Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Stay away from Verizon Stores

Device(s)
    Samsung U430 (fully functioinal bluetooth)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Re: Stay away from Verizon Stores

Quote Originally Posted by jackconst View Post
    I went home and was going to have the car toed to the dealership today.!
    No wheels?

Device(s)
    iPhone 5, iPad 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    My car is a Corvette. It has never done it around any other store. I had my daughter bring me the second fob from my house and it did not work either. I went home and was going to have the car toed to the dealership today. I read on another forum where others have had the same problem. Went back and pushed the car about 50 feet away from the building and it started fine. Worked great when I got home and three times today so I don't think it was the battery. If Verizon is going to put something in there store to make you thing there signal is great that also screws up cars outside, someone needs to know how to turn it off!
    Cell towers will put out the same frequencies as a booster, and have a lot more power. If you put another car in the same spot and it has a problem, then report the interference to the FCC. I suspect is shielding in our car, battery condition of fob, and the exact orientation you parked your car.

To claim this is malignant deception is just over the top.

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

I pictured it as one of those Chevron toy cars but with toes.

Feedback Score
    My car is a Corvette. It has never done it around any other store. I had my daughter bring me the second fob from my house and it did not work either. I went home and was going to have the car toed to the dealership today. I read on another forum where others have had the same problem. Went back and pushed the car about 50 feet away from the building and it started fine. Worked great when I got home and three times today so I don't think it was the battery. If Verizon is going to put something in there store to make you thing there signal is great that also screws up cars outside, someone needs to know how to turn it off!
    Wait, is there no way at all to start the car without a fob/remote? That would be almost beyond odd.

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Stay away from Verizon Stores

Sounds like more of a defect with the car.

Feedback Score
    It's part of the Everything Share plans, they're now sharing w/the toe companies.....

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by ilvla2 View Post
    What is a FOB?
    It's actually an old-fashioned pocket or strap for holding a pocket watch; then extended to an ornament; now extended to a remote.

http://i.word.com/idictionary/fob

Btw, you don't need a fobbed Corvette to stay away from some stores. My hometown store's snootiness is sufficient.

Device(s)
    Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    I'd like to see the other forum posts. I did a Google search and the only relevant thing I could find is this thread. Do you know for sure it's the "booster" that is causing this? From the basic research that I've just done it appears that the fobs operate at a frequency of 315 MHz which isn't anywhere near the frequencies that Verizon uses.

Assuming that what you say is true I still wouldn't expect VZW to "know" that it's an issue since it doesn't appear to be a widespread problem.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C DM View Post
    Wait, is there no way at all to start the car without a fob/remote? That would be almost beyond odd.
    That's the new thing to make things "easier" for the consumer. There's new technology that makes life easier, then there's new technology that is just wasteful and a pain in the *** when it breaks down.

The keyless remote is how the push button start cars work...you can keep the fob in your pocket and just push the button to start the car. I assume it uses something like RFID for authentication making the fob mandatory.

Feedback Score

Our cars all use the ole fashioned way of starting your car, you know, a key
    What's a key my new Kia uses my iPhone to start I am part of a pilot program with kia

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by htcgoogle View Post
    What's a key? My new Kia uses my iPhone to start, I am part of a pilot program with Kia.
    It's that shiny, metal thing that can't be hacked, and still works even when all power is gone All this stuff is cool and exciting, but I have to wonder sometimes if we aren't making our world less secure.

Feedback Score

It's that shiny, metal thing that can't be hacked, and still works even when all power is gone All this stuff is cool and exciting, but I have to wonder sometimes if we aren't making our world less secure.
    The more tech the better. We will now be able to bypass shopping checkout lines thanks to RFID tags and iPad like devices on our shopping carts as soon as you enter an item in the cart it appears on tithe screen and when you leave te front doors of the shop you are billed via your direct link to your bank account

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2