Thread: Direct Talk on a PowerSource phone

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Direct Talk on a PowerSource phone

I bought a few ic402 phones with the idea of using them for secure communications with the direct talk feature but upon turning on with a SIM card inserted I am greeted with an "in progress" message. Is there any way around this or am I basically SOL?

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    not necessarily, if you have an active iden sim you can put it in the phone and it will register on iden and clear that message. it will also tie that sim to the phone though. I have used this method with ic-602s. i simply ordered a bag of old used boost sims for like $5 put my active boost sim in the handset let it register and clear the message, then swapped had boost swap my sim id in there system. with that method you can clear the message lock a sim to the phone then have your service back to a fresh sim and repeat as needed

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Re: Direct Talk on a PowerSource phone

I have tried a boost Sim that I used to use many months ago but ever since Sprint began selectively shutting down iden base stations I stopped maintaining the account and is now no longer active. So basically if the boost sim I have would've been active then that could've easily bypassed the in progress message? My original iden phone that I had on boost is not getting service anymore so I assume the phone is broken or another cell site near me was shut down.

If I have to activate boost mobile service again then are dealers capable of that. Plan B would be ask around for an active sim but considering no I know personally has iden. As a last resort I could try getting service from Nextel Mexico.

In my own spare time I also tried other methods that involved getting the MSL but didn't know where to go from there.

Still thanks for taking the time to reply since posts of this topic are usually ignored and no longer looked upon.