Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Refusing Repairs?

Device(s)
    Pinky Bob
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Exclamation Refusing Repairs?

So I got my galaxy S3 a couple months ago and the camera used to be fine, but now I can never take a clear picture. I tried like 30 times in a row when I noticed this, hold my hands real still, use stabilizer, try everything , even flash. Constant blurry/fuzziness. No I do not have water damage. I even did a factory reset. I take it to a Rogers store and they're like are you sure you want to send it away for 3 weeks? It's just a camera, they probably won't even fix it. The reps are kind of laughing at me.

Then I call Samsung and they try tellin me some bull crap that oh there's bugs in your phone only we can fix, you probably are hacked and you better pay us 80$ right now for us to fix it before it becomes too late and your phone is dead for good. WTF??
    So then I call Rogers, they ask me if it overheats, and I said ya, they told me to bring it to the store again and then tell them that and they should take it in.

I feel like my world is ending, WTF is happening and will they fix my frikin camera!!

Device(s)
    blackberry storm 9350
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

Re: Refusing Repairs?

Probably will fix it. Try a Corp store like a Rogers video store.. If they even exist anymore. But it does take like 3-6 weeks for a repair

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

Device(s)
    blackberry storm 9350
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

Just out of curiosity have you cleaned the lense on the camera?

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nelly_85 View Post
    Probably will fix it. Try a Corp store like a Rogers video store.. If they even exist anymore. But it does take like 3-6 weeks for a repair

It takes 10 business days for a repair.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    hmmm thread title pertaining to question, but OP not asking question about thread title......

SImple phone should be under warranty still, if its still broke request replacement! If they charge you repair, show them warranty paperwork and receipt.

Samsung was probably quoting you a look at and shipping rate. As if nothing wrong they must charge you or if they detected a 3rd party ROM on device, which in case no repair tech cares about and will ignore it unless known to cause issue at hand.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Enze View Post

I feel like my world is ending, WTF is happening and will they fix my frikin camera!!
    If you feel you will "die" or your world will implode due to the lack of phone maybe just stop taking pictures is a better solution. No one ever died by not taking pictures.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by ircu View Post
    If you feel you will "die" or your world will implode due to the lack of phone maybe just stop taking pictures is a better solution. No one ever died by not taking pictures.
    Hi Shawn T Dot

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using HowardForums

Carrier(s)
    FreedomMobile
    Feedback Score

Refusing Repairs?

Do you have a smartphone care plan? If yea call and tell them you lost your phone or send it for repAir. If you dont have use your manufaturer warranty

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Q10 (v.3 w/ LTE 2600mhz band)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score

That's called a in-warranty repair.
    Yes the will repair the camera and replace that part.
    Depending on where you live repairs are usually done by level 1 service centres. They are in every city in Canada. Don't worry the camera is a replaceable part.

Sent from my SGH-I957R using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellphonejunky View Post
    That's called a in-warranty repair.
    Yes the will repair the camera and replace that part.
    Depending on where you live repairs are usually done by level 1 service centres. They are in every city in Canada. Don't worry the camera is a replaceable part.

Sent from my SGH-I957R using HowardForums
    It is still going to take 10 days. To the store, shipped to the repair place which could be the next block over, sits and waits for it's turn, gets fixed, gets tested, gets shipped back.

All this for what could be some type of oily stuff on the camera lens which would make the pictures blurry.

Feedback Score
    You can send it in for repairs if you want to. Based on your story, the store never denied you the ability to send the phone for repair. They're behaviour was certainly unprofessional as they were clearly trying to discourage you from sending the phone for repair because they are lazy, but they did not turn you away. If you prefer not to deal with having your phone gone for 10 business days you can call tech support and use the advanced exchange program where they will send you a replacement phone along with a prepaid waybill to send the defective phone back to them. You'll get the phone within 1-3 business days, but they charge $35 for that convenience.

Device(s)
    Pinky Bob
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    The reason why I feel like my world is ending is because I never get any good customer support with Rogers ( my service is still screwed up from some intereference issues which they are still "tracking down" after 2 months) even though I am paying for my service. And now all this crap. And then Samsung is telling me my phone is probably hacked... that scared the ***** out of me.

Oops, my question is what would you do in this situation? I feel like im caught in a rut. I just got this phone only a month or 2 ago. MY screen flickers, even on the third galaxy s3, and now the camera went to crap, and the phone does over heat. One time I was on a video call and my phone was going to die so I plugged it in, but it kept telling me unplug from charger because it is over heating.

Btw I tried cleaning the camera to the best of my ability, even then, my camera on my other phones have never been this messed up, especially when I do clean them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Enze View Post
    Oops, my question is what would you do in this situation? I feel like im caught in a rut. I just got this phone only a month or 2 ago. MY screen flickers, even on the third galaxy s3, and now the camera went to crap, and the phone does over heat. One time I was on a video call and my phone was going to die so I plugged it in, but it kept telling me unplug from charger because it is over heating.

Btw I tried cleaning the camera to the best of my ability, even then, my camera on my other phones have never been this messed up, especially when I do clean them.
    Send it in for repairs, ride out the contract then switch to another provider and buy phones from a different manufacturer in the future.

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by B407 View Post
    Send it in for repairs, ride out the contract then switch to another provider and buy phones from a different manufacturer in the future.
    Sounds like a solution that would definitely address every need of the OP.

Device(s)
    Pinky Bob
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Ok... I'm gonna go back to the store. Demand to talk to the manager. Explain very clearly that the phone keeps taking blurry pictures and that it should be fixed since I just got it, and the main selling feature of the phone is the camera. I'll have my proof of purchase, and note the 1 year warranty. Blablabla, and I'll even write down all this information for them. I won't leave until they do so, because I am the customer who is paying in the first place!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast