Thread: port number

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

port number

has anyone recently ported their cellphone # over to petro canada mobility.... i made a quick call to enquire about this and the CS seemed to want to give me a new phone number instead.............I just said I would call back later...........thanks.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky89 View Post
    has anyone recently ported their cellphone # over to petro canada mobility.... i made a quick call to enquire about this and the CS seemed to want to give me a new phone number instead.............I just said I would call back later...........thanks.
    Yes, that's normal. They will first activate the SIM card with a phone number and then start the porting process. In a few hours or a few days, your ported phone number will become the phone number on your petro-canada SIM. The new phone number will no longer exist.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The porting process works as expected. The only thing to be aware of is once your number is ported, you need to recreate your login for the new phone number. You also have to sign-up for any automatic top-ups again. I was impressed in that the last time I ported a number to a service there was a rather large number porting fee. But with petro canada, the number porting was completely free. I do not know if the same is true with other Canadian carriers.