Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Samsung Galaxy S3 Chronicles

Device(s)
    Samsung Indulge
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by L0GiC4L 3ViL View Post
    So what's everyone looking forward to with this device soon to be released.
    To show off >=)

Sent from my LG-MS770 using HowardForums

Device(s)
    LG Esteem
    Carrier(s)
    METRO PCS
    Feedback Score
    $500 to show off that sounds like a kid talking......

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Tapatalk
    Musician and Producer at chosen-1-records check out some of my work @ http://soundcloud.com/chosen-1-records

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by n4zty View Post
    $500 to show off that sounds like a kid talking......

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Tapatalk
    Lol damn n4zty calls it like he sees it

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Tapatalk 2

Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    I hope they will be offering a rebate

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat58 View Post
    I hope they will be offering a rebate
    x2 on that.
    i was all happy about my $100 revate card and it turns out they take out like 4 dollars for every month i dont use it so im at like $80something, ofcoarse they couldnt give me interest lol

Device(s)
    HTC Evo [Afflicted Evo 2.3.3]
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by olague88 View Post
    To show off >=)

Sent from my LG-MS770 using HowardForums
    You sir belong not behind an s3 but behind a land line phone. To show off especially in todays world is the way of cowards people that need to say look what I have just to make themselves feel better. Such a shame the s3 is a high end device probably more complex than your Apple devices but to parade like a slut I can see why your phones get stolen.

On to other things how would you guys like to see the mod give back to the great metro users of this forum? I'm not talking about just root and deving for the phone but a small contest to say win something like an armorsuit screen protector? Let me know if I can get enough people and I mean over 20 to say "yeah that would be cool!" I'll see what I can do.
    Last edited by L0GiC4L 3ViL; 10-14-2012 at 05:15 PM.
    Code Name: L0GiC4L 3ViL
    Quote: "Make love not war... Contribute dont leech.My insane logic gets the job done..."
    Latest Exploits:
    evo full flash (yes mms works), samsung intercept web (ask around), moto droid full flash
    Next Hijack: AFFLICTION ROM

11/4 3000th post

Carrier(s)
    Metro
    Feedback Score
    "yeah that would be cool!"
    yeah that would be cool!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by confed View Post
    yeah that would be cool!
    Lol I should have said pm me but ill take that as the first one.

Carrier(s)
    Metro-PCS
    Feedback Score
    yeah that would be cool!

Device(s)
    LG Esteem
    Carrier(s)
    METRO PCS
    Feedback Score
    i sent it as a pm and i see why u prefer if it was done that way just to keep the thread clean lol anyways seems everytime we get a date time goes so slow lol and mike u know how it is but anyways back to topic im interested in the nfc technology of the gs3. some needed info for you guys to know nothing i would worry about but the nfc or near field communication has been found to have a loop hole exploited by some whita hat hackers that managed to get total control of a samsung galaxy s3. check this out and again i dont care about this exploit the chance of me being near a hacker that knows about this exploit is 1 in a 1000 and im always around old people with old cellphones.

Exploit beamed via NFC to hack Samsung Galaxy S3 (Android 4.0.4)
    AMSTERDAM -- Using a pair of zero day vulnerabilities, a team of security researchers from U.K.-based MWR Labs hacked into a Samsung Galaxy S3 phone running Android 4.0.4 by beaming an exploit via NFC (Near Field Communications).

The team -- Tyrone Erasmus, Jacques Louw, Jon Butler and Nils (yes, that Nils) -- carted off a $30,000 cash prize as part of the EuSecWest mobile Pwn2Own hacker contest.

According to Erasmus, the exploit was delivered via NFC, the short-range wireless technology allows the sharing of small payloads of data between an NFC tag and an Android-powered device. The hackers exploited a weakness in the way NFC is implemented in the Galaxy S3 to deliver a malicious file that was automatically opened by the Android document viewer.

Once the file opened, the team exploited a zero-day flaw in the document viewer to launch a code execution attack. A second Android privilege escalation vulnerability, also zero-day, was then used to get full rights on the device.

With escalated rights, the team had access to all the data on the Samsung S3, including the e-mail and SMS databases, the address book, the photo gallery and access to third-party app data.

"We can do anything on the phone with our Trojan running in the background," Erasmus said in an interview after the successful hack. "The user is oblivious to it because NFC allows us to open the malicious document without any user interaction."

Although the MWR team used NFC to deliver the exploit, Erasmus warned that the same vulnerability could be exploited in drive-by downloads via malicious websites or via rigged e-mail attachments.

He said the winning exploited bypassed several Android security mitigations including the limited ASLR (Address Space Layout Randomization) and DEP (Data Execution Prevention). Once the mitigations were bypassed, Erasmus and his team installed a customized version of an Android pen-testing framework called Mercury.

With Mercury, this is the mobile equivalent of Metasploit, the team could sent exfiltrate user data from the device to a remote listener, including dumping SMS and contact databases, placing a call to a premium rate number or even taking snapshots with the phone's camera.

According to Nils, who is best known for his work hacking into IE, Safari and Firefox at Pwn2Own 2009, the anti-exploit mitigations built into Android 4.0.4 are somewhat trivial to bypass. He specifically pointed to the "incomplete" ASLR implemention that doesn't cover the Android linker and another process that is responsible for starting applications on the device.

He said ther protections which would make exploitation harder were missing. Nils said Google is due to beef up the mitigations in Android 4.1, codenamed Jelly Bean.

Although the vulnerability exists as zero-day across all Android platforms, including version 4.1, Nils said the exploit won't work on Jelly Bean because of the improved mitigations.

MWR Labs plans to release a public version of the customized Mercury app in the next release. The team will also release fuzzing modules to help researchers pinpoing vulnerablities in the Android code.
    Source: http://www.zdnet.com/exploit-beamed-...-4-7000004510/

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Just want to remind everyone that the contest isn't official yet we have to get enough people to even do one. The whole point of this is to give back and bring the metro forums back to what it used to be. On a second note I wonder who wants what color s3 and why? Personally is rock a white one just because I haven't had a white phone and the blue one yeah just not that appealing to me.

Feedback Score
    Just want to remind everyone that the contest isn't official yet we have to get enough people to even do one. The whole point of this is to give back and bring the metro forums back to what it used to be. On a second note I wonder who wants what color s3 and why? Personally is rock a white one just because I haven't had a white phone and the blue one yeah just not that appealing to me.
    Maybe I'm lost what contest? And yes the forum needs to come back to life it seems to get warm but not like we know and I want the white s3 i never had a white phone before and the white color on the s3 it's just plain sexy I refuse to buy the case before I get the phone once I get the phone then i will order the case in the mean time will keep her safe

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mike2828 View Post
    Maybe I'm lost what contest? And yes the forum needs to come back to life it seems to get warm but not like we know and I want the white s3 i never had a white phone before and the white color on the s3 it's just plain sexy I refuse to buy the case before I get the phone once I get the phone then i will order the case in the mean time will keep her safe

I want the white one with a purple velvet crown royal case yes I'd rock it.

Feedback Score
    I want the white one with a purple velvet crown royal case yes I'd rock it.
    Haha for some reason I thought about this goes along to celebrate

Last edited by L0GiC4L 3ViL; 10-15-2012 at 08:54 AM.

Carrier(s)
    VZ Wireless
    Feedback Score
    This Wednesday.

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast