Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is my data only $5?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidus View Post
    I just called Tmobile Retentions and asked about the data plan. It's called "Bridge to Value Preferred Web" has a 5gb limit before throttling, $5 per month, only Loyalty department can add it.
    This doesn't make sense being throttled at 5GB.
    According to @tivoman, who also happens to be on the same plan, has gone over 26GB and has not yet received throttling.
    If someone can post a screenshot for proof, it'd be great!
    -----------------------------------------------
    My 920SH is amazing!
    My 920SH can get you hot and bothered!

Currently using SH-06a! (WHITE)
    Will post Pictures soon!

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    -T--Mobile USA|Get More
    Feedback Score
    When the Preferred android data plan (at $20) first came out, in 2010, it was not throttled at all. Soon, T-Mobile placed a cap of 10GB, which it then lowered to the current 5GB.

I do not know if this $5 plan is exactly the same, but the no-throttle could be temporary as well. I guess time will tell?

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    So theres no way to get this unless you are getting another 2 years added? im trying to avoid that since on my 4 lines, 2 are due an upgrade for 2 years now, the other 2 end at the end of this year and plan to switch to value plan or go somewhere else.

id love to get this but im not signing another contract

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyburns View Post
    So theres no way to get this unless you are getting another 2 years added? im trying to avoid that since on my 4 lines, 2 are due an upgrade for 2 years now, the other 2 end at the end of this year and plan to switch to value plan or go somewhere else.

id love to get this but im not signing another contract
    As I said in my post, adding this did not change my contract or upgrade eligibility.

Feedback Score
    I just called Tmobile Retentions and asked about the data plan. It's called "Bridge to Value Preferred Web" has a 5gb limit before throttling, $5 per month, only Loyalty department can add it. The CSR described it as a way to give classic plan members a "sample" of the cost savings they would get from value. I asked if having this data plan requires me to change to a Value plan at some point, and she said it does not, despite the name. She did not have a SOC code for it.

I successfully had the plan added to another line on my family plan. She also said I would not be able to get it if I were upgrading the phone on that line. This was not a problem for me as I was bringing my own phone.

It's ironic the way the CSR described the plan since it actually reduces my incentive to switch to Value by making my Classic Plan (grandfathered) cheaper. In fact, with 4 lines total and 2 lines with this $5 data plan, I am actually paying the same amount that I would be paying on Value. I am curious as to whether this is a temporary discount or not. Perhaps it doesn't really matter since upgrade subsidies will be discontinued soon anyway.
    How did you talk to retentions to get this? Did you bluff about leaving T-Mobile? What groups of T-Mobile customers are eligible for this, considering old/new, in/out of contract, other plans held such as voice service, prepaid/postpaid status, etc? I am asking because I am generally interested in learning more about this plan, as well as possibly adding it in place of my Total Internet. I would want to keep by 1500 minute Even More voice at $40.00/month (unless I can swap that to unlimited voice at the same price).

Quote Originally Posted by Antenna View Post
    When the Preferred android data plan (at $20) first came out, in 2010, it was not throttled at all. Soon, T-Mobile placed a cap of 10GB, which it then lowered to the current 5GB.

I do not know if this $5 plan is exactly the same, but the no-throttle could be temporary as well. I guess time will tell?
    I am curious about this issue too, since I am on 2004 T&Cs with my Total Internet, been out of contract for years. No ban on tethering/wifi hotspot, and no statement in my Terms and Conditions that they can throttle the speed. I can buy the $15.00 hotspot feature to take care of the tethering with this new plan, but I think newer T&Cs say they can change the throttle points at will unless the data plan states a specific throttle point. Since T-Mobile has been stating the throttle points in their data plans lately, is there a written description of this plan that someone can share, even if its from T-Mobile employee documentation?

As I said in my post, adding this did not change my contract or upgrade eligibility.
    So are you saying I can add this plan without taking a contract and switching to the modern T&Cs?

And if I do need a contract, I can still get a deal on a new phone?

Also, with my plan as it is, is my ability to get a subsidy on a new phone going to disappear soon if I don't do it, with them ending subsidies, or am I grandfathered to do one later anyway?

Also, has anyone been able to find the SOC code for this plan yet, or dig it out of the HTML of their plan display?

Thanks

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Re: Why is my data only $5?

Quote Originally Posted by Antenna View Post

I do not know if this $5 plan is exactly the same, but the no-throttle could be temp
    orary as well. I guess time will tell?
    T-zones is tried and tested. The 5 data may not stand the test of time. Hmmm I'm gone stick with my T-zones but the option to use any T-Mobile phone is tempting.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using HowardForums

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

I just called Tmobile Retentions and asked about the data plan. It's called "Bridge to Value Preferred Web" has a 5gb limit before throttling, $5 per month, only Loyalty department can add it. The CSR described it as a way to give classic plan members a "sample" of the cost savings they would get from value. I asked if having this data plan requires me to change to a Value plan at some point, and she said it does not, despite the name. She did not have a SOC code for it.

I successfully had the plan added to another line on my family plan. She also said I would not be able to get it if I were upgrading the phone on that line. This was not a problem for me as I was bringing my own phone.
    So she added the code but told you the line is no longer eligible for an upgrade. So you got a hybrid account... Part classic part value...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using HowardForums

Device(s)
    Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

So basically it is the same as the $5 bridge to value 2 GB plan but you get an extra 3 GB to equal 5 GB. You can't get subsidized phones anymore either. I guess that is not a bad deal. If you're the type of person who doesn't upgrade phones much it would be cheaper in the end.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using HowardForums

Device(s)
    iphones
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    my plan looks very similar to the op

right now I have 2 lines
    ancient family time basic 49.99
    pref unlimited messaging 15.00
    pref android unlimited 20.00
    Second line
    pref android unlimited 20.00
    how would i go about getting them reduced to the reduced plan

iphone 5 on hspa

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    so can anyone confirm 100% that this does NOT add 2 years? i might be ok with giving up my upgrade but thats about it.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    also if this will work if i have an iphone 4?

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyburns View Post
    so can anyone confirm 100% that this does NOT add 2 years? i might be ok with giving up my upgrade but thats about it.
    Mine didn't add two years. She did say that if I want to upgrade my phone in two years, that I would lose this feature.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Super deal for anyone who gets both a phone upgrade and this legit $5/5G data service option on a classic type plan.

Newer Classic Plan smart phone upgrades generally require at least a $20 data option, except for some grandfathered customers (like us) who who could get the $10 200MB data option with upgrade.

Even if you are out of contract, it's still excellent to be able to add or change to this $5/5G data service and keep your older plan, while using newer Android phones. In essence, the low price benefits of the Value Plan without having to sign a new 2 year contract.

You can upgrade a smart phone on a BTV line, you just lose the data discount and go back to the $20 data option.

T-Mobile blows away the competition with these consumer friendly choices.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by rodolfo7171 View Post
    how would i go about getting them reduced to the reduced plan
    Just call the retention department and have them add it on for you.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    so this wont work if i have an iphone?

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast