Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ok, this has gotten pretty bad Telus.

Device(s)
    Iphones, Moto Androids
    Carrier(s)
    Telus-Voice
    Feedback Score

Ok, this has gotten pretty bad Telus.

Anyone out there have any advice? Here's the story, Telus has basically completely quit working in my town. I mean, you can't call anyone without the following problems:
    Call goes straight to voicemail (doesn't matter how/where they are, it won't ring on thier side)
    So you call back 3-4 times, finally starts ringing. They'll pick up. It maybe works normally for 5-20 seconds before the voice gets so garbled (strangely it's usually one side or the other, like either I can't hear them while they can hear me, or vice versa) that it's unusable. On the rare occasions it works for awhile, it inevitably will suddenly end with "call failed". The LONGEST call i've been able to make in the past 3 weeks would be about 15 minutes. The average is more like 1 minute but I usually give up on the garbled voices before that.

To cap all this fun stuff off, the data speeds are like this on average. Doesn't seem to matter if there's 1 bar or 5 bars of service, it's the same data rates: Name:  IMG_1032[1].PNG
Views: 1101
Size:  319.2 KB

Anyways, it saddens me but I am officially charging up the savior.. a motorola razr. CDMA seems to still work fine.

I've opened tickets (and so has everyone else in town) they're "investigating" mine, another they say they're adding more towers (which sounds strange to me) some say it's the nearby army base jamming frequencies.. it's a real hodgepodge with no known fix. Any ideas on how to proceed?

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    Write to the higher ups @ telus?

Device(s)
    IPhone X 256gb
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Bell
    Feedback Score
    not to be rude but how bout mentioning the town you're in

Device(s)
    iPhone 5c, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note 2, iPhone 4S, Nexus 4,
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Based off your previous posts, it sounds like there is lots of network congestion on your local tower. If you go outside does signal/speeds improve? If it's terrible outside too keep escalating the issue with Telus. They will eventually send someone out.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    when you write to telus, you will want to be specific and not exaggerate like you have done here.

making general statements like:
    "telus quit working in my town"
    "you can't call anyone"
    "never rings, goes straight to voicemail" but then contradict that "never" with on the 5th try they will pick up

is not convincing to your story.

hope this helps with filing your complaint.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9780
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Is this just happening to you or everyone in your town?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using HowardForums

Device(s)
    Essential PH-1 / Apple iPhone X
    Feedback Score
    I remember you'd posted about this at least once before, has it been consistently terrible ever since? Progressively worse?

Device(s)
    Essential PH-1 / Apple iPhone X
    Feedback Score
    I just had a thought on this - is there a large work camp vaguely nearby? Maybe their site repeaters are flooding the tower with too high a power level and 'shouting over' mere handhelds?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Recently tested many phone... Last week

Nokia lumia 800
    Sony ion
    Xperia T
    Htc one s

... Miss some call direct to voicemail or robotic voice... Echo... And experience sms... In many area

Strange thing... I don t have this problem with blackberry 9790... This is really bad...

Have see some strange with data... I have buy last 2 week a huawei 653b smarthub to put in my car... many disconnection and i must reboot 5-6 time per day...

Before the last two week i have use a novatel hotspot and a sierra hotspot... Never get a disconnection or need reboot with my novatel hotspot... With the sierra hotspot i need reboot but 5-6 per week... Not a great problem ...

Just strange thing i don t have any problem with with hspa 7.2 mbits device... But when i have others device (21 mbits dual carrier lte) there are some problems !

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Iphones, Moto Androids
    Carrier(s)
    Telus-Voice
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by intlbizman View Post
    when you write to telus, you will want to be specific and not exaggerate like you have done here.

making general statements like:
    "telus quit working in my town"
    "you can't call anyone"
    "never rings, goes straight to voicemail" but then contradict that "never" with on the 5th try they will pick up

is not convincing to your story.

hope this helps with filing your complaint.
    Not exaggeration actually... if you want to nitpick i'll remove the "always" language. "approx 90% of the time it will go straight to voicemail on the first try and multiple calls are required to achieve a ring on the other side"

"75% of calls in/out of the town on HSPA cannot occur without horrible scrambling of the voice", "95% of calls within the town will be 75% unhearable. (and try having a conversation where 75% of the voice is removed) That's what I would refer to as "can never call anyone"
    Sorry i'm just using common language but it is quite accurate. For instance I haven't held a phone conversation with my business partner there in 2-3 weeks. It's literally not working at all, doesn't seem to matter if it's Sunday afternoon or peak times. Telus has been handing out at least a few refunds of 50% of the bill so far to other users i've talked to.
    It's pretty bad, like honestly you can't expect an aircard to be able to load the google homepage at any given time.
    Name:  IMG_1058[1].PNG
Views: 525
Size:  324.2 KB
    I activated a Motorola razr yesterday and was thrilled to be able to make phone calls again... although not to HSPA users. But I could call out to landlines and it worked ok.
    When travelling outside of the area it resumes proper service, not great data but useable at least for voice. I had full bars driving by the tower on my way home and did this speed test last night, tried to run it a few times but it couldn't get past the ping test after this...

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Where are you located? Perhaps switching to another HSPA provider is the best solution for you, as long as it works in your area.

Device(s)
    Iphones, Moto Androids
    Carrier(s)
    Telus-Voice
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by turbogeek View Post
    I just had a thought on this - is there a large work camp vaguely nearby? Maybe their site repeaters are flooding the tower with too high a power level and 'shouting over' mere handhelds?
    YES and no. No specific camps but lots of worksites in the area. Sorry to not mention the area but it's Hardisty AB. Home of the giant tank farm at the start of the Keystone project. I generally make an effort to never mention my area as it's obvious who I am to people around here.
    I generally am guessing it's having 2x the population that they're prepared for, and everyone is using aircards and iphones all day... but wouldn't this be an easy fix if so? What's getting me is that even with all the big companies complaining that they can't seem to fix it (or don't care to). I'm just trying to understand why this would be something requiring a year or better to fix? And i wonder if they are even trying or just paying lip service. Every call is like "oh we haven't heard of any problems in that area"... I don't know if it's because they are just unable to really track areas or it's just incompetence. I'm just trying to understand what's happening.
    I don't know what the companies have set up but thier workers are all kind of in the same boat on telus or Bell. A fair amount are on Rogers and they have no problems at all (other than the typical Rogers limited AB service area). but Rogers voice and data works fine (except of course when trying to phone a telus phone)

Device(s)
    Iphones, Moto Androids
    Carrier(s)
    Telus-Voice
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by toolcube View Post
    Where are you located? Perhaps switching to another HSPA provider is the best solution for you, as long as it works in your area.
    Therein lies the catch, Rogers is terrible in rural AB. I'd rather have the telus working throughout the province (but lucky me except in my hometown) so i've been waiting for it to be fixed... the data has been brutal for a long time but the voice not working now is just really frustrating (especially when trying to run a business)

Feedback Score
    have u tried calling *22803 ?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Ok, this has gotten pretty bad Telus.

Quote Originally Posted by vanbc View Post
    have u tried calling *22803 ?
    This is just for cdma and the last prl was last years for only some phone

And the update is only limited... Last prl update allow telus users to get evdo on thunder bay

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast