Page 81 of 85 FirstFirst ... 31 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1262

Thread: Official Loyalty & Retention thread

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Background info: I have a small business account with 6 GB/Unlimited everything for $60 per month. I renewed it last December for an iPhone 7 Plus.

With the new promo from other companies, I called last Friday to see what they can do. I got to the retentions, and the agent didn't know anything about the promo and didn't even bother to offer me anything.

Now that Telus/Koodo is officially offering the same promo, I called again today and spoke to the retentions. I basically have to pay out my device balance ($240) and switch to a consumer line to get the promo plan. They don't and won't offer this promo for business clients.

I would like more data, but don't want to pay out $240 for the device balance. However, I was able to confirm that I will be able to renew for a new contract with my current plan, whenever that may be. So, I am leaning towards keeping my plan and renewing next year for a new phone, since this promo is for BYOD.

Device(s)
    Essential PH-1 / Apple iPhone X
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by saltorio View Post
    I'm assuming the 10GB/$60 plan is not shareable, but does anyone know for sure?
    NOT shareable. I believe multiple users can have it on the same account though.

Device(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ddochi11 View Post
    Background info: I have a small business account with 6 GB/Unlimited everything for $60 per month. I renewed it last December for an iPhone 7 Plus.

With the new promo from other companies, I called last Friday to see what they can do. I got to the retentions, and the agent didn't know anything about the promo and didn't even bother to offer me anything.

Now that Telus/Koodo is officially offering the same promo, I called again today and spoke to the retentions. I basically have to pay out my device balance ($240) and switch to a consumer line to get the promo plan. They don't and won't offer this promo for business clients.

I would like more data, but don't want to pay out $240 for the device balance. However, I was able to confirm that I will be able to renew for a new contract with my current plan, whenever that may be. So, I am leaning towards keeping my plan and renewing next year for a new phone, since this promo is for BYOD.
    Yes, these plans are firmly consumer only. Business plans are generally better than consumer, so this is a rare win for the little guy.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Official Loyalty & Retention thread

Not shareable according to this article:

http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carrier...-plan-ontario/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fuelled by rice

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S+
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Wow, not very impressed when I tried (in vain!) to call into Executive Client Relations this year. Been with Telus 20+ years and almost left to go to Rogers this time around due to frustration..

Last time I renewed my wife & I's plans was two years ago, dealt with a fellow named Kevin Otis, based in Ontario. Great guy! Extremely helpful. Gave us a great deal on plans, we ended up spending a ton on new phones but he made us happy all the way through. Three years prior was the same office in Ontario, a gal named Caroline? Also exceptional service.

This year? I called in for a separate billing issue about two months before our plans came up. Great service, very helpful guy on the line sent a message thru their system to Mr. Otis for us, found out he's no longer in that office, but he gave me the local (Richmond, BC) number for a guy named Cal Bains (sp?). I've left numerous messages for him, only had one call back since then, never able to connect with the guy. Ok, I get that there's a huge line up this past weekend with the $60/10gb promo but this was well before that. Very disappointed in the lack of service.

I'm on hold with Telus now, trying to get switched over to the promo deal, which apparently ends today. Might prolong my Telus account for that much longer... we'll see.

EDIT: On hold for 1 hour, 10 minutes. Switched to the $60/10gb plan in less than a minute. I'll stick for now.. but I tell ya, if your job is "customer relations" and you can't return calls? Maybe a new career is in order.
    Last edited by jlenko; 12-20-2017 at 04:07 AM. Reason: Add something

Device(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jlenko View Post
    Wow, not very impressed when I tried (in vain!) to call into Executive Client Relations this year. Been with Telus 20+ years and almost left to go to Rogers this time around due to frustration..

Last time I renewed my wife & I's plans was two years ago, dealt with a fellow named Kevin Otis, based in Ontario. Great guy! Extremely helpful. Gave us a great deal on plans, we ended up spending a ton on new phones but he made us happy all the way through. Three years prior was the same office in Ontario, a gal named Caroline? Also exceptional service.

This year? I called in for a separate billing issue about two months before our plans came up. Great service, very helpful guy on the line sent a message thru their system to Mr. Otis for us, found out he's no longer in that office, but he gave me the local (Richmond, BC) number for a guy named Cal Bains (sp?). I've left numerous messages for him, only had one call back since then, never able to connect with the guy. Ok, I get that there's a huge line up this past weekend with the $60/10gb promo but this was well before that. Very disappointed in the lack of service.

I'm on hold with Telus now, trying to get switched over to the promo deal, which apparently ends today. Might prolong my Telus account for that much longer... we'll see.

EDIT: On hold for 1 hour, 10 minutes. Switched to the $60/10gb plan in less than a minute. I'll stick for now.. but I tell ya, if your job is "customer relations" and you can't return calls? Maybe a new career is in order.
    You're conflating a bad rep with a historically responsive carrier support channel. Call Telus and deal directly, or ask for a different rep who will actually return your calls. Hell, try a local dealer and let them go to bat for you.

Device(s)
    LG Keybo
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    ok, I just got onto the new plan today. Calling loyalty directly will only put you on hold for two hours, then suddenly drop you. The online chat is also slow and I believe there are some issues with Chrome.

Call the normal line and say 'cancel account' then wait. Loyalty should still be able to hook you up, at least for the day.

One interesting thing the rep mentioned is that Freedom throttles after a few GB. If that's true, its a shame. Regardless, I am thankful for what they started.

Device(s)
    LG 8500
    Feedback Score
    I just moved to Koodo. Got tired of trying to talk to retention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    HTC Touch (barely works now - piece of junk)
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

Official Loyalty & Retention thread

Quote Originally Posted by stevewillows View Post

One interesting thing the rep mentioned is that Freedom throttles after a few GB. If that's true, its a shame. Regardless, I am thankful for what they started.
    Haha let me guess, the Telus rep told you that 🤪
    Ya they throttle your data ONLY after you've gone over your plan limit. So I get 10gb full speed and then when Telus and everyone else start charging you like crazy, Freedom just throttles your data (no extra charge), all throttled data is unlimited and included in the plan. So that's not a shame at all. What's a shame is Telus charging $70 per GB after you go over your plan.
    I was with Telus for over 20 yrs and finally got sick of them earlier this month when they chose to do zero for me when I called in about improving my plan. I've reduced my bill in half with Freedom and have been more than happy ever since. We should all show our appreciation to Freedom and Shaw for finally introducing some competition. Everyone whines and complains about the Big 3 all year and when they are forced to move on price (FINALLY) we all act as if they are the greatest company we have ever dealt with while slamming the one company who allowed all this to happen in the first place. Perhaps that is the real shame

Device(s)
    BB Storm 9530
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Poweruser (15+ lines)
    Feedback Score
    Apparently L&R no long is offering out of province rate plans to customers? A memo went out last Friday apparently? Can anyone confirm?
    Telus Client for over 13 years - My Plans:

$25/month + SAF/911/tax
    250 Daytime Mins // Unlimited Incoming // Unlimited E&W @ 6 pm // Unlimited Telus to Telus Nationwide // Unlimited Text Messaging // Business Bundle 10 // 100 Long Distance Mins

$57/month + SAF/911/tax
    1350 Daytime Mins // Unlimited Incoming // Unlimited E&W @ 5 pm // Unlimited Telus to Telus Nationwide // Unlimited Text Messaging // Business Bundle 10 // Corp 15

Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Spoke with Loyalty today. I've been a customer for 18 years. I currently have 2 lines, one a BYOD, the other was on a contract until last week. With 7 gigs shared I've been paying $155. Loyalty basically offered me exactly what is available on their website, with a 2 gig bonus. For $215, I would get 14 gigs and two phones on premium plans. What a slap in the face after the deal they had last month. Suffice to say, I'm going to look into changing carriers.

Device(s)
    BB Storm 9530
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Poweruser (15+ lines)
    Feedback Score
    *sigh* I'm a 20+ year small business client with Telus. Paying $65 a month for a rate plan with 5 GB of sharable data and canada wide calling in AB. Was told today I can not get the S9/S9+ at the two year term pricing ($450/$580) and keep my rate plan. I'd have to wait a few months and then they could probably let me keep my rate plan and offer me two year term pricing as there is some sort of freeze on making exceptions for rate plans and new phones.

Feedback Score
    Switch to Koodo guys. They have wicked loyalty plans. I had 10GB for $70/month. $60/month for 6gb and then $10/4GB worth of add-ons. You can have up to 4 data add-ons (so they say) I had 1GB for $0, 500mb for $0, 1GB for $5, 500mb for $0 another GB for $2

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DevinRabey View Post
    Switch to Koodo guys. They have wicked loyalty plans. I had 10GB for $70/month. $60/month for 6gb and then $10/4GB worth of add-ons. You can have up to 4 data add-ons (so they say) I had 1GB for $0, 500mb for $0, 1GB for $5, 500mb for $0 another GB for $2
    Can you access Koodo's loyalty plans even when you are a current Telus customer?

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
    Telus: Student 50 Plan MTM: - 500 mins anytime, eve/wknds @ 5PM, 5GB data, unl text, FAV10, CID and VM25
    Cable/Internet: Total: $104+tax - VIP, Gigabit, PVR, HD Box
    Home Phone: $0 - Obi200/FPL with Google Voice (free call Can/US)

Feedback Score
    I'd say call in, ask them about their $60 for 6gb plan and then tell them you know someone with those add-ons and see they can give them to you. I would show you the plan but I had to cancel my koodo account...running the Fido data only plan... $15/3GB until I can afford to get the Rogers Unlimited Plan.

Page 81 of 85 FirstFirst ... 31 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 LastLast