Thread: StarTAC and Mobilesurfr 56K Pinouts

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

StarTAC and Mobilesurfr 56K Pinouts

Man, it's been a while since I've been on these forums.
    Well, I'm outside UMTS coverage again and that meant I got to dust off the StarTAC 7574 that helped me so much through highschool. In my travels however I found a brand new Mobilesurfr 56K PCMCIA modem. What caught me off guard is that you could purchase a cable for it that linked the card with your TAC.

Unfortunately it seems that nobody has (or at least does not want to mention they own) the cable so I'm trying to build one from loose connectors I scavenged over time.

PROBLEM 1: There's multiple versions of the StarTAC 15 pin connector pinout. which one is correct? this one or could it be this one??

PROBLEM 2: Don't know the pinout of the Mobilesurfr. Kinda need this. :/ Does someone have this written down on a notepad somewhere or have the actual cable so I could figure out the pinout? I can build the cable myself no problem.

Feedback Score

StarTac pinout for 15 pin connector

Hi,
    Did you ever find out the actual pinout for the StarTac 15 pin connector? I have a StarTac 130 and am desperately trying to find it out! Can you or anyone help?

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    No, unfortunately. In the end I found the cable as part of a kit with another PCMCIA card and it was promptly stolen while in the postal service. God dammit USPS...
    Anyways, Telus announced that they are shutting down data services for CDMA early next year in preparation for shafting everyone with CDMA in 2015 when they shut down completely so there's very little reason for me to continue looking.