Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best place for iPhone 5 Unlocking?

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Best place for iPhone 5 Unlocking?

They are all sketching places don't get me wrong but I want to know two things.

A) Who is the least sketchiest. If I have to replace my phone with Apple for warranty work, they replace it with ANOTHER unlocked phone.

B) Cheapest place? I hate how Americans have it for 5$ and we have it for 130$!! 80$ would be reasonable but 130$ it's almost cheaper to sell current phone and getting unlocked on kijiji.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TilhasBB View Post

A) Who is the least sketchiest. If I have to replace my phone with Apple for warranty work, they replace it with ANOTHER unlocked phone.

B) Cheapest place? I hate how Americans have it for 5$ and we have it for 130$!! 80$ would be reasonable but 130$ it's almost cheaper to sell current phone and getting unlocked on kijiji.
    Right now, if they are claiming to do Rogers iPhone 5 IMEI unlocks, they are more than sketchy. There currently is no 3rd party access to unlock them.

The US is cheaper because AT&T unlocks them for free after 2 years. Rogers charges $50 and makes you wait 3 years.
    Unlocked iPhone XS Max 256GB, Unlocked JetBlack 128GB iPhone 7Plus, Unlocked 64GB iPhone 6, unlocked 32GB iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked 16GB iPhone 4
    $60/10GB Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes, Unlimited international messaging (SMS/MMS) CD, VM

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ceredon View Post
    Right now, if they are claiming to do Rogers iPhone 5 IMEI unlocks, they are more than sketchy. There currently is no 3rd party access to unlock them.

The US is cheaper because AT&T unlocks them for free after 2 years. Rogers charges $50 and makes you wait 3 years.
    I've had to use these sketchy places for my buddy that had to go to Italy for work and it was unlocked via iTunes BUT if he has to exchange it at Apple store if something happens will it be an unlocked phone or Rogers Locked?

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I've had to use these sketchy places for my buddy that had to go to Italy for work and it was unlocked via iTunes BUT if he has to exchange it at Apple store if something happens will it be an unlocked phone or Rogers Locked?
    If he gets the IMEI into Apple's whitelist, then the unlock carries over if he exchanges it through Apple.

The 3rd parties can do other Rogers iPhones and used to be able to do the 5. The 5 is not available for unlock through them anymore.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    So if iTunes unlocks it. I'm safe? Or would Apple eventually reput me on the Rogers list if they found out it wasn't done "honestly"

Device(s)
    Blackberry Torch
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

So if iTunes unlocks it. I'm safe? Or would Apple eventually reput me on the Rogers list if they found out it wasn't done "honestly"
    I would think that would always be a risk, but I haven't heard of it happening so far. I managed to get my 5 unlocked before it got shutdown, and I'm hoping it stays that way.

My New Rogers Plan
    - $35 Unlimited Local Calling Plan
    - $30 6GB Data
    - $10 Retention Value Pack - Free (2500 texts, CID, VM)
    - 100 mins LD - Free
    - $67 + tax

Bite me Telus.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

a) replacement will be locked to initail provider, this is even true through legit unlocks via provider.

b) its who you know or contacted( it is actually in a sence a disgruntal employee seeking extra $$$$, contacst a few unlocking companies they double amount to make prophit, etc.. ), or just public ads....price depends ebay ranges from 100-200, kijiji ranges from 90-300. US has cheap as even if contract, providers unlock, telus does after 90 days i beelive.

Its not 3rd party to say, its internal employees selling access to database inputs via different sources. I got 2 subsidized ip5's unlocked each for $75 this week, must had been the a source as done within 2 hours and no middle man. I AM NOT SHARING SOURCE as I could resell unlocking..SORRY!

Rogers just cares if subsidy paid off which can be done earlier than 3 year term fullfillment.

and i thought at&t is now 30 days only or was it 90 days.....to unlock

Will be locked to rogers, as imei is registered via them on inital phone, even if unlocked by them, replacement will be locked.
    If he gets the IMEI into Apple's whitelist, then the unlock carries over if he exchanges it through Apple.

The 3rd parties can do other Rogers iPhones and used to be able to do the 5. The 5 is not available for unlock through them anymore.
    Incorrect, if you buy a Rogers phone and get unlocked, if you need phone replaced apple gives you a locked imei to rogers and takes alot of BALLS, and negotiations to get ROGERS to unlock replacement for free......I have done this on 4s. Its even in there unlock agreement, replacements are subject to fee.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGuyz View Post
    a) replacement will be locked to initail provider, this is even true through legit unlocks via provider.

b) its who you know or contacted( it is actually in a sence a disgruntal employee seeking extra $$$$, contacst a few unlocking companies they double amount to make prophit, etc.. ), or just public ads....price depends ebay ranges from 100-200, kijiji ranges from 90-300. US has cheap as even if contract, providers unlock, telus does after 90 days i beelive.

