Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stay away from Verizon Stores

Feedback Score

Stay away from Verizon Stores

My local Verizon store has a booster in the store to make it look like the 4G service is great. If you park a car that has keyless entry and start close to the store, the booster will interfere with the fob and your car will not start. You have to push your car away from the building to get it to start. The employees act like they know nothing about it. More deception by the BS company!!!!!

Device(s)
    iPhone 5, iPad 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by jackconst View Post
    My local Verizon store has a booster in the store to make it look like the 4G service is great. If you park a car that has keyless entry and start close to the store, the booster will interfere with the fob and your car will not start. You have to push your car away from the building to get it to start. The employees act like they know nothing about it. More deception by the BS company!!!!!
    Or maybe your battery in the fob is getting weak.

Sheesh!

Device(s)
    Motorola Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    They act like they know nothing about it because they probably don't. They are sales people, nothing more. And every carrier puts repeaters in their stores. Nothing new.

Device(s)
    Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score

Name:  36737d1334000666-lets-hear-some-great-thoughts-about-9-11-01-events-1333156269715.jpg
Views: 797
Size:  32.4 KB

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Mega, OP6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by jackconst View Post
    You better get the aluminum foil hats out. The booster is really a mind control device!

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Mega, OP6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by ilvla2 View Post
    What is a FOB?
    The little remote to lock/unlock a car.

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    What is a FOB?
    Woow, you are a geek, and don't know what a FOB is! I'll give you a hint. When it's freezing or boiling outside in a parking lot you will hear Beep! Being old as hell, I use mine to find my car.
    Today a group of leading venture capitalists published an open letter to the FCC calling on them to prevent what they say would be the end of net neutrality and a crippling blow to young startups.
    No Google, say it ain't (or wouldn't of been ) so! ATT and Verizon would have killed their own cash cow.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CA View Post
    Woow, you are a geek, and don't know what a FOB is! I'll give you a hint. When it's freezing or boiling outside in a parking lot you will hear Beep! Being old as hell, I use mine to find my car.
    Lol Oh, a car alarm remote, I've never heard it called an FOB I call it a remote

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Lol Oh, a car alarm remote, I've never heard it called an FOB I call it a remote
    Remotes are for couch potatoes!

Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    I think the OP is talking about a Transponder key. It is possible that the OP's vehicle has a defect that allows other frequencies to interfere with its operation. I would take it to the dealer for that possibility. Most transponder keys work in the 300-400 mhz range.
    iPhone Xs Max , At&t Unlimited Plus Austin, TX .................... Grande 1000/50, $69.99/month

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Our cars all use the ole fashioned way of starting your car, you know, a key

Feedback Score
    My car is a Corvette. It has never done it around any other store. I had my daughter bring me the second fob from my house and it did not work either. I went home and was going to have the car toed to the dealership today. I read on another forum where others have had the same problem. Went back and pushed the car about 50 feet away from the building and it started fine. Worked great when I got home and three times today so I don't think it was the battery. If Verizon is going to put something in there store to make you thing there signal is great that also screws up cars outside, someone needs to know how to turn it off!

Feedback Score
    Good to know that Verizon is anti-Corvette.....................if I can ever afford one.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    The lesson here is never drive a Corvette when you go near a Verizon store, drive your BMW instead.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast