Thread: Need to stay with sprint or is it finally time to get a new service? Nextel

Carrier(s)
    nextel
    Feedback Score

Need to stay with sprint or is it finally time to get a new service? Nextel

Well there's enough nails in this Nextel coffin now that they're adding an additional $10 charge to the account that it's time to move on. But to where and how.

Here's my plan:
    talk (1200min) and text (300 sms) for approx $15 . I've had direct connect but never used it.

I've had this plan for at least 12 years when I was a circuit city employee and they were pushing the product. It's been a great plan as a 2nd phone and use it everyday

Any suggestions to go from here?

I'm planning on calling sprint to see what offers they have. I don't expect them to match the plan I have now, but I'm guessing they'll be higher than a no-contract.

Is there a specific number or department I need to speak with that will get me the best price? data and a smartphone would be nice, but not a necessity as it being a 2nd phone. I have Virginmobile as my primary cell phone?

Any suggestions or procedures you would recommend?

Carrier(s)
    nextel
    Feedback Score
    Well after the call to the number on the letter, they certainly didn't sell themselves to keep me as a customer. I knew I had to pay more for their service, but starting at $30 for 400 mins and nothing else.

Time to look at either Metro or Page Plus.

Device(s)
    HTC EVO LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I won't lie, I just laughed. Your line has no real financial incentive to retain, if anything be happy you've been able to keep something you should been removed from a long time ago.

Carrier(s)
    nextel
    Feedback Score
    I didn't expect them to keep me at the rate I had. It was awesome for the price. But after the call and actually, I quoted the wrong price of $30. It was $39 plus tax. Other companies (no contract) offering a lower price vs. their basic plan is disappointing that they can't be competitive on the monthly rate.

Oh well.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kzookid View Post
    I didn't expect them to keep me at the rate I had. It was awesome for the price. But after the call and actually, I quoted the wrong price of $30. It was $39 plus tax. Other companies (no contract) offering a lower price vs. their basic plan is disappointing that they can't be competitive on the monthly rate.

Oh well.
    Postpaid isn't meant to compete with prepaid, two different things.

Postpaid / Prepaid = Apples / Oranges.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    it's funny, but you essentially fibbed on yourself when you even called into CS and admitted you still have this plan. you're lucky they didn't shut your phone off. when you left circuit city, you were no longer eligible for this plan. but instead, you're complaining that they didn't offer you anything similar on CDMA. gotta love the irony.

i had a $20 nextel unlimited employee plan for years after i left radioshack. i knew that every month that passed could be my last. but luckily the ride lasted 7 years. it ended when i ported out the number this past summer. i simply wasn't using it anymore, so i pulled the plug on it when i heard sprint was decommissioning the iDen network in less than a year.

Device(s)
    Kyocera DuraXT-Primary
    Carrier(s)
    NEXTEL-DONE
    Feedback Score
    I would just say ride with the plan until they pull the plug.I really dont think that they will be shutting down in mid 2013,they are just saying that to scare people off iDEN.I think the real shutdown will be the end of 2013.As for the 10.00 surcharge, thats also a scare tactic.you can probably call CS to have it removed.as long *** you keep the plan current, they cant do anything.
    Leaving Brooklyn? FUGGEDDABOUDDIT!

Device(s)
    HTC One M8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Don't know if you still kept your plan, but even at 25 bucks (15+10) there is nothing else like it at all, except possibly Liberty Wireless for 20 a month with NO data (not even slow IDEN data)...

I agree... ride it out as far as you can. Who knows? In the last days of IDEN existence you may get a new CDMA phone in the mail that just needs to be activated if you'll just go online and swap it over.

Companies have "phases" when they do things like this... and they do all sorts of little things to push you where they need you to go (e.g. $10 fee). Once it gets down to the wire, then they do the final phases--which includes things like mailing phones out with notes that say along the lines of "we've only tried telling you about this 100 times--here's your new phone, call this number to activate it so your service isn't interrupted"

Even when Cingular bought out AT&T Blue they went through this since Blue sold TDMA phones along with their GSM for a number of years after the TDMA carriers had all chose their upgrade path and abandoned TDMA when they were supposed to... Hell there's still people on old Blue plans--AT&T threatens every year to get rid of them and always never seems to happen.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Re: Need to stay with sprint or is it finally time to get a new service? Nextel

Quote Originally Posted by NGeorge View Post
    Don't know if you still kept your plan, but even at 25 bucks (15+10) there is nothing else like it at all, except possibly Liberty Wireless for 20 a month with NO data (not even slow IDEN data)...
    LW isn't the right choice since that plan that you mentioned was already gone two days before you made this post. Reason being is that was only a promotional plan but did not explicitly mention this to their current customers unless if I were to ask.