Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: I played with my buddy's Galaxy S3 the other day (vs. Apple iPhone)

Device(s)
    iPhone IVS | 9900 B0ldTouchDizzle
    Carrier(s)
    The one who pays me to use their service
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    that article GeminiIII shared was pretty spot on actually. love the bit about the stock icon hehe. they added one worse with the bookshelf icon.

I have a 4S and an S3. The neglibile improvements (if you can call them that) on the i5, mainly coupled with the fact that Rogers wants me to increase my plan by $20/month AND won't do an early adopter program like they did for 3G-4 people and 4->4S people (of which I fell under) are making me not want/able to get it.

I really like iOS because of the apps, itunes incorporation, playlists, JB'ing., all that good stuff.

I know nothing about rooting, and how much I can customize things on Android yet, all I know is that on a 4.8" screen, my favourite game plays deliciously!!! Wish the Note didn't glitch out on my game, cuz that screen was just gorgeous!!!
    300 @ 5pm●5K SMS●Auto Roadside●Unlim Inc●1000LD●R2RLD●VP●6Gb LTDizzle+credits = <$36
    34+|0|0 119+|0|0

Factory Unlocked 5White32gb, GNote2x2, 9900 LNIB Retired, GS3 for Mobi
    i7 920 @ 2.67GHz 9Gb DDR3
    My Wireless LD FAQ., READ IT!!!
    The Jawbone I, photo-review
    Maybe it's time to update this....nahhhhh

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    I really really wanted to convince myself to get the Galaxy 3 but I dislike the home button, I didnt like the way my finger flipped the screen. Samsung has a lot of bloatware. If I really was into hacking I'd get it. Maybe the Note2 will have more to offer, but I settled for the iPhone 5. I am not happy with either devices though.

Device(s)
    iPhone IVS | 9900 B0ldTouchDizzle
    Carrier(s)
    The one who pays me to use their service
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    ^ totally agree. I hate having to strain to hit the home button. Really wish it was a touch button instead.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S® III I747, Samsung Galaxy S® II Skyrocket I727, HTC Status®
    Carrier(s)
    T mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kthompson04 View Post
    I would think they might have something in the pipeline to address this issue. I have talked to many women who want the iPhone 5, and their main gripe with the S3 is the large size. I really like the the lightness and size of the iPhone 5 though. Different strokes for different folks.
    True most guys I know like the larger display

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Without my phone I am nothing, without me my phone is nothing

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GVRD777 View Post
    I really really wanted to convince myself to get the Galaxy 3 but I dislike the home button, I didnt like the way my finger flipped the screen. Samsung has a lot of bloatware. If I really was into hacking I'd get it. Maybe the Note2 will have more to offer, but I settled for the iPhone 5. I am not happy with either devices though.
    The home button is a personal choice and I say that as a person who wouldn't own a phone without one, but of course to each their own right.

Not sure what you mean by the way your finger flipped the screen.

Bloatware: Settings/Applications/All/----> disable whatever you like, uninstall the rest lol this isn't an iphone where apple decides what you will and won't do with your phone.

The note 2 is beautiful but like the 4S to the 5, there is not enough reason for anyone with the Note 1 to move to the 2. The Note 1 is already blazing fast and a computer in your pocket. Obviously if you don't have the Note 1, take the Note 2.

I hope you end up finding the perfect phone for you. Perhaps it's the "Oppo Find 5" (or as I call it.... the Android Jelly Bean iphone 9). Check it out

http://www.androidauthority.com/oppo...nknown-118052/

5-inch display with a 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution and a 441 PPI pixel density (iphone 5 326ppi 1 inch smaller screen)
    Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro APQ8064 processor
    Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
    2 GB of RAM (double the RAM of iphone 5)
    12 MP rear-facing camera (8MP iphone 5)
    2,500 mAh battery (almost double the iphone 5)
    6.65 mm thickness (thinner than iphone 5)

Carrier(s)
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I appreciate the insight from you guys on this topic. I think both are great phones, but the GS3 seems like the ultimate phone right now. Tough to see where more improvements will be made, but that's good for consumers
    By the way, that one guy was a real douchebag, huh? Bashing someone for their opinions is childish and immature.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Whatever2009 View Post

Bloatware: Settings/Applications/All/----> disable whatever you like, uninstall the rest lol this isn't an iphone where apple decides what you will and won't do with your phone.

The note 2 is beautiful but like the 4S to the 5, there is not enough reason for anyone with the Note 1 to move to the 2. The Note 1 is already blazing fast and a computer in your pocket. Obviously if you don't have the Note 1, take the Note 2.

I hope you end up finding the perfect phone for you. Perhaps it's the "Oppo Find 5" (or as I call it.... the Android Jelly Bean iphone 9). Check it out

5-inch display with a 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution and a 441 PPI pixel density (iphone 5 326ppi 1 inch smaller screen)
    Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
    Sorry for not using the correct lingo...my mind is mush now. For the lack of better description, the fluidity of the Samsung 3 as you browse. It just didn't seem that smooth or silky.

I have the Galaxy 1 (Captivate) and I hate it. There is Samsung bloatware on the 3 from what I have been told. Samsung also stripped some features as well (again what I read a while back) from ICS.

The warranty and support from Samsung just blows in my and people I know's opinion who needed to get warranty service from Samsung. I went to the Samsung store locally and the rep said that by the fall they *should* have extended warranty available. That hasnt happened and in generally, Samsung North America has left me with a bitter taste in my mouth. I think they need to pay more attention to Apple's Customer Satisfaction model.

I wouldn't mind an unlocked Note 2 or even a locked one. Despite what others may say that it's too big, I think it's right for me. It's just that Samsung and the fragmented OS of Android isn't at this time. BTW, I thought Quad Core and LTE still weren't compatible? Thanks for the link to the Oppo.

Feedback Score
    Sorry for not using the correct lingo...my mind is mush now. For the lack of better description, the fluidity of the Samsung 3 as you browse. It just didn't seem that smooth or silky.

I have the Galaxy 1 (Captivate) and I hate it. There is Samsung bloatware on the 3 from what I have been told. Samsung also stripped some features as well (again what I read a while back) from ICS.

The warranty and support from Samsung just blows in my and people I know's opinion who needed to get warranty service from Samsung. I went to the Samsung store locally and the rep said that by the fall they *should* have extended warranty available. That hasnt happened and in generally, Samsung North America has left me with a bitter taste in my mouth. I think they need to pay more attention to Apple's Customer Satisfaction model.

I wouldn't mind an unlocked Note 2 or even a locked one. Despite what others may say that it's too big, I think it's right for me. It's just that Samsung and the fragmented OS of Android isn't at this time. BTW, I thought Quad Core and LTE still weren't compatible? Thanks for the link to the Oppo.
    I'm starting to think that the 5.5" Note 2 is for you too. The unlocked has ZERO bloatware (but could be removed anyway). And has already launched. USA version on Oct 24th.

It is an LTE Quad. The issue was between the dual core and the snapdragon. Just make sure that the LTE band matches the one of your carrier!!!!

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    I know....I wonder what the price tag will be for it in the USA?

Feedback Score
    I know....I wonder what the price tag will be for it in the USA?
    Depends. If you go carrier contract you will get a decent deal. Personally, I don't do contracts here in Canada because they rape us with a 3 year instead of a 2 year. I believe the International will again have the home button whereas the US/CAN version will have 4 capacitive. I prefer the home button, it never fails, even during a rare lockup.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 - 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    American Telephone and Telegraph
    Feedback Score
    My recent experience with The Samsung Galaxy S III
    1. Set to vibrate/silent, but if phone is awake and the volume buttons are pressed then the ringer turns on again.
    2. Stopwatch fails to continue if the app is stopped. Doesn’t happen with iOS, it keeps running even if the phone is turned off.
    3. IE favorites aren’t synced with browser app like Safari
    4. Cannot set individual message tones for contacts like iOS
    5. iTunes music - Double Twist doesn't work on the GS3. The music player sucks too.
    6. Emails aren't always scaled down to fit screen like in iOS. Email app just sucks all together.
    7. LED lights come on and blink even if I turn them ALL off in EVERY app and program. Steady light comes on when fully charged. Lights up bedroom. Turn phone on face and the sounds will shut off.
    8. No visual voicemail like iOS

