Thread: Sprint SERO run around

Feedback Score

Sprint SERO run around

I signed up for a SERO plan back in 2007 and uses the Russ's etc name and 3 digit code.
    My plan was and still is $30pm for 500 minutes + unlimited text + data.
    I am using an HTC TP2.

Today I called up to upgrade to a Samsung Galaxy Note II and was prepared to pay the $10 pm Premium + $10pm Data for the $50 pm relationship.

Hasn't happened after about 6 levels of people at Emplyoyee Accts (866-264-1282) and Telesales.

It seems that while the physical attributes of my exisiting plan are exactly "SERO" my acct hasn't been labelled as a "SERO plan" in their database. Hmmmm Odd...to say the least.

I discussed the facts of how I signed up re the internet drive to increase sales back in 2007 and use Russ's name/email address and 3 digit code etc.

I am NOW told SERO were NEVER offered to ANYONE outside of employees and family. I point out that Sprint is effectively calling me a "liar" and ask how could it be that I have had those exact physical terms 500 mins text+data w/o as a SERO acct??? But everyone I speak with (including many levels of Supervisors) keeps telling me SERO plans were NEVER offered the way I signed up. Highest level of Supervisor says he never even heard of Russ.... Are you kidding me??? Of course as luck would have it I recently threw out hard copies of my signup. Sigh....

They also tell me as as my acct isn't called a SERO on my statement I had only 60 original days to dispute this. I point out that IMHO Sprint has been performing to the exact terms of said plan (SERO) so I why would I have bothered to call them up to complain?

I am now awaiting the last Supervisor to consult with "senior management" and return to me with anything they can suggest as a means fwd. I have refused the offered $10 discounts...to reduce the usial $80pm plans.

I find it amazing that even longer term Sprint Supervisors are telling me I never signed up and their not even knowing who Russ was/is???

Any suggestions for going fwd would be appreciated. Note that Employee Accts won't talk with me because my acct is not marked as either SERO or any other employee related acct. I am even told there is no such things as the path to upgrade for the 2x $10pm stuff to $50pm.

Wow I am losing fath in this company fast.... It's not so much the savings, it's the fact that all levels are denying that I ever singed up and had the relationship I have, despite their not being able to explain why I have these same current terms.
    By the way my history is very low usage of phone minutes/text/data.

Just amazed the way Sprint are denying so much about their sign ups over the years evn though they agree my terms mirror SERO and their not recalling Russ.....

Carrier(s)
    AT&T (08-09)(09-10)(10-16), T-Mobile (16-)
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I, too, had this issue in the past when I had an account and they are not totally lying. Many of the original accounts were not properly coded as a SERO account and were coded as a consumer SERO rather than an employee SERO which is what these reps are probably seeing. I can try to find a specific SERO number that I used to call that went directly to employee services and maybe that may be of better luck for you. If I do not respond tonight, shoot me a PM so that I can remember, lol.
    Tech Lover
    T-Mobile Simple Choice 2 for $100 w/ 14GB MHS
    iPhone X - Silver - 256GB | iPad Pro 10.7 - Rose Gold - 64GB | Apple Watch - Space Black - LTE S3

HowardForums Feedback Thread

Feedback Score
    Ok masses of conversations later.
    A senior supervisor returned to me today and said that after "mamagement' review Sprint was "reinstating" the SERO code on my account. I guess I was animated enough and/or gave enough info that they decided I was truthfully describing my account and it had been incorrectly labelled in their system. Something I was not aware of.
    So now I have agreed to pay the two extra $10.00 pm to a total of $50.00pm and have a galaxy Note II on it's way to me

Device(s)
    iPhones, Samsung, Motorola.
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

FYI- If this ever comes up again- sort of for the record

I've had two sero lines for years. When I signed up, there was at least an 8 month period where SERO was available to the general public but you had to know to go via web to sprint.com/sero. Right on the page would be an advert indicating that Sprint wanted to pass on employee savings to normal customers. The email address to use (posted on the website) was "[email protected]"

You could login and see all employee (SERO) plans. This went on for no less than 8 months, and infact was taken away for a few months, then put back again.

During that time, I got multiple family members on SERO, and they've didn't have problems upgrading to SERO premium etc.

-Dan

PS: I met a Sprint employee early on in a forum who permitted me to use his Sprint email address before the public offering. So I also have one SERO line currently (and used to have two). I ported mine back to Verizon when they reduced my selection of smartphones and before the option for SERO premium existed.
    ---
    http://pages.uoregon.edu/dalbrich
    Eugene, OR -- Pacific Northwest

Feedback Score
    My suggestion: Switch to Verizon and bail on Sprint. Sell your SERO plan.

Feedback Score
    OP...glad to see that your issue was resolved and you were able to get your SERO plan back. SERO is still the best wireless plan out there for smartphones with phone subsidy. The rest of the $50 deals require paying full retail or BYOD.

Device(s)
    HTC One M8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I went through a similar thing a couple years back... From what I understand is there were 2 versions of SERO--one before Russ gave out his info and effectively made it "public", and the newer one that came out around the time he made it public.

This became an issue when I went to upgrade to SERO Premium. Apparently the very first version of $30 SERO (which I got through a HoFo'er back when there was a limit of 5 referrals per employee on a different line, then talked them into duplicating it on my main line since I was an existing customer) was coded as a discounted F&C plan in P2K, and kept that designation when they moved to Ensemble. The later version got the correct SERO designation.

It took an escalation, but it got cleared up (that's how it was explained to me) for both lines... Added benefit is I now also get shot right to Employee Care when I call in and have never had a hassle since. I used to go to Business Care and always had to explain my plan, and that no, it didn't need to change.

Those with the later version have never had this problem... I have a number of friends who got the second version that I told them about when it went public and one who got in early with me. They've all been able to get their Premium no problems, except my friend who got in early--who went through the same thing to get it coded correctly.

I'm not sure if they are still making it easy, or moving the old version to the new one with an escalation, but it seems like the right explanation to me.

N

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    i also went threw the same bs and found out the real answer...the SERO account must be set up as a employee line!..the account can also be open as a customer account (in which most reps do it this way) but u wont able to upgrade to SERO-P or upgrade ur phone and have no help from the reps..