Thread: Samsung Galaxy note 2

Device(s)
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score

Samsung Galaxy note 2

Anyone have the Galaxy Note 2 on this forum? i'm wondering whats the average Usage out of the battery during the day for example using Facebook and texting lightly during the day?

Device(s)
    S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have it on Verizon, and compared to the HTC DNA and GS3 that I had before, the battery life with the Note 2 is amazing. I get through the entire day on medium use with around 60-70% batter left at the end of the day, which is a good 14-16 hours. On heavy use I can still make it through the entire day. With the DNA and GS3, I found I had to charge it periodically for it not to die on me before I went to bed. I hate having the battery <30%, you never know what might happen where you can't charge your phone for a while.

Device(s)
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Wow that's awesome thats exactly what i need currently with my galaxy s2 it last 7 hours and gotta charge by the time i get home from work ;/

Device(s)
    S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by David19 View Post
    Wow that's awesome thats exactly what i need currently with my galaxy s2 it last 7 hours and gotta charge by the time i get home from work ;/
    Yeah, that sucks. If I really needed to I could get the other phones through a day, but by the time I went to bed I was in the single digits. For all I know though on the way home from work I could get stranded, last thing I need is for my phone to only have 5% battery left.

It's also removable, so you could keep a spare battery in your car or at home if you wanted to.

Feedback Score
    No problem getting 5 hours of screen on time. 18 hour day is not an issue for me. Granted that's on the international version, so I am not using LTE.

Device(s)
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Thats awesome, whats the difference between the international version and the factory unlocked version the following link is where i'm gonna buy mine in a few months should it work with Straight talk?

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy...+galaxy+note+2

Feedback Score
    not sure but I'm guessing the main difference between the international Note 2 is no support for LTE in the USA.

I picked up a Note 2 for CHEAP off CL last november. It's an AT&T version but I unlocked it, rooted it, and installed CleanRom to eliminate the bloatware. I'm with Straight Talk (love em!). Everything works nicely! Data speeds up to HSPA+.

I was a long time user of iPhones but wasn't too impressed with the iPhone 5. Being on prepaid I have to buy a smartphone outright. I didn't think $600+ for the iPhone 5 justified a lighter design and 4" screen. I knew LTE wouldn't be supported.

The Note 2 is AMAZING. Battery life lasts throughout the day easily. The first 2 weeks I typically unplug from charger 730a and replug before bed around 1a and my battery percentage is just below 40%! My brother has a S3 and he complains about needing to charge twice day! LoL.
    I did just get a dock charger to keep the phone charged while I sit at my desk to work. As mentioned above, I want to be able to use the phone in case of emergencies!

The Jellybean OS is smooth. Love the widgets and customizing the look. This is one thing iOS LACKS unless you jailbreak the phone. The S Pen is a nice feature as well. It's nice to write in quick notes instead of typing them in. Straight Talk works like it should. Depending on the area I can get HSPA+ speeds. And the Note 2 allows me to tether up to 10 devices (when needed!).

I was really debating between getting the iPhone 5 or Note 2. And was thinking I would probably get one much later. But this seller on CL had the Note 2 listed at an unbelievable price I had to jump on the deal. We even met at an AT&T store to make sure things were legit, LoL!

Note 2 is simply an amazing smartphone by Samsung. So amazing that it got me away from iPhone! Hahaaa.

Feedback Score
    If your going to pay that price, may as well pay full price for the Tmobile one. That way its good on both networks and there is a good chance of activating LTE on it, down side is no wireless charging without a solder iron. The international will never have the 1700 band or LTE.

Device(s)
    Nokia e71
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gedster314 View Post
    If your going to pay that price, may as well pay full price for the Tmobile one. That way its good on both networks and there is a good chance of activating LTE on it, down side is no wireless charging without a solder iron. The international will never have the 1700 band or LTE.
    May I ask why the T-mobile version over the AT&T or International? I'm thinking about getting the Note 2 to use with Straight Talk, too. LTE doesn't matter much (other than possibly later resale value) as it would go unused. I'm not sure whether I'd be using Straight Talk's AT&T sim or T-Mobile sim, so it would be nice to be able to swap between them if either phone allowed it. Does any Note 2 version support HSPA on both AT&T and T-Mobile?

I'm not sure what conclusion to draw, but I took this chart from Wikipedia and edited out the extra models:
    (PS: I think AWS basically means 1700?)
    Name:  Galaxy Note 2 variants.png
Views: 1186
Size:  29.7 KB

Device(s)
    Cricket E5 Supra, Stylo 4, metro Moto e5
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Haven't read every thread, but battery life for note 2, is like very other smartphone. If everything is running,, ie streaming, gps, wifi, it ain't gonna last all day. This is easily demonstrated with apps such as power tutor, battery widget, etc, which reflect the power drain, which can run over 2000mA.

With fewer apps running, the battery would probably last for days. But that ain't how I use my note 2, so I keep it plugged in when I can, and have a spare battery. I might add, it well outlasts the s3 under same power drains. Like all of these, these large screens are the main power drag.