Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread: Samsung Galaxy S3 Chronicles

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wagonis View Post
    All in good time my friend, all in good time. Nemo is not going anywhere.
    I give you 2 months wag

Sent from my SCH-R530M using Tapatalk 2

Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat58 View Post
    Ok so I went down to Metro to talk to them about the so called free accessory, I already knew what they would say. They ONLY sell this phone bundled so I don't know why they are telling people it is free, bunch of BS!!! So I exchanged the charger for a case, didn't like any of them that was an even exchange for the price of the charger so I got the white flipcase for now, at least it will protect the phone from getting scratched up. The price was $30 something and because I was a long term customer I got a discount...oh whoppee since I have already spent a ton already and still ended up paying an extra $13 for the case. Oh and I saw on their sign for the G3 their price was $513! They sure like to gouge people don't they!!!!!
    A couple came in with the opposite expectation -- they wanted me to "throw in" a case and car charge for free because "the other store" did. They wanted to get two but the other store had only one S3 left, so they bought it and immediately drove to the next store -- mine.

I assured them that, in this economy, none of the dealers were giving away anything for free. I "bet" him that the same items in my store would be less than or the same as they paid at the other dealer, so he ran out to his car to get the receipt while I started ringing up his GF's phone, flip case, and car charger...grand total, including the $15 upgrade fee: $612.04. The receipt from the other dealer: $615.22.

But, since I didn't force-sell accessories in pre-fab "bundles" and they didn't really need another car charger, they got 2 memory cards instead which, by the way, Metro is currently offering mail-in rebates on.

All told, they ending up spending more in my store but they got to choose the stuff they actually wanted, plus they're going to get $40 back in rebates.

Device(s)
    LG Esteem
    Carrier(s)
    METRO PCS
    Feedback Score
    speaking of rebates. when rebates for the gs3 is available will we be eligible for the rebate or just those that get it when the rebate is available??
    Musician and Producer at chosen-1-records check out some of my work @ http://soundcloud.com/chosen-1-records

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by for2njr View Post
    A couple came in with the opposite expectation -- they wanted me to "throw in" a case and car charge for free because "the other store" did. They wanted to get two but the other store had only one S3 left, so they bought it and immediately drove to the next store -- mine.

I assured them that, in this economy, none of the dealers were giving away anything for free. I "bet" him that the same items in my store would be less than or the same as they paid at the other dealer, so he ran out to his car to get the receipt while I started ringing up his GF's phone, flip case, and car charger...grand total, including the $15 upgrade fee: $612.04. The receipt from the other dealer: $615.22.

But, since I didn't force-sell accessories in pre-fab "bundles" and they didn't really need another car charger, they got 2 memory cards instead which, by the way, Metro is currently offering mail-in rebates on.

All told, they ending up spending more in my store but they got to choose the stuff they actually wanted, plus they're going to get $40 back in rebates.

Speaking of rebates. My dealer was trying to get me to buy one of those cards. I told her the biggest she had(16GB) was just not big enough. She said "Well it's supposed to be $35 but I'll lower the price to 20 for you" $20 card + $20 rebate = No brainer. Gave the card to my son. My S3 deserves better, 64GB SanDisk ordered today.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by n4zty View Post
    speaking of rebates. when rebates for the gs3 is available will we be eligible for the rebate or just those that get it when the rebate is available??
    although im tryna keep positive i dont think so, if i remember last year with the esteem it was cause they had rolled out the holiday 4g for all promo or whatever, and it had its date limits, beginning and end, and if i recall correctly couple people bought the Esteem before the promo started so they were f*cked, Regardless, i dont see that happening with our GS3, the device itself is just expensive, maybe a $50 MIR in a couple months i'd say thats maybe

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRoyalOak View Post
    Speaking of rebates. My dealer was trying to get me to buy one of those cards. I told her the biggest she had(16GB) was just not big enough. She said "Well it's supposed to be $35 but I'll lower the price to 20 for you" $20 card + $20 rebate = No brainer. Gave the card to my son. My S3 deserves better, 64GB SanDisk ordered today.
    lol wow good thing you guys mention these card rebates, cause i was looking online the other day just to look, and i laughed so hard when i saw a 16GB for like $35 lol, when ever overpriced Bestbuy is having a sale right now on the 32GB Sandisk HC microSD card for $30...now the 64GB is at $100, employee discount...still at like $60 i believe, how much did you get the 64GB Sandisk for? also does our GS3 support it out the box(no root no mods)?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gotquestions View Post
    lol wow good thing you guys mention these card rebates, cause i was looking online the other day just to look, and i laughed so hard when i saw a 16GB for like $35 lol, when ever overpriced Bestbuy is having a sale right now on the 32GB Sandisk HC microSD card for $30...now the 64GB is at $100, employee discount...still at like $60 i believe, how much did you get the 64GB Sandisk for? also does our GS3 support it out the box(no root no mods)?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400327289060...84.m1423.l2649

This is what I ordered. Class 10. 60 bucks. Sellers can't be any more trustworthy than buy.com. Plus, you can add a warranty to it for 10 bucks, but I didn't. Yes, the S3 supports 64GB out of the box.

Device(s)
    LG Connect
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by n4zty View Post
    I thought they weren't going to offer a rebate for the S3?

Also, went to pull out the driveway today and my truck stalled and i had to drive 2 footed to pull it back in. Turns out my distributor has to be replaced for a total of $620, so...def not buying the S3 this week.

Sent from my LG-MS840 using Tapatalk 2

Device(s)
    LG Esteem
    Carrier(s)
    METRO PCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wagonis View Post
    I thought they weren't going to offer a rebate for the S3?

Also, went to pull out the driveway today and my truck stalled and i had to drive 2 footed to pull it back in. Turns out my distributor has to be replaced for a total of $620, so...def not buying the S3 this week.

i knew it mikey jinxed ya lol and wow u must of taken ur car to a mechanic yea they will charge u alot these days luckliy my family full of licensed auto techs that dont charge me lol

Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by for2njr View Post

See at least you are not forcing them to buy the extras. $500 is a lot of money to plop down on a phone and to turn around and bundle it and then try to claim this stuff is free is so wrong!!! Corp did called the store and they in turn called me and offered to refund for the case but I already had it on my phone and didn't want to mess with it. I told him it wasn't so much me buying the case it was was the fact they were forcing people to buy this stuff and then lie to them about it being free. Last I heard they only sold 2 G3s, either people don't want to pay that price or they are getting them online which I should of just done to begin with but I was anxious and didn't want to wait. Anyhow it's over and done with just going to enjoy my phone

Oh and on another note....for those getting the free flipcase, I like it cause it helps protect the phone but I will be changing it to something else later because its a pita to try and take pictures with it on!

Device(s)
    LG Connect
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat58 View Post
    Oh and on another note....for those getting the free flipcase, I like it cause it helps protect the phone but I will be changing it to something else later because its a pita to try and take pictures with it on!
    I heard that about those flip cases, even though they are supposed to be the best cases for the S3, they make taking pics a pain.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note8
    Carrier(s)
    metroPCS
    Feedback Score
    anyone open right now.. in orlando area..lol i want it tonight ..but everywhere is closed..im pissed!

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    Take a wild guess
    Feedback Score
    No rebates yet, but if you want to give yourself a $50 rebate from the taxes and the fees that all the stores charge when you buy it, order yours from wirefly.com for $499 flat like I just did. Even if you order from Metro's site you have to pay tax.

After patiently waiting an extra week for the phone while everyone else ran out and bought them this past weekend, I'm finally getting mine next week. Cheers

Device(s)
    LG Connect
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroPieceofShi View Post
    No rebates yet, but if you want to give yourself a $50 rebate from the taxes and the fees that all the stores charge when you buy it, order yours from wirefly.com for $499 flat like I just did. Even if you order from Metro's site you have to pay tax.

After patiently waiting an extra week for the phone while everyone else ran out and bought them this past weekend, I'm finally getting mine next week. Cheers
    IF I buy it in the near future, ill probably go the wirefly route as well. Although I'm slapping my LG Connect and my BlackBerry 8530 on eBay first.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroPieceofShi View Post

final price at checkout?

Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast