Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: AT&T LTE Launch in Los Angeles' San Fernando Valley

Device(s)
    HTC TILT, 8525, BJI, BJII, SE w580i, w760a, z750a
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    They should have deployed LTE with AWS in those 700mhz 6x6 markets. I am not sure why they didn't since i know the antennas they use (at least in Detroit area which has no AWS) were 700/850/AWS/1900 units and had 4 individual antennas...unless they needed a 2nd RRH per panel.

see:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVhhA...520C9437B02F41

And it looks like those particular RRHs only supports MIMO 2x2 on 700mhz (bands 12 & 17).

There could be other RRHs with greater capability. I guess if u see one with 4 RF cables going to it, then it might be 700 & AWS.
    iPhone 4 on AT&T:

http://www.xti9.com/v3xx[/FONT][/SIZE]

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork4me View Post
    You'd think they'd want to have the Santa Clarita valley covered already, but they could be relying on their superior coverage to tide them over. Last time I was in Stevenson Ranch (upper part near the northern end of Poe Pkwy, Chaucer Pl, etc.), my VZW phone was struggling to maintain 1x, while AT&T didn't seem to have a problem at all with service.

Why bother rolling out LTE when you are the only carrier that works reliably anyway?!
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    Interesting items to note...
    AT&T is the ILEC for Santa Clarita/Simi Valley AFAIK, and those are the 2 markets in SoCal that Verizon hasn't touched with LTE. Funny how telco boundaries work.
    I've got news for you guys...Verizon switched on LTE access in Santa Clarita about 2 weeks ago...at least near the 5 Fwy & the 126/Magic Mountain Pkwy, near where I work. I haven't checked around other places.

I've got devices from both VZW and ATT. In my office building (just off the 126), my VZW phone got very weak 3G/1X coverage indoors, my AT&T weak 3G data indoors until about two Mondays ago. That's when I noticed that my VZW phone wasn't hot to the touch (from searching for a signal) when I pulled it out of my pocket. Instead of weak 1X, it was getting 3 bars of wonderful LTE. The phone even gets data in the elevator in the center of the building. It's not the fastest LTE speeds, comparable to a good HSPA+ signal on my AT&T phone on speedtests.

It's good to see some posts in this thread suggesting AT&T getting LTE in the Valley and Santa Clarita in the next month or two...I was considering getting a Galaxy Note II on AT&T, but the poor signal near work and the lack of LTE anywhere in the Valley was scaring me off. I'm still a bit leery about buying a device assuming AT&T will actually come through with an improvement in service on any sort of time-frame. Verizon's offering the same device in a couple of weeks with LTE already a sure thing everywhere I'd use it. Tough choice.

edit: WOW! I've been a member here for just shy of six years and this is the first time I've bothered to post something. Odd.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Well, at&t did just deploy new panels at In-N-Out/M Donald's over by i-5 /Lyons and I-5/Balboa in the SF Valley. Go with what works for you best. I personally don't have issues in Santa Clarita, and I have a work discount.
    I'm not too concerned about the current speed as I typically get better than 6Mbps in good service areas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    Well, at&t did just deploy new panels at In-N-Out/M Donald's over by i-5 /Lyons and I-5/Balboa in the SF Valley. Go with what works for you best. I personally don't have issues in Santa Clarita, and I have a work discount.
    I'm not too concerned about the current speed as I typically get better than 6Mbps in good service areas.
    I thought I saw something different at Balboa/I5. My office isn't in a "good service" area...at least not for AT&T and T-Mobile; it's right on the fringe for them. Step away from a window and you're in a dead zone.

I was shocked the day LTE lit up the building on Verizon. I'd noticed a month or so earlier that there was a 4G signal on the 126 in Piru. Piru of all places. I was getting ready to complain to VZW about the odd choice of coverage. It looks like they were simultaneously working their way towards Castaic up the 126 from Ventura and the I5 from the Valley.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daveaultman View Post
    It looks like they were simultaneously working their way towards Castaic up the 126 from Ventura and the I5 from the Valley.
    There's not a whole lot left in CA for VZW LTE - Santa Clarita and Simi Valley are the exceptions - possibly because they are AT&T iLEC islands. Piru may just be backhauled in from Filmore.

Feedback Score
    Finally!!!!

Feedback Score
    Dunno what took so long

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I meant not a lot for VZW left. AT&T still has a lot to cover on LTE. Fortunately HSPA+ covers a lot in CA

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using HowardForums

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

AT&T LTE Launch in Los Angeles' San Fernando Valley

Anyone have any new news?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve28 View Post

My phone went to 'EDGE' this morning, so maybe that's a sign they're doing some work here ... or its just the rain (most in SoCal can't handle rain).

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

AT&T LTE Launch in Los Angeles' San Fernando Valley

I'm seeing LTE tonight in Sherman oaks! Speeds still suck beyond all belief, but I guess it's something

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Finally seeing LTE on I-5 from the 14 to at least the 170 tonight.

Device(s)
    Nokia 920, 900
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve28 View Post

Noticed the LTE symbol on my Nokia 900 this morning driving around Sherman Oaks, Van Nuys and NoHo
    did speed tests and was getting 2-3 mg's. Looks like they have lit up the Valley.

FINALLY!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jondon View Post
    Finally seeing LTE on I-5 from the 14 to at least the 170 tonight.
    Looks like its getting up here.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast