Thread: Chinese Knock-Offs... thoughts?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile (personal)
    Feedback Score

Question Chinese Knock-Offs... thoughts?

Came across a site selling Chinese android phones for dirt cheap.
    The look amazing similar to other name brand phones

Wondering if anyone ever purchased anything from a Chinese vendor,
    was it worth it, or was it pure junk and not even worth the low price anyway?
    David J. Rosso | Columbus, OH USA | Shop CentralOhioWireless.Com for the BEST online deals for prepaid service & refills!

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I would say that you get what you pay for. I wouldn't go into it thinking that you are going to find some amazing high quality phone. It is exactly what it is, a dirt cheap Chinese knock off. Will it work upon arrival? Maybe. Will it work in a week? Maybe. Will it last a year? Maybe.

I don't see myself ever wasting the money on it. I rely far too much on my devices to work properly to risk using a knock off. I am like that about everything that I use. I can understand the temptation because it is so cheap, but there is a reason that it is so cheap.
    Current Device: Apple iPhone 5S
    Space Grey - 32GB

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile (personal)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Fluid View Post
    I would say that you get what you pay for. I wouldn't go into it thinking that you are going to find some amazing high quality phone. It is exactly what it is, a dirt cheap Chinese knock off. Will it work upon arrival? Maybe. Will it work in a week? Maybe. Will it last a year? Maybe.

I don't see myself ever wasting the money on it. I rely far too much on my devices to work properly to risk using a knock off. I am like that about everything that I use. I can understand the temptation because it is so cheap, but there is a reason that it is so cheap.
    Yeah I don't disagree with anything you said. Just wondering if anyones bought any of these before.
    Definitely tempting with the prices, almost worth buying one "just to see" but maybe not now with the holidays looming, could use the money for better things I guess.

I owned a Chinese 150cc scooter once, while the quality was obviously not as good as a much higher priced Japanese model it ran okay with no problems, even survived an accident without any issues, so I dunno.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Considered the iPhones and many others are made in China, therefore, finding cheap copy isn't that surprise at all.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I don't know much about Chinese android phones... but many folks who have bought very cheap Chinese android tablets on Ebay have not been impressed with them. Many have been defective right out of the box.

I also believe most of the cheap Chinese phones are 2G and 3G only... no 4G support.

Then... if you have problems... the seller will demand the item be returned for replacement or refund. Mailing the phone back to China will easily cost half or more of what the phone is worth. You also won't have online tracking or proof of delivery unless you ship via UPS, Fedex, or DHL... and those options are extremely costly. Many Chinese sellers know this and use the ever famous "never received" excuse for not issuing refunds.
    Joplin T-Mobile