Page 8 of 84 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 58 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Loyalty & Retention thread

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xtachx View Post
    Koodo IS telus. Its like asking what is the difference between H2O and Water? Koodo gives you 4G LTE and the HSPA network, and their coverage is the exact same as telus.

Now, the difference. Koodo is cheaper, but doesnt have good phones / good phone subsidy. So you need to bring your own. Telus charges you more but gives you a bigger subsidy. Thats about it. (another difference is the international roaming rates, on "packages" they offer.)
    I'm aware that Koodo is Telus. If non-techs like us read that Koodo runs on Telus' old CDMA network, we wonder if there's any difference in service levels/reception/coverage. That's all.

By the way, just got off the phone with Koodo and they have iPhone 5, Z10 and SGIII, so you must mean they don't have some of the cooler geekier phones like Nexus or whatever.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tradernik View Post
    I'm aware that Koodo is Telus. If non-techs like us read that Koodo runs on Telus' old CDMA network, we wonder if there's any difference in service levels/reception/coverage. That's all.

By the way, just got off the phone with Koodo and they have iPhone 5, Z10 and SGIII, so you must mean they don't have some of the cooler geekier phones like Nexus or whatever.
    They dont have a huge subsidy on their phones. Its $150 max, and the payback is 10% of your bill / month. If you buy one of the latest and greatest phones, telus is cheaper. (*provided you can get a proper plan)

In my case, I have the $75 for 6GB plan (200 mins/6pm + unlimited msg +CID/VM). The same plan was $60 with koodo. However, my subsidy on the phone is about $18 or so, and hence, its less than koodo if you buy your own phone. (I have the note 2 which koodo doesnt offer).

So if you want the Note 2, HTC One etc, you either buy outright and go with koodo OR you sign a contract with telus.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tradernik View Post

At the beginning days of Koodo, that was the case - being mostly CDMA vs. Telus' HSPA offerings. However, this is no longer the case. Koodo now has only one old Blackberry for the CDMA.

As for SGSIII, they don't have it when SGSIII was first released in June. Koodo only started carrying it towards the end of 2012. They don't have other models such as Galaxy Note II, ATIV S, etc. But if you are bringing your own phone, phone selection wouldn't be an issue.

Device(s)
    blackberry storm 9350
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

Re: Official Loyalty & Retention thread

Are there no mods on Here. I find most of the comments on this thread aren't related to the title of this thread.....so much for creating a new threads without all the crud that can be said by making a new thread.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nelly_85 View Post
    Are there no mods on Here. I find most of the comments on this thread aren't related to the title of this thread.....so much for creating a new threads without all the crud that can be said by making a new thread.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2
    I actually agree. I had started a thread to ask my questions but it was closed and all posts were moved here.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Key2 & iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry Z10: Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.10+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.0.9.2372 Mobile Safari/537.10+)

Your post was 100% retention related, and per the rules nerds to be contained in this thread. That being said, I get that the conversation can lead into other areas, and we do try to keep this thread focused on retention plans only. I'll go through it later and move some of the off topic posts around.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xtachx View Post
    They dont have a huge subsidy on their phones. Its $150 max, and the payback is 10% of your bill / month. If you buy one of the latest and greatest phones, telus is cheaper. (*provided you can get a proper plan)

So if you want the Note 2, HTC One etc, you either buy outright and go with koodo OR you sign a contract with telus.
    Okay, thanks for the information.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry Z10: Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.10+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.0.9.2372 Mobile Safari/537.10+)

Your post was 100% retention related, and per the rules nerds to be contained in this thread. That being said, I get that the conversation can lead into other areas, and we do try to keep this thread focused on retention plans only. I'll go through it later and move some of the off topic posts around.
    yes, it seems to me that it's tough to keep a discussion that starts as retention-related focused on retention exclusively because these discussions necessarily lead to other areas. However, you have your way of structuring your forums, so no prob with me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Albe22rta View Post
    I had read somewhere that it does not have access to the entire network.
    Then post your source.

As for the topic, the whole point of our conversation is getting the most of our money. If you can move to the sub-brand (Koodo) and get the same level of service with less money, then do so.

