Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Family of Four with iPhones needs a new plan.

Device(s)
    Nokia E62
    Feedback Score

Family of Four with iPhones needs a new plan.

I have four (4) iPhones on Rogers and have not paid under $400/month in the last several months. I have been with Rogers for over 12 years and with the recent addition of my daughter's phone, have been paying tons of money to Rogers and want some intelligent suggestions.

Right now, I am on the Family Plan. Which means one phone line is $100/month and the other three lines are $35.00/month. Therefore, the total without additions is $205/month. However, as you know there are charges for call display, voicemail, MMS plans, on and on and on.

The plan with taxes is over $400/month. For this amount of money, the plan includes UNLIMITED phone calls, UNLIMITED texted messages and 2GB of data.

If anyone has any better suggestions, please post them here. Preferrably, I would like to get all four (4) phones for a flat rate of $240.00/month, or as close to this price as possible.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    The current family plan with 2GB of shared data will run you about $230+tax a month and includes all the features you've mentioned. You can try the retention route and see if you can get it even lower.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Call in and ask to speak to retentions as you are thinking of switching providers as you are paying $400 a month for cell services.

Once at retentions, tell them it would basically cost you under $70 a line, to have individual accounts and what can they offer you... shared minutes not need, shared data not needed.

EXpress not pleased with $400 month and saw during holidays fido had 57 month plan that is way better than what you are paying for and would had been alot cheaper for you. State you feel overpaying $150-200 month,,,,

Feedback Score

Re: Family of Four with iPhones needs a new plan.

Did you contact Rogers & ask if other packages are available? I would suggest to try that first & post the suggestions over here...

Quote Originally Posted by rdambros View Post
    I have four (4) iPhones on Rogers and have not paid under $400/month in the last several months. I have been with Rogers for over 12 years and with the recent addition of my daughter's phone, have been paying tons of money to Rogers and want some intelligent suggestions.

Right now, I am on the Family Plan. Which means one phone line is $100/month and the other three lines are $35.00/month. Therefore, the total without additions is $205/month. However, as you know there are charges for call display, voicemail, MMS plans, on and on and on.

The plan with taxes is over $400/month. For this amount of money, the plan includes UNLIMITED phone calls, UNLIMITED texted messages and 2GB of data.

If anyone has any better suggestions, please post them here. Preferrably, I would like to get all four (4) phones for a flat rate of $240.00/month, or as close to this price as possible.

Thanks.
    Sent from my GT-P7500R using HowardForums
    Disclaimer: All my posts, replies, comments and/or opinions expressed on www.howardforums.com are my own contribution only. The views expressed on this page do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of Fido, its management or employees.
    Fritz Z24...

Carrier(s)
    FreedomMobile
    Feedback Score

Re: Family of Four with iPhones needs a new plan.

Thanks.
    Better to go to another carrier eg fido or virgin

Sent from my SGH-I747M using HowardForums

Device(s)
    Nokia E62
    Feedback Score
    I called Rogers and they offered me a 270 plan. The rep said that would include everything except HST. I told her I still was not happy and wanted my price to leave. The cost to lave was 1083, due to my daughters recent iPhone upgrade and my sons upgrade 6 months ago. Plus a 30 day penalty if I wanted to keep the phone numbers. Now I'm really upset and do not know what to do.

Some members have contacted me with better deals that I am following up on.

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I called Rogers and they offered me a 270 plan. The rep said that would include everything except HST. I told her I still was not happy and wanted my price to leave. The cost to lave was 1083, due to my daughters recent iPhone upgrade and my sons upgrade 6 months ago. Plus a 30 day penalty if I wanted to keep the phone numbers. Now I'm really upset and do not know what to do.

It's unfortunate that Rogers is not willing to save a 4 user account with potential growth, especially when there are for sure better offers available out there.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Check out Fido has available, then if they are worthwhile see if they'll allow the $100 per line port into Fido. Have your current phones unlocked for another $50 each (if necessary) and use them on Fido. As long as they don't require you to take new phones and only require you take contracts, then you would have $12.50 cancelation fees per line with Fido if you later decided to move on.
    Unlocked iPhone XS Max 256GB, Unlocked JetBlack 128GB iPhone 7Plus, Unlocked 64GB iPhone 6, unlocked 32GB iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked 16GB iPhone 4
    $60/10GB Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes, Unlimited international messaging (SMS/MMS) CD, VM

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I called Rogers and they offered me a 270 plan.
    Did you call and actually talk to Retentions, or just the first-level Customer Service people? If you're not sure, go through the menus and select "Cancel a service", which redirects you to Retentions. Those are the people you want to talk to.

But yeah, you've got two phone HUPs in a 6-month period, so you should expect to pay a significant penalty to cancel your contract. That's why you should *always* consider your contractual options before HUPping.

If you went the Fido route, their $57 plan across four phones is nearly $230/month. And that's only after you've unlocked your phones to work with Fido, and ignores your recent HUPs. So $270/month doesn't seem that bad a deal for what you're getting.
    In three years, when your contractual obligation is up (assuming you manage to resist HUPping again), I'd consider separating the plans. Might be a bit more (or might now be), but you'll have maximum flexibility. I always found "family plans" of questionable value, but that's just me. :-)

Brad.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

If it was retentions they would had offered to switch you to individual plans from the family plan.

easy solution is to sell phones to offset cost of cancellation and get new phones with dif provider.

Carrier(s)
    Solavei
    Feedback Score

Wow!!!

One thing I would consider is if you find a MUCH lesser plan anywhere else it may just be worth it to break the contract and pay the ETF on the phones.

$400! You can be going on a family vacation every 6 months.

Manny

Feedback Score

The Fido/Rogers Inter-Brand Migration policy is clear, you must take a new agreement with the new provider...

And the process must start from the Customer Relations Department.

Quote Originally Posted by ceredon View Post
    Check out Fido has available, then if they are worthwhile see if they'll allow the $100 per line port into Fido. Have your current phones unlocked for another $50 each (if necessary) and use them on Fido. As long as they don't require you to take new phones and only require you take contracts, then you would have $12.50 cancelation fees per line with Fido if you later decided to move on.

Feedback Score

How much are you saving with this offer?

I called Rogers and they offered me a 270 plan. The rep said that would include everything except HST. I told her I still was not happy and wanted my price to leave...

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz Z24 View Post
    The Fido/Rogers Inter-Brand Migration policy is clear, you must take a new agreement with the new provider...

And the process must start from the Customer Relations Department.
    And new customers are forced to take a new phone for a contract? Interesting if so. Tying and bundling are always interesting.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by ceredon View Post
    And new customers are forced to take a new phone for a contract? Interesting if so. Tying and bundling are always interesting.
    Actually they are not forced to take an agreement, they don't want to be heavily penalized with their current one while switching provider.

This exception exist as an alternative at a reasonable price, so if you already on a agreement, you have to take a new one when moving from Fido2Rogers or vice versa.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast