Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rogers Blackberry Email tech support fail.

Feedback Score
    told ya so.

Feedback Score
    Of course why would Rogers want to do their job and help a customer!?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by habs_fan View Post
    Of course why would Rogers want to do their job and help a customer!?
    It is not there job. They are the transit not the provider that is RIM and Google.

BC, roamin Ab, Sk, Mb, Ak, Wa, Or, Id, Mt, Ut & Wy.
    Device(s)
    Rogers Bold 9900 / T-mobile Bold 9900
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers(Canada) T-Mobile(USA)
    Feedback Score
    Its not T-mobiles job, but they did it, its not Verizons job, but they did it, and other providers have too..so why not Rogers? I am sure if I searched enough online i'd find others who have helped too.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    This fellow QueBall from the blackberry support forums was from Telus and apparently got them to resolve his problem
    "I have the same issue.* I have submitted a ticket through my carrier to get it resolved.*
    I had to call back 2 times before I got a technician who understood what I was talking about though.**
    The second tech says he found an internal knowledgebase article that says they have to escalate the domain name and problem description to RIM to get them to reset the domain name history so that it will autodetect that the MX entries are now pointing to the Google apps servers and this will allow the Gmail integration and automatic setup to kick in properly. The most common situation where this happenes is when the domain was hosted somewhere else and you move it over to google apps.* The RIM BIS server seems to cache the old hosting service information and doesn't notice that it's now pointing to the Google apps mail servers so you loose the easy setup and automatic push until it's fixed."

So that eliminates the Canada - USA carrier policies differences.
    http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...il/td-p/202790

I put my own post in there to see if someone from RIM replies but I haven't seen many mods post to assist there

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Well, OOP hasn't called, and its been more than 72 hours so i guess they arent going to bother. However this story take a silly turn. Good thing I was in a good mood today.

So I decided to bite the bullet and call up RIM prepared to pay the $50 to fix the problem and the RIM agent was like "why are you calling us? As an end user, you shouldn't be calling us directly, we train your provider's blackberry tech support for issues like these and anything they cannot resolve, they then are to escalate to us." I was like "I know, right!" and proceeded to tell my story of my ordeal this past week with Rogers and he was like "that's not the way it should happen" and proceeded to initiate the call back to Rogers blackberry technical support. So he connects me to an agent stating that they should be able to serve me. The rogers bb tech support agent was very personable and listened to my problem, placed me on hold to speak to a level 2 which like the last 2 calls went, and shockingly, the same reply came back "the problem does not lie within Rogers, we cannot help you, you need to call RIM directly" to which I explained to the agent "well, that's what I did and they pointed me back to you saying you need to initiate and escalate the call to Rim, and why would the rim agent have intiated this call to you? So after a couple minutes of gong back and forth, the agent, albeit reluctantly, decided to humour me and initiate a call to RIM and see what happens. So after a few more minutes on hold, the Rogers tech, the RIM customer care agent and I all on the phone, the blackberry agent created a ticket, whee "Success!" and gave me the number and then proceeded to place us on hold and then RIM went silent then Rogers drops the call.... Ugh. But i have the ticket #!
    So I call back RIM with the ticket #, speak to tech support who had the ticket on file, within a minute the agent understood the problem, "this is a common one fortunately" he says, pulls up the document and pushes through the ticket to the team who can fix it. I was told will be fixed within 24 hours and and agent will call me to confirm within 48 hours.
    yay oh yay!
    I want to thank Melissa who was the Rogers agent who went the extra mile to help me when pretty much everyone else at Rogers, be it in tech support, tier 2 tech support and "Nokia" in the Rogers management office and customer care who told me that it wasn't their problem and call RIM myself. I followed up to Rogers customer care management to make a complaint about this whole ordeal which has been, and to be polite, ridiculous. I also wanted to communicate how happy I was Melissa went above and beyond to assist me in resolving my issue. She had fantastic customer service and Rogers needs more people like her.
    The fact this took over 8 days, 5 phone calls each over an hour (today's was 2 hours going from RIM to Rogers and back to RIM) is just insane and unacceptable. Many would have given up long before then. But I'm persistent...I was right all along, Rogers was responsible to escalate.

**UPDATE**
    As of this morning I deleted the email and re-added it and success! It linked right away, gave me the security activation of the enhanced google plug in and the ability to sync my calendar and contacts again. whoop, whoop.
    Last edited by Zolutar; 10-18-2012 at 09:42 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ircu View Post
    told ya so.
    Maybe before jumping the gun and thinking your always right, you should just stop. I'm a fan of Rogers, I like the service and my plan but I'm not in bed with them to think that they still make mistakes or there still uneducated reps out there. (read zolutar post above, it was Rogers fault as RIM said they weren't doing there job)

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ircu View Post
    It is not there job. They are the transit not the provider that is RIM and Google.

thats a dumb way of looking at it.
    I am the end user. I suscribe to a blackberry service through Rogers. Yes Rogers is the transit, but that also means they are the transit between me and RIM. RIM tech support is not set up with end users like me in mind, if you call their tech support you will find its configured with BES and small business' issues in mind. just like how I called them and the guy was very concerned as to me calling them directly. His exact words was "your carrier should be providing this support, and if its beyond their scope, its their job to escalate to RIM tech support on behalf of the consumer" He refused to let me pay. Hooray for RIM, RIM went to bat for me against Rogers. Thats how this day was saved.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2