Thread: I think the Lumia 900 is the best smartphone on the market right now, and here's why:

Feedback Score

I think the Lumia 900 is the best smartphone on the market right now, and here's why:

• Nokia is known for having the best RF Antennas and the Lumia 900 usually gets great reviews for its signal reception. Therefore, it probably has the best signal reception of any smartphone on the market right now.
    • Nokia is known for having the best build quality on their phones.
    • Windows Mango operating system is more efficient and operates smoother than Android Ice Cream Sandwich.
    • Windows Mango operating system has more than enough apps for most people.
    • The Lumia 900 has an excellent display, probably one of the best on the market right now.
    • The camera on the Lumia 900 is very good.

Device(s)
    Apple
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I have the Lumia 900 now and in my opinion it's not even in the top 5 of phones, no screen shots, the camera is really bad for close ups and when the battery dies all the way the screen flicks white and black until it has a enough juice to turn on.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elimcgrubber View Post
    I have the Lumia 900 now and in my opinion it's not even in the top 5 of phones, no screen shots, the camera is really bad for close ups and when the battery dies all the way the screen flicks white and black until it has a enough juice to turