Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sasktel LTE

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    SaskTel
    Feedback Score
    Well, that's encouraging news, hope its soon.
    I'm also glad they are working some more on the oversubscription and coverage issues.

Thanks pfeifer80 posting the news article links.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Sasktel
    Feedback Score
    Well the announcement finally came out. February 2013 for Regina and Saskatoon. Link below for the press release.

http://www.sasktel.com/about-us/news...cal-trial.html

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+/5/4, Moto G LTE, Nokia E63, & data devices
    Carrier(s)
    SaskTel
    Feedback Score
    If they could get LTE roaming going, that would be a start. I was all excited that I could use LTE in Toronto on my iPhone 5 a couple of weeks ago... but no.
    SaskTel 306, Rogers 647 data, Rogers 306 flex tablet, Bell 519 flex tablet, Wind 587, PureTalkUSA 406, T-Mobile 716 & 347 prepaid, AT&T iPad SIM 716, T-Mobile postpaid data 619, Toggle Mobile (UK/FR/US), GiffGaff (UK)

GSM phones: Too many to list.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Sasktel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoJim View Post
    If they could get LTE roaming going, that would be a start. I was all excited that I could use LTE in Toronto on my iPhone 5 a couple of weeks ago... but no.

Pure speculation but I would venture to guess that once they have LTE running up in the province that the roaming agreement they have with Bell/Telus for HSPA will continue over with LTE.

Carrier(s)
    SaskTel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pfeifer80 View Post
    Pure speculation but I would venture to guess that once they have LTE running up in the province that the roaming agreement they have with Bell/Telus for HSPA will continue over with LTE.
    I don't think there will be such an agreement right away. There's a lot of things, technically, that need to happen for LTE roaming. Do any North American Carriers have LTE roaming right now? I doubt that Bell and Telus are going to focus on Saskatchewan before they have LTE roaming in the USA.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Sasktel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmasterfunk View Post
    I don't think there will be such an agreement right away. There's a lot of things, technically, that need to happen for LTE roaming. Do any North American Carriers have LTE roaming right now? I doubt that Bell and Telus are going to focus on Saskatchewan before they have LTE roaming in the USA.

Sasktel/Bell/Telus share the same HSPA network hence the exact same coverage. I would be willing to bet LTE will be no different. NA wide LTE roaming is not possible at this point because US carriers use different frequencies for LTE than Canada.

Carrier(s)
    SaskTel
    Feedback Score
    Sasktel/Bell/Telus share the same HSPA network hence the exact same coverage. I would be willing to bet LTE will be no different. NA wide LTE roaming is not possible at this point because US carriers use different frequencies for LTE than Canada.
    I guess we'll come back here in Feb. and see if Telus and Bell are able to use LTE on SaskTel...

As for the LTE roaming, AT&T and the Canadian Carriers use AWS for LTE. So, that's not the issue. Right now, I can use my iPad and iPhone in Canada on LTE and then use an AT&T SIM in that same device the US, and it works on LTE. True, there are some things that don't line up, such as Sprint/Verizon's frequencies and that there is no 700Mhz in Canada. But, the point is, it's all about what the device can support.

Carrier(s)
    SaskTel
    Feedback Score
    Seems that Apple is ready for SaskTel LTE:

http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    SaskTel
    Feedback Score
    I upgraded today. No sniff of SaskTel LTE yet.

I'll be in Toronto Wednesday; perhaps LTE roaming will work now. I can report back if anyone cares.

Carrier(s)
    SaskTel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoJim View Post
    I upgraded today. No sniff of SaskTel LTE yet.

I'll be in Toronto Wednesday; perhaps LTE roaming will work now. I can report back if anyone cares.
    I'll break your heart now, and tell you it won't work.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    SaskTel
    Feedback Score
    That's my expection, so no heartbreak is coming. I already knew it didn't work when I was in Toronto in November, but I was hoping this update might be a sign that LTE roaming might be possible.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    SaskTel
    Feedback Score
    Is it the same with Bell and Telus in SK? That LTE won't work for Bell/Telus, when SaskTel let's it's subscribers use it?

Carrier(s)
    SaskTel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by virtuatony View Post
    Is it the same with Bell and Telus in SK? That LTE won't work for Bell/Telus, when SaskTel let's it's subscribers use it?
    All signs points to LTE being for SaskTel only.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Sasktel
    Feedback Score
    Was just in today talking a higher up guy within Sasktel. He said that they plan on keeping LTE a Sasktel exclusive as long as possible but that there will be roaming agreements with Bell/Telus in the future. As a side note what are people getting for speeds? I was getting 10down and 10up this morning now I am getting 20 both ways. Going to start a thread dedicated to speeds.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    SaskTel
    Feedback Score
    Was just in today talking a higher up guy within Sasktel. He said that they plan on keeping LTE a Sasktel exclusive as long as possible but that there will be roaming agreements with Bell/Telus in the future. As a side note what are people getting for speeds? I was getting 10down and 10up this morning now I am getting 20 both ways. Going to start a thread dedicated to speeds.
    Yeah after what jmasterfunk said, I decided to port my number to SaskTel on Wednesday.

Loving LTE, although I could see many people reaching the 10GB pretty easily now. Does anybody know if the reduced speed you get after reaching 10GB on LTE is the same as it was for 3G???

I did many speed tests on Thursday, best was 42 down and 28 up.
    If I couldn't get infinet at home, I'd get rid of DSL with speeds like those.
    Yesterday my best speed test was 40 down and 27 up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast