Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wanting to come back to Rogers

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

Wanting to come back to Rogers

Just got newly hired in a place in which Rogers is the only carrier with reception.

I cancelled my contract in November to switch to TELUS and prior to that, retentions had offered me a deal to which I didn't take up, clearly.

But seeing as TELUS has no reception where I am, how likely, in your or other's experience, am I to resign with Rogers on contract but using a reference ID from a previous rep with the deal they had offered me?

Even if they don't honour something that was offered 3 months ago, how willing will they be to get me a deal as a previous customer?

Normally I wouldn't post crap like this, but not having a signal is something I never had to worry about since 2002 and took it for granted.

Feedback Score
    It depends on the person you get on the phone, and if customer relations is willing to take your call. There are no definite answers. Sometimes (but not always), the customer relations person will try to win your business back. A few years back, I did the very thing your are asking about and contacted customer relations a couple of months after I had cancelled. I didn't find it hard at all to get a retention plan as a winback offer. You'll just have to try to find out.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by computergeek541 View Post
    It depends on the person you get on the phone, and if customer relations is willing to take your call. There are no definite answers. Sometimes (but not always), the customer relations person will try to win your business back. A few years back, I did the very thing your are asking about and contacted customer relations a couple of months after I had cancelled. I didn't find it hard at all to get a retention plan as a winback offer. You'll just have to try to find out.
    Thanks! At least I know from someone now that it does vary. I know retentions is typically a YMMV sort of deal, so I'm willing to try.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 4merly_blucific View Post
    Just got newly hired in a place in which Rogers is the only carrier with reception.

I cancelled my contract in November to switch to TELUS and prior to that, retentions had offered me a deal to which I didn't take up, clearly.

But seeing as TELUS has no reception where I am, how likely, in your or other's experience, am I to resign with Rogers on contract but using a reference ID from a previous rep with the deal they had offered me?

Even if they don't honour something that was offered 3 months ago, how willing will they be to get me a deal as a previous customer?

Normally I wouldn't post crap like this, but not having a signal is something I never had to worry about since 2002 and took it for granted.
    Just curious where is this place where Rogers is the only Provider that works?

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    ^Toronto General Hospital

Feedback Score
    You are a new customer you won't get a retention deal.

Feedback Score
    Its possible but i'v never seen it in this time frame. Usually there accommodating 1-2 weeks after a port out, not a few months.
    Opinions and comments are that of my own and do that reflect that of any organization.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the tip

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score

Re: Wanting to come back to Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by ricenice View Post
    Its possible but i'v never seen it in this time frame. Usually there accommodating 1-2 weeks after a port out, not a few months.
    Koodo gives you 3 months so I cant imagine rogers not doing something similar.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using HowardForums

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by xtachx View Post
    Koodo gives you 3 months so I cant imagine rogers not doing something similar.

Koodo is owned by TELUS, a company that has made a conscious, visible effort to have a positive image.
    This is the Rogers we are discussing; where such efforts do not exist.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Soon as your # is ported or account closed Rogers will do NODA even if you come back saying other provider was crap.

YOu will be based on market plans, stay 6 months and then call retentiosn to get lousy $5-$10 credit.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score

Re: Wanting to come back to Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by WorldIRC View Post
    Koodo is owned by TELUS, a company that has made a conscious, visible effort to have a positive image.
    This is the Rogers we are discussing; where such efforts do not exist.
    Oh I thought the big 3 copy each other in everything. I guess we do have some competition after all ;-)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGuyz View Post
    Soon as your # is ported or account closed Rogers will do NODA even if you come back saying other provider was crap.

YOu will be based on market plans, stay 6 months and then call retentiosn to get lousy $5-$10 credit.
    No one knows that for sure, unless Rogers management has given some type of directive to the entire customer relations department never to offer winback offers (which I don't believe would happen).

Rogers has sometimes given retention plans/deals to returning customers who call in to the call centre. I've personally done it (a few times over the past 10 years) and I'm sure others have as well. In the case of a ported number, all the customer needs is to have a customer relations representative activate a new account. That employee can and sometimes will negotiate with a returning customer, while adding a note to link the past and new accounts.

Saying all that, retention offers are always offered or not offered on a per customer basis. There are no guarantees and I would say that the biggest roadblock is convincing customer service (level 1) to allow the transfer to customer relations/to get customer relations to take the call. If you get that far, things will be open for discussion, even if you have already ported out. If the answer is no to your request for a retention plan, I would imagine that they just won't even allow you to talk directly to the customer relations department to begin with.

If in doubt about retention type offers, ask someone who has canceled a Rogers account to see if they were offered anything. Rogers does sometimes send out offers via postal mail to try to get the customer back. Other times, they phone you after cancelling (even after porting out). Sometimes those offers are nothing special, while other times, the offer is sometimes better than what's offered to new customers.

Feedback Score
    I work in the MaRS (right outside Toronto General) building and I have perfect reception with TELUS. You must either be in the basement or rogers really makes no difference.

Device(s)
    Samsung Hype A256
    Feedback Score
    op: where is location that you do NOT have a reception aside from rogers? seems weird

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast