Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Verizon 4620L Unlocking

Feedback Score
    You did not mention APN used. The following is worth investigating. Sometimes epc.tmobile.com might make a difference.
    LTE APN is fast.t-mobile.com
    HSPA+ APN is epc.tmobile.com

https://support.t-mobile.com/message/376710

Device(s)
    V400
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    What am I missing here? Many are asking how to uslock a CDMA (Verizon - Sprint) device and puzzled why it won't work on a GSM (AT&T T-Mobile) carrier. I don't have the device but I imagine that it's not supposed to work on a different technology. If the device is dual technology then it would be a surprise to me.
    Last edited by donphillipe; 09-08-2018 at 11:17 AM.

Feedback Score
    That's a Jetpack. It works purely on LTE, has nothing to do with CDMA or GSM!

PS: For your info, AT&T is not a GSM company. It was, but not anymore.

Device(s)
    V400
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    I thought it had EVDO fallback? Anyway, there are bands to consider even if it is all LTE. I find in traveling from country to country (GSM based) that devices won't work carrier to carrier in the same country even if unlocked, It's always best to buy a device that the phone company markets for their bands and architecture.

Device(s)
    V400
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    That's a Jetpack. It works purely on LTE, has nothing to do with CDMA or GSM!

PS: For your info, AT&T is not a GSM company. It was, but not anymore.
    Just for curiosity, have you got an AT&T or T-mobile chip to plug in there?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by donphillipe View Post
    What am I missing here? Many are asking how to uslock a CDMA (Verizon - Sprint) device and puzzled why it won't work on a GSM (AT&T T-Mobile) carrier. I don't have the device but I imagine that it's not supposed to work on a different technology. If the device is dual technology then it would be a surprise to me.
    I'm missing on why are you even responding to thread that hasn't had any responses in 34 months

Device(s)
    V400
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    As would be my curiosity also be stirred as to why someone would chose to chastise me rather for reviving the topic at any time in history and clarify the topic for posterity.

My reason for comment if you are really curious is I am looking for someone who is using a Total Wireless sim in the same model Jetpack you are using and this particular post is one of few I have found in the vastness of the internets that talks about using a Jetpack with a carrier other than Verizon. My level of curiosity regarding the cell industry in general would dictate that I also hold a general level of curiosity of all topics dealing with the Jetpack in in this case would extend to simply if it works other non-Verizon carriers as well. I didn't dream it would work but seeing it demoed would be something quite interesting and thus why I would ask if the demo photo was available with the other carriers, which would confirm once and for all that in the case of the Jetpack, LTE is LTE.

Otherwise the age old "if it's not happening now, it's not happening" philosophy maintained by modern day moderators and owners of forums is simply not valid. I have found since I have used forums on large computer networks before the Internet even came to pass, that simply posting a fresh question on a niche topic which has a niche field of interest is really pointless. If the topic does not remain a common topic of conversation historically, it usually means that there is no continuing interest of a large scale world-wide and posting the question in a general topic forum results in no response at all because day to day, these forums are being monitored by a very narrow populace of the overall experience pool. Otherwise and contrary to the philosophy that "only new is relevant", many times someone who has a curiosity about a topic has only a single chance to obtain some relevant answers and that is to hit upon some group who expressed a curiosity on that niche topic in the past. Since forums normally have subscribers, hitting the forum again is sort of a "last chance stab in the dark" that some people familiar with the topic might who commented in the past might still be subscribed and perhaps have gained even more experience on the subject and could perhaps interject more. So in effect this exemplifies that an "old topic" is much more of a rich resource than anyone who promotes the theme of "only modern and recent is valid" paradigm we have constructed. So in response to your question, this was the primary reason for reviving an old topic, the fact that a topic is never too old if it is still relevant.

The second goal was a "good citizen" attempt to correct something (an old forum post) that serves as many of our only research materials. We are often left with old open posts as our only source of information. You can't really find this stuff in the library. Also contrary to popular belief, there is a sub-culture that still relies upon antiquated (3-4 year old) equipment and even though the culture demands we focus on the new and dispose of all the old, there are anarchists among us who continue to hang on to the old technology,

Device(s)
    V400
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Another good example of why people revive old posts and why old posts should remain open. Let's say someone I don't know at all owns a 1975 Chevy and had a problem they described in detail with the transmission back in 1999 on the "Fix a Chevy Forum". Now let's say tomomrrow I search and the problem exactly matches mine. The "new age forum police" would jump onto me in 2018 for posting to that old forum post. But they would be totally out of touch. Had I started a new thread and described in duplicate my matching problem, the original poster would have never noticed it at all because maybe he sold his Chevy in 2012. If I opened the old original post and he was still subscribed, he might have come in and stated "yes I ended up changing the modulator in addition to the solenoid I talked about originally and the car ran fine until I sold it". This is a bit of information exchange that would have never happened otherwise. In reality what would have happened otherwise is an energetic (I won't say overzealous) forum moderator would have stepped in after a few wise-guys had made comments such as "get a real car" and "it's no wonder your tranny failed cause it's a piece of crap". The moderator may have said , yes Don we normally discuss much more modern Chevy's here and I suggest if you want a reliable car, to look for something newer. Welcome to the age of dis-information.

Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO X4, Iphone 6S On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by donphillipe View Post
    Long, long rambling....
    I think you can step down off your soapbox now.

Device(s)
    V400
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust N Bones View Post
    I think you can step down off your soapbox now.
    If you go back to today's posts here you will notice someone else invited the conversation. I came here to learn and comment about the JetPack. You might instead address all the ones who took the direction to make the topic about something else.

Otherwise, while I do appreciate the advise, I won't plan to respond to anyone else unless you have some point about the Jetpack to discuss. Thanks for all who stuck to the subject. I am still curious about what other carriers the Jetpack has been tested with as well as if it has been tested on Total Wireless or not, and again thanks to all those with a positive response and who continue to make valuable contributions to the technical community.

Feedback Score
    This post is for the ones who are interested in information purely for the interest of knowing and ESPECIALLY for the ones who want to "utilize" old technology for use today.
    I am responding to this post using a 4620L with a SIM from freedompop that uses the AT&T network. Tomorrow I will re-verify (I did more that a year ago) that I can also use a T-Mobile SIM.
    The thing about LTE is that the bands must match. The device, if originally locked, must be unlocked.
    This is a beautiful time to fiddle with hotspots and modems.
    I guaranteed that a 4620L will work with T-Mobile and AT&T and several global carriers.
    I am a PRO and I am willing to share what I know.
    Still living just outside of the last mile and loving it!

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    I think i still have a 4620 laying around the house. If so, lets party like its 2012!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2