Thread: $15 Charge for ESN Swap and Contact transfer?

Device(s)
    HTC EVO LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

$15 Charge for ESN Swap and Contact transfer?

I'm a business manager for Sprint, a business customer to a corporate retail store to do an ESN swap and contact swap on one device. Now, when she gets to the store she's advised that it's $15 to do this. I'm not one to get in a policy argument with retail but the customer called me and I checked all over KMS for anything to support this and couldn't find a thing. After she told the rep that the account manager (me) advised her that there would be no charge, they backed off the charge.

Is this a new policy or was a rep trying to pull a fast one?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I would find it easier to believe that they just didnt want to (in their minds) 'waste their time doing non revenue generating work for "your" customer' and tried to discourage her then that they were trying to pocket $15. But you never know. Sure it wasnt a dealer location?

Device(s)
    HTC EVO LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
    I would find it easier to believe that they just didnt want to (in their minds) 'waste their time doing non revenue generating work for "your" customer' and tried to discourage her then that they were trying to pocket $15. But you never know. Sure it wasnt a dealer location?
    I wasn't thinking they were trying to pocket $15, but I can understand from their perspective of not wanting to do the grunt work. And yes, it was a corporate location, I even double checked the ID accessing the account in CSM.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by corys00 View Post
    I wasn't thinking they were trying to pocket $15, but I can understand from their perspective of not wanting to do the grunt work. And yes, it was a corporate location, I even double checked the ID accessing the account in CSM.
    The $15 is supposed to be for phone number changes, not ESN swaps. The rep was likely just confused, since that's a new thing in COR.
    Last edited by Edge34; 01-05-2013 at 09:44 PM. Reason: corrected info.