraightTalk/ATT
    Feedback Score
    Thanks migo. Counters should work fine.

Device(s)
    Primary/Corp: Rogers unl. BB 9000 (Telstra 5.0.0.771)
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility,
    Feedback Score
    Before trying to download an app restricted by geography (market), turn off your cellular data and use wi-fi to search the marketplace. This way you might have better luck.
    My Heatware

My HoFo Feedbacks

My Rig:
    i7 930, Zalman 9500AT, GA-X58A-UD3R, 6GB Corsair Kit, 120GB Vertex + 2TB + 500GB + 250GB, MSI R5770, LG WH08LS20 & BenQ DW1655, Dell 3007WFP-HC, Scythe YD-8V08, Antec 902, PC P&C Quad 750 Red, Win7 Ult. x64

HTPC:
    6000+, GA-MA78GM-S2H, 8GB, V-Rap150+2x250GB, LG HD-DVD/BD-ROM, Antec Solo, OCZ Z650W.

Past Phone Algebra:
    N5190, 6190, 8390, 6610 && x є {Moto V600, SE T637, 6600}, 6230i && x є {LG 2000, T610}, 6131, E50, 6300b, 6233, E51