The reason why it branches off is the following:

1. I got X from retention from the main brand
    2. You can get the same from the sub-brand for less; if that's their best offer, move your line to the sub-brand
    3. But sub-brand does not have the same coverage as the main brand
    4. No there isn't, from a signals perspective
    5. There has to be some differences
    6. No there isn't
    7. "I had read somewhere that it does not have access to the entire network."

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

Student 50 Plan

It seems to me that the Student 50 plan I've read about in this thread is really hard to come by.
    I was told by one Telus rep that the student 50 plan isn't available in Ontario.

Is there any truth to that claim? Can anyone confirm this? Have any HoFo members living in Ontario, received this plan?

Cheers.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    My girlfriend got a SMS from TELUS saying that she can get a $10/month credit on any plan if she transitions to a post-paid plan. Her needs are very basic since she's a heavy SMS user and barely uses voice minutes. She's been MTM on a SMS only plan and puts an extra couple of bucks on every month so she has a bank of minutes to use if needed. The goal is to minimize her monthly cost while getting her unlimited SMS and voice minutes for emergencies.

Any suggestions for minimizing monthly fees, either by negotiating some bonus features/reduced rate and remain MTM (is that even possible?) or move to a post-paid plan?
    Clearnet/TELUS Customer since 2001:
    MB Talk & Text - 2GB Share = Unlimited mins / Unlimited Canadian LD / Unlimited SMS / 2 GB = $55 + taxes

Click this for a free day of US talk and SMS on Roam Mobility! | Click this for free 2.5 GB Dropbox!

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Albe22rta View Post
    I had read somewhere that it does not have access to the entire network.
    Brand new poster here. I have three months left on contract with Telus (2000-2004 and 2005-present) and am seriously considering making the jump to Virgin or Koodo for the Canada-Wide calling plans, and unlimited incoming calls.

I called Telus L&R on February 19 to inquire about options, and Samantha told me that Koodo does not have full access to the Telus network. She said that Telus would not allow it. I did not know whether or not to believe her, but my gut said she was making it up.

Can anyone confirm this?

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Additionally, I am currently paying $45 a month for:

200 Local minutes
    10 Fave numbers
    5 pm evenings and weekends
    Call display, call waiting, voice mail 3
    100 mb Blackberry Social

It's not a bad plan at all, but like I mentioned above, I would like Canada-wide calling and unlimited incoming calls. We are cancelling our landline on March 15 and would like to boost my calling options. Data not too important because I am usually near Wifi at home and at work.

I would like to avoid a contract if possible. Samantha at Telus L&R gave me a couple of options:

1) Keep my current phone (BB Bold 9700) and go to unlimited Canada-wide talk and text for $70/month;
    2) Sign up for a new phone on a 3-year contract and receive above plan for $70/month;
    3) Sign up for a two-year contract with a select phone (e.g. IPhone 4) and receive $63 unlimited Canada talk and text, plus 1 gb data

I am currently looking at Virgin Mobile, who is offering 50% off Silver Plans + first month free.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Key2 & iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry Z10: Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.10+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.0.10.672 Mobile Safari/537.10+)

Quote Originally Posted by karissabean
    Samantha told me that Koodo does not have full access to the Telus network. She said that Telus would not allow it. I did not know whether or not to believe her, but my gut said she was making it up.
    Rubbish - it's the same network and same company. Koodo is just a sub brand of TELUS.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by karissabean View Post
    Brand new poster here. I have three months left on contract with Telus (2000-2004 and 2005-present) and am seriously considering making the jump to Virgin or Koodo for the Canada-Wide calling plans, and unlimited incoming calls.

I called Telus L&R on February 19 to inquire about options, and Samantha told me that Koodo does not have full access to the Telus network. She said that Telus would not allow it. I did not know whether or not to believe her, but my gut said she was making it up.

Can anyone confirm this?
    They have to tell people something or they would all jump ship to Koodo... As others have already mentioned the coverage is identical... I have a bunch of friends that switched from Telus to Koodo and see no difference in service...
    Before you jump ship... I would call and talk to someone in retentions as see what they can do for you...

Page 8 of 84 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 58 ... LastLast