Thread: Any low end promo plans coming to match Virgin & Koodo?

Carrier(s)
    Virgin
    Feedback Score

Any low end promo plans coming to match Virgin & Koodo?

Both Virgin & Koodo have $30.00 plans that include 150 day min. + ev. & wkends Canada wide with text, CD VM and 200MB of data. A few months ago Fido came close to matching similar plans.

Anybody know if anything similar is coming to fido?

I have a very large Fido prepaid credit ($600+) that I want to use up by switching to postpaid but don't want to do it on their current uncompetitive plans. Any other ideas on how to use up the credit would also be appreciated.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by rchl View Post
    Both Virgin & Koodo have $30.00 plans that include 150 day min. + ev. & wkends Canada wide with text, CD VM and 200MB of data. A few months ago Fido came close to matching similar plans.

Anybody know if anything similar is coming to fido?
    Fido doing mad sales with the $57.00 Smart Plans & the Max Plans (iPhone 5)... So for now better look here:

http://www.fido.ca/plans

The $6.00 Mini Value-Pack & the newest $12.00 Value-Pack give a wide range of options for those who activate the Fido Standard Plans...

I have a very large Fido prepaid credit ($600+) that I want to use up by switching to postpaid but don't want to do it on their current uncompetitive plans. Any other ideas on how to use up the credit would also be appreciated.
    If I can ask, how did you manage to cumulate so much money?
    Disclaimer: All my posts, replies, comments and/or opinions expressed on www.howardforums.com are my own contribution only. The views expressed on this page do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of Fido, its management or employees.
    Fritz Z24...

Carrier(s)
    Virgin
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz Z24 View Post
    Fido doing mad sales with the $57.00 Smart Plans & the Max Plans (iPhone 5)... So for now better look here:

http://www.fido.ca/plans

The $6.00 Mini Value-Pack & the newest $12.00 Value-Pack give a wide range of options for those who activate the Fido Standard Plans...

If I can ask, how did you manage to cumulate so much money?
    Thanks Fritz, don't see the $6.00 mini value pack on the website does it include VM and CD?

With regard to the big credit I've been on Fido prepaid almost from the beginning and a few years ago got another number for business and just kept adding money to the prepaid account just to maintain it knowing that one day I would convert it to post paid and switch back, over time it adds up.

Feedback Score

Thanks Fritz, don't see the $6.00 mini value pack on the website does it include VM and CD?
    You welcome, details on www.fido.ca

With regard to the big credit I've been on Fido prepaid almost from the beginning and a few years ago got another number for business and just kept adding money to the prepaid account just to maintain it knowing that one day I would convert it to post paid and switch back, over time it adds up.
    Simply to let you know, if ever you migrate to a Postpaid service, your prepaid balance will be convert to a bill credit. If ever you migrate back to prepaid or even deactivate the service, the credit won't be send back as refund by check...

Not sure if you would like to use more Fido Service, I suggest one of the Prepaid Monthly Service.

Hope this can help.

Feedback Score
    I don't see a $6 mini-value pack on fido.ca anywhere. Can you provide the exact link?

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Don't think the $6 minivoicemail-call display bundle is on the website. It's a competitive match offer if you specifically quote prices from another carrier. You will have to ask for it specifically over the phone with a rep because it's not an advertised value pack.

Feedback Score
    Oh, I asked because FritzZ24 provided the fido.ca link in answer to the same question posed above (and he usually knows what he is talking about).

What exactly is included in it? ie # of messages, length, stored for, and is it call name and # display or ?

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eonibm View Post
    Oh, I asked because FritzZ24 provided the fido.ca link in answer to the same question posed above (and he usually knows what he is talking about).

What exactly is included in it? ie # of messages, length, stored for, and is it call name and # display or ?
    From what I remember in IQ it's listed as competitive match value pack and therefore not on the website. I could be mistaken though but I'll check Monday just in case. Mini voicemail is 3 messages and it includes just call display (so you only see the number, no name).

Carrier(s)
    Virgin
    Feedback Score
    Actually I finally found it's not in the bundles section but in the Add-ons manage your calls. It includes CD and VM mini 3 messages held for 3 days, there are other options there.

Even with this Fido is still not competitive with the $30.00 Virgin\Koodo plans on the OP.

http://www.fido.ca/web/content/manageyourcalls

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Actually I finally found it's not in the bundles section but in the Add-ons manage your calls. It includes CD and VM mini 3 messages held for 3 days, there are other options there.

Even with this Fido is still not competitive with the $30.00 Virgin\Koodo plans on the OP.

http://www.fido.ca/web/content/manageyourcalls
    Thanks ! That was going to bother me all weekend lol.

Feedback Score

The focus is on the $57.00 Smart Plan right now... Along with the Max Plans for the iPhone subscribers...

Even with this Fido is still not competitive with the $30.00 Virgin\Koodo plans on the OP...