Its not 3rd party to say, its internal employees selling access to database inputs via different sources. I got 2 subsidized ip5's unlocked each for $75 this week, must had been the a source as done within 2 hours and no middle man. I AM NOT SHARING SOURCE as I could resell unlocking..SORRY!

Rogers just cares if subsidy paid off which can be done earlier than 3 year term fullfillment.

and i thought at&t is now 30 days only or was it 90 days.....to unlock
    Good to hear they are available again.

Will be locked to rogers, as imei is registered via them on inital phone, even if unlocked by them, replacement will be locked.

Incorrect, if you buy a Rogers phone and get unlocked, if you need phone replaced apple gives you a locked imei to rogers and takes alot of BALLS, and negotiations to get ROGERS to unlock replacement for free......I have done this on 4s. Its even in there unlock agreement, replacements are subject to fee.
    I've had a number of iPhones unlocked and had 2 of those exchanged (both iPhone 4). Both resulted in unlocked units. I confirmed with the Apple staff that replacements would be unlocked. You got screwed if they gave you locked units.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    You sure?
    If these guys add your IMEI to Apple's white list, every refurb phone will be unlocked.
    Inbox me the 75$ Source please

Cheapest I found was 115$

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I've had a number of iPhones unlocked and had 2 of those exchanged (both iPhone 4). Both resulted in unlocked units. I confirmed with the Apple staff that replacements would be unlocked. You got screwed if they gave you locked units.
    That's been my experience also. Bought unlocked iPhone 5 (from apple) and it was just replaced (due to light bleed issue) and the replacement was unlocked - confirmed by AppleCare staff using the serial number.

Device(s)
    iPhone IVS | 9900 B0ldTouchDizzle
    Carrier(s)
    The one who pays me to use their service
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    .... I AM NOT SHARING SOURCE as I could resell unlocking..SORRY!...
    NOT EVEN for meeeeeeee?
    300 @ 5pm●5K SMS●Auto Roadside●Unlim Inc●1000LD●R2RLD●VP●6Gb LTDizzle+credits = <$36
    34+|0|0 119+|0|0

Factory Unlocked 5White32gb, GNote2x2, 9900 LNIB Retired, GS3 for Mobi
    i7 920 @ 2.67GHz 9Gb DDR3
    My Wireless LD FAQ., READ IT!!!
    The Jawbone I, photo-review
    Maybe it's time to update this....nahhhhh

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Good to hear they are available again.

The unlocked devices where 4s's, and Apple genuis said he had to give same provider as IMEI was registered for, even after telling him to check unlock status, he said they could had been unlocked illegally even though I had invoice from Rogers showing unlock fee....this is before 3rd party unlocks wher advertised as they are now.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ATC7 View Post
    That's been my experience also. Bought unlocked iPhone 5 (from apple) and it was just replaced (due to light bleed issue) and the replacement was unlocked - confirmed by AppleCare staff using the serial number.
    Bought unlocked is different from provider unlock or via other methods.

Device(s)
    iPhone IVS | 9900 B0ldTouchDizzle
    Carrier(s)
    The one who pays me to use their service
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Tried to get my i5 unlocked

After searching for the IMEI (no clue where it was bought from), Rep says 'it's not a Rogers phone, check it-it may be unlocked'. I'm like WTF.

So of course I went to a non Rogers provider and tested with their sim. Booted through, it restarted, The rep connected to itunes. Once it came up, it said *surprise, surprise* "invalid sim"., so I take it it's locked then?

So.....how do I get this unlocked then?

Is there a possibility Rogers can't find all their devices??? Is there a point in going to the Apple store and explaining the situation, and them giving me a replacement? I don't care if it's factory unlocked, or just a replacement, that I could activate on my other provider?

I LOVE how the rep I was speaking to (The Rogers one, not the one at the NON-Rogers store) was adamant, that the Apple store 'ONLY' sold factory unlocked units. My question was, if you buy a locked unit from them, and activate on Rogers, Would Rogers be able to pull up those IMEI's just the same as hupping/ or activating directly from Rogers? I'm thinking perhaps this is the case for this unit? Who knows?

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

I had mines unlocked through third party... Told me to open iTunes and slide in an invalid sim and I should see a 'congratulations' message on iTunes. I didn't received that, but my phone is unlocked. Now I'm worried that my phone is not unlocked the proper way and it may not be showed up on apples white list. How can I check if it on the white list?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast