Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 13 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 LastLast

Thread: Motorola General Discussion Thread

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    That is a Samung only thing.

Feedback Score
    Some code names for future stuff. Titan sounds like a ph able to code name to me.......finally might get something that takes me away from Samsung. Hopefully they do a standard stylus also and not some new nonsense.

http://www.droid-life.com/2014/06/05...e/#more-142272

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    With Motorola changing hands again I wonder if they will add the microSD card slot back in.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by enine View Post
    With Motorola changing hands again I wonder if they will add the microSD card slot back in.
    It would be nice if Lenovo was smart enough to give the people what they want - microSD cards. That said does Android still even support microSD app installation?

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yes, its just mounted differently and now not exposed as USB Storage. The part that Google and others miss is that for some of us its still necessary as we can't access the "cloud" everywhere.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Hearing no news about the Moto X+1 or new Droids and getting impatient I almost pulled the trigger on upgrading to a LG G3 - I was literally one click away from committing and then I decided to wait.

Anyway I have been checking for news on the Moto X+1 and Droids and found that TK Tech News has a lot of it. I will run down what I have seen so far. Keep in mind the the X+1 will be close the Droids as last year's Moto X and Droids were identical aside from materials screen size and a few Verizon specific features.

-has a dual camera, likely one for the actual picture and the other for focusing or detecting distance

-the higher end Droids will have kevlar

-all of them will not have a flash in favor of some kind of 'low light technology'

-all have Snapdragon 800 SOCs

-all will have 5.0 or 5.1 inch AMOLED displays

-all will have Moto's tried and true features like Active Notifications and Touchless Controls

-there will be the theme store for customization

-soft keys will be customizable

-there will be an option to hide soft keys to avert burn in issues

-VZW will get the X+1 in addition to getting the Droids before anyone else

-there are talks that the new Droid models may be seen on other carriers differently named

-they say that Motorola may be getting ready to announce the Droids and the X+1 on August 1st, Verizon internal management training docs show training this week (as of 7/24/14) for unnamed Droid devices

-has a slot for removable storage, up to 128 GB
    Last edited by akhi216; 07-25-2014 at 08:32 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by akhi216 View Post
    ...I almost pulled the trigger on upgrading to a LG G3
    FWIW, I got tired/gave up on waiting for a Droid 5 so I replaced my D4 with a G3. Love it!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BitMaestro View Post
    FWIW, I got tired/gave up on waiting for a Droid 5 so I replaced my D4 with a G3. Love it!
    The Droid 5 is what interests me most. I have my fingers crossed Moto has 3 or 4 different devices in the works on the higher end. X+1, Droid Maxx2, and Droid 5. My guess is the Droid 5 and maybe a Droid Mini2 would be the mostly likely to get sold next to the X+1 in some form outside of VZW. I think there is a big hole in the market with now QWERTY phones and a lot of people willing to go back to them if they are 5"+ screen high end devices.

I would actually like one with 5.5-6" screen. But would settle for 5" just to get rid of the whole 1/3 to most of my screen being lost to a stupid onscreen keyboard and me losing any ability to interact on a webpage as I do forms or other similar things where typing and interacting get very cumbersome due to onscreen keyboard getting in the way of things. It's the biggest remaining annoyance I have since I left my OG Droid. That and in general I can't stand the whole restricted level of info per screen of the post iPhone world where screen resolutions are the same as desktops anyhow. It would be nice and appreciated if I was legally blind or just one UI mode, but I'm not. If you had a more slide out qwerty with some pointing device option you could switch to some productivity mode where things are too small for touchscreen and get as much done almost as fast as any desktop or laptop with keyboard and mouse sorta inputs just done on a small screen of like 6".
    Last edited by jasaero; 07-25-2014 at 09:07 AM.

Feedback Score

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jasaero View Post
    I speculate that the device shown there was more of a prototype for the X+1 and Droids as the majority of other leaks suggest that they have a microSD card slot.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by akhi216 View Post
    I speculate that the device shown there was more of a prototype for the X+1 and Droids as the majority of other leaks suggest that they have a microSD card slot.
    I agree as it seems to have some funny looking stuff going on also. Even the bezel seems a bit larger than I would suspect the X+1 will have. Looks more like a Moto G or E bezel which are larger to help reduce build costs. Could even be a larger value device with customization options like the X+1 and sorta slotted between it and the Next G or maybe the next G itself is a big upgrade.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I agree as it seems to have some funny looking stuff going on also. Even the bezel seems a bit larger than I would suspect the X+1 will have. Looks more like a Moto G or E bezel which are larger to help reduce build costs. Could even be a larger value device with customization options like the X+1 and sorta slotted between it and the Next G or maybe the next G itself is a big upgrade.
    Yeah that is either a G+1 or whatever they will call it or a prototype. Definitely not a Droid and I would think that the X+1 would be more refined than that.

Feedback Score
    This seems as interesting as the X+1 if true. The first Moto Nexus?? And the first Moto Phablet. Now that could get peoples interest I am thinking.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/07...a-5-9-display/

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    This seems as interesting as the X+1 if true. The first Moto Nexus?? And the first Moto Phablet. Now that could get peoples interest I am thinking.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/07...a-5-9-display/
    It would be nice for me because I was on the fence between waiting on the Galaxy Note 4 and the Moto X+1, with the Moto Nexus phablet I could get evetything that I'm looking for. Taylor Wimberly on Google+ said that Motorola would be making the next Nexus months ago (he has apparently deleted the post) and given his connections it is safe to say that the next Nexus will in fact be a Motorola one - the only thing in question are the specs.

Part of Google's terms for acquiring Motorola was that they could not show favoritism to Motorola hence the Moto Nexus may not be released until the Lenovo Motorola acquisition is finalized. That said a Moto Nexus would be quite a nice parting gift for them.

I read elsewhere that it is supposed to be coming to all major US carriers - that makes me wonder not if Verizon will neuter it but how bad they will neuter it. Since they are waking up to the fact that not everyone wants/needs their bloatware perhaps it wouldn't be another Galaxy Nexus fiasco.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I unsubscribed from Motorolas e-mail updates, since they seem to think I don't need removable storage they are no longer on my buy list. I was hoping the unsubscribe would have asked why but it didn't so I need to find a contact address to let them know why.

Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 13 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 LastLast