Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Tri-Band LTE Phones Coming To Sprint

http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/article.php?a=11771

Today, 4:57 PM by Rich Brome

Sprint is preparing to launch new phones in the second half of 2013 that support LTE technology in all of the company's major frequency bands, according to Sprint Director of Device Product Marketing Trevor A. Van Norman. The company had previously hinted at dual-band phones, but now plans to skip straight to tri-band, to fully support all of the company's planned LTE deployments. In addition to Sprint's current LTE band near 1900 MHz (band 25), the phones will also support LTE near 800 MHz and 2,500 MHz. The 800 band (also known as ESMR, BC10, and band 27) hosts iDEN - which is being phased out - and CDMA. Sprint has previously announced plans to deploy LTE technology in that band in early 2014. Sprint will also keep CDMA in part of the 8900 band and/or in certain regions. The 2,500 MHz band (also known as band 41) hosts both WiMAX and LTE technologies, and is owned by Clear, which Sprint is trying to acquire control of. Regardless of the outcome of that transaction, Sprint will use the Clear LTE network to augment its LTE coverage and capacity.

from Sprint

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Re: Tri-Band LTE Phones Coming To Sprint

Good timing for me

Sent from my EVO LTE using HowardForums

Device(s)
    2 iPhones are better than one. Twice the fun. Ask anyone.
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Tri-Band LTE Phones Coming To Sprint

Pls for the s4 pls! Looks like I will be packing this s3 for a while. Eligible April 1 but I will wait for that!

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S/ iPhone 6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Hmm i was about to buy the Note II full price from Sprint this month, but after reading this and seeing new exynos 5 processor & display technology and this TriBand LTE phones, which hopefully Galaxy s4 is apart of...and hopefully with simultaneously 3G Data & Voice like S3 and EVO LTE, unlike Note2 that cant do that

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S 2/Moto Atrix 4g
    Carrier(s)
    1. Sprint /2.Straight Talk (Unlimited $45) GSM
    Feedback Score
    As of right now, my next phone may be the Note 2 but was already thinking of waiting for this yrs model especially with the new Samsung chipset announced this week with 2 quad core chips in it.

My main hold out is for a strong LTE (as good or better then Wimax) here in NYC. So if that time frame ends up being around summer time, I will just wait for the Note 3 or best device out or coming out in that time frame for Sprint.
    Fios Home Network

Evo 4g•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••GS2 4g

Feedback Score
    I can't wait to see tri band LTE phones. My contract is up in June and I would love to pick up a SGS4. Samsung normally releases the US versions of the SGS series in June/July time frame.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by akayareal View Post
    As of right now, my next phone may be the Note 2 but was already thinking of waiting for this yrs model especially with the new Samsung chipset announced this week with 2 quad core chips in it.

My main hold out is for a strong LTE (as good or better then Wimax) here in NYC. So if that time frame ends up being around summer time, I will just wait for the Note 3 or best device out or coming out in that time frame for Sprint.
    Dude, how do you get such a great d/l speed on WiMAX? The best I ever got was like 6Mb/s. I'm getting 3Mb/s on average in NYC. I'm paranoid testing 4G speeds all over the city (except SI).

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ทTทททMobileท USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Barneymillerjr View Post
    Dude, how do you get such a great d/l speed on WiMAX? The best I ever got was like 6Mb/s. I'm getting 3Mb/s on average in NYC. I'm paranoid testing 4G speeds all over the city (except SI).
    With my overdrive in a WiMax area, i regularly pull 10-15Mbps no problem. What phone do you have?
    Verizon: Grandfathered UDP
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT&T: Premium & More w/ Free 100Mbps VDSL2 "for life"

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S 2/Moto Atrix 4g
    Carrier(s)
    1. Sprint /2.Straight Talk (Unlimited $45) GSM
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Barneymillerjr View Post
    I always get good Wimax in the North Bronx. I also get good Wimax by Times Square.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by akayareal View Post

I think I'm right there with ya on this.

Device(s)
    Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Me 3 - I've moved to Verizon while Sprint finishes NV in the Northeast, the slowness of 3G is just to painful for even me to stay on Sprint in these conditions. Which is a good time, because by the time my 2 years are up, Sprint should have NV complete, Clear will be gone, and Tri-Band LTE phone will be common-place.

I wouldn't upgrade until Tri-Band LTE phones start coming online, that way you know you're secure, equipment wise.