Thread: Question about billing - Going from Verizon Wireless to Page Plus

Feedback Score

Question about billing - Going from Verizon Wireless to Page Plus

I paid my Verizon bill about Jan 16, 2013 but decided to go with Page Plus Jan 19 when I had our 3 phones ported over.

When we first went with Verizon, didn't we pay some in advance? I thought I'd be getting a refund since I quit Verizon 7 days into a billing cycle.

Come to find out I'll owe for those 7 days instead of them refunding me for the rest of January.

I guess when we pay a Verizon bill we are paying for the prior month?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    You are paying in advance, you are correct.

Smart move to save money if you are not using a lot of data, it is sometimes hell for me to download stuff on PP.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBunnie View Post
    You are paying in advance, you are correct.

Smart move to save money if you are not using a lot of data, it is sometimes hell for me to download stuff on PP.
    So if we paid some money in advance when we signed up w/Verizon, we shouldn't be having to pay anything when we leave Verizon? Is that what you are saying? I'm not understanding why I would still owe them and not them owe me.

Feedback Score
    All I can tell you is after this aggravation with the last bill with VZW is over. You will never have to deal with VZW & this nonsense again. Welcome to PPC & cellular freedom.

Feedback Score

Question about billing - Going from Verizon Wireless to Page Plus

Verizon if you were on a regular contract account was postpaid. Meaning you were paying for the previous month. Page Plus is prepaid meaning you pay for the month before you use it and will have to again before the end date or your phone will quite working. I use a data manager app to remind me when I need to refill.they will send you a text about 6 days in advance reminding you to refill. You also can setup the auto refill. Either way once you get used to it you will be pleasantly surprised when you pay exactly the same amount each month unless you decide to change things. No Verizon surprise big bills!

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Read your last Verizon statement carefully, it will tell you what timeframe was covered with that payment. It can take 1-2 billing cycles for everything to resolve, particularly if you have any overages, purchases, or other charges that hadn't yet been billed to your account on your final statement before porting.

The dates on top of that statement will tell you exactly what you've paid for, you should also note that Verizon does not pro-rate the final month of service, so expect to pay for the entire month.

Device(s)
    LG G6, Samsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (Verizon), Red Pocket (ATT)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by spottedcatfish View Post

The dates on top of that statement will tell you exactly what you've paid for, you should also note that Verizon does not pro-rate the final month of service, so expect to pay for the entire month.
    When I ported four lines out of Verizon two years ago, I was only charged for the few days we had service. I wasn't charged for the entire month. Maybe things have changed since then.

Feedback Score
    I just received my Verizon bill and it's zero. That's what leads me to believe they owe me as I had just paid them 148.00 a couple of days before switching all 3 phones over to PagePlus. If I owed them for that week into the next billing cycle, they didn't charge so I'm thinking I paid ahead of the billing cycle at some point.

Feedback Score
    It's postpaid but you still get charged for the entire billing period; as a previous poster said, they do not prorate. If you canceled 2 days into your new billing period, you will see that your final bill, which won't come until you have already been on Page Plus for nearly a month, will be for the entire month. Therefore, it's always best to do a Page Plus port 3 or 4 days (praying there is no unforseen hangup) before the end of your billing cycle so as to minimize the going away party Verizon surprises you with. You can argue with them all you'd like and it will fall on deaf ears. I will NEVER go back to Verizon with the way they treated me when I finally told them to take a hike. They treat their customers like dirt, and they treat their about-to-be former customers like radioactive dirt.

Feedback Score
    Diddlydudette is correct. We were a Verizon dealer for a couple of years. They do screw their customers. When you first sign up with Verizon they charge you a complete month plus a prorated amount from the activation date to the billing cycle date, so you are always paying a month in advance. The only time you are paying for previous month's charges is if there were any overages (roaming, minute overages, etc.)

Feedback Score
    That's what I thought tvservice. So they don't have to pay me for days not used? How can they get by with that?

ETA: I just called Verizon again and finally got someone that agrees that I should get part of the last month back in credit. Persistence paid off.

They are issuing me a credit for 102.65 and I should see the credit back on my card in 3-5 business days.
    Last edited by diddlydudette; 02-21-2013 at 09:39 AM.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    From the Verizon Customer Agreement:
    Cancellations will become effective on the last day of that month's billing cycle, and you are responsible for all charges incurred until then. Also, if you bought your wireless device from an authorized agent or third–party vendor, you should check whether they charge a separate termination fee.
    I think it's a good sign for consumers that if you press the issue, they give you a credit (that feels more responsive than usual for Verizon), but, they are not required to pay you for the days not used because technically, your cancellation is not effective until the last day of your billing month.