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel954 View Post
    My recent experience with The Samsung Galaxy S III
    1. Set to vibrate/silent, but if phone is awake and the volume buttons are pressed then the ringer turns on again.
    2. Stopwatch fails to continue if the app is stopped. Doesn’t happen with iOS, it keeps running even if the phone is turned off.
    3. IE favorites aren’t synced with browser app like Safari
    4. Cannot set individual message tones for contacts like iOS
    5. iTunes music - Double Twist doesn't work on the GS3. The music player sucks too.
    6. Emails aren't always scaled down to fit screen like in iOS. Email app just sucks all together.
    7. LED lights come on and blink even if I turn them ALL off in EVERY app and program. Steady light comes on when fully charged. Lights up bedroom. Turn phone on face and the sounds will shut off.
    8. No visual voicemail like iOS
    So you replaced ios with Android by the sounds of it (otherwise why would you be so invested in these issues).

1- Of course, any phone without a mute button will do this. I used to accidentally hit my iphone mute and miss calls. If your phone is set to silent, why would you be playing with the volume buttons on an awake screen?

2- My stop watch continues (ICS). You simply "go home" without closing the app. That's basic stuff man.

3- IE lol, you use IE? You need to move into the 2000's and get Dolphin browser (non mini version) and sync with Xmarks. I use it to sync with Xmarks on Chrome (pc).

4-Yes and those ios message tones are annoying so I refuse to help you out on that one lol

5-itunes? Really? itunes is the biggest piece of crap since the biggest piece of crap. Who cares, just download a music player.

6- Mine scale perfectly. I much prefer (I hope you are talking about Gmail) Gmail on a screen that I don't need coke bottle glasses to read.

7- Do some research you will find the LED answer. The phone is supposed to mute face down, its a feature that is amazing when you need it.

8- I thought I would miss VVM but with Rogers/Fido's unstable data service, its nice to just press and hold #1 and go straight to messages. Just edit the voicemail number with pauses and selections, that way you dont have to lift a finger and if data goes down, you dont have to wait for it to come back to listen. And its cheaper in Canada's case because we get nickle'd and dime'd for every "add on". Google is your frieeeeend :-)

Carrier(s)
    Swisscom, Vodafone,
    Feedback Score
    The home button is a personal choice and I say that as a person who wouldn't own a phone without one, but of course to each their own right.

Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
    Missing 3.5mm earphone jack, full of fail.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tendenzi View Post
    I think I figured it out. You clearly don't know about the other forums here. I think you want to post that article and create a thread over here:

Go ahead, click the large red text.
    WHERE SOMEONE MIGHT CARE.
    That got old the first time around... now its just plain sad.

Post something meaningful, like how apple stole the idea for the ipad from Star Trek: The Next Generation back in the early 90's.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVqHoGKQXLI

TENDENZI: You can delete your post after I embarrassed you but your post lives on within my post lol.
    Last edited by Guest 252; 10-05-2012 at 09:08 AM.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    So you replaced ios with Android by the sounds of it (otherwise why would you be so invested in these issues).

4-Yes and those ios message tones are annoying so I refuse to help you out on that one lol

5-itunes? Really? itunes is the biggest piece of crap since the biggest piece of crap. Who cares, just download a music player.

8- I thought I would miss VVM but with Rogers/Fido's unstable data service, its nice to just press and hold #1 and go straight to messages. Just edit the voicemail number with pauses and selections, that way you dont have to lift a finger and if data goes down, you dont have to wait for it to come back to listen. And its cheaper in Canada's case because we get nickle'd and dime'd for every "add on". Google is your frieeeeend :-)
    You can make cutom tones in iTunes and then synch them to your phone...voila no more crappy tones.

iTunes really isn't bad. It's really just a matter of personal preference.

Android can do visual voicemail for free...just get a google voice account which is free and install the app. I've been using it for several years now. Works great and easy to setup.

I'll add in that I started on Windows phones (TP2), ran Android off of an sd card before it became a full blown OS on a phone and have used a Droid X and currently have a VZW GNEX. I use and iPhone4s for work and will be upgrading the GNEX to an I5 soon. In the last 6 months I rooted my phone and flashed a custom ROM. Both Droid and IOS have good and bad things about them. It's all a matter of personal preference and taste. That's my 2 cents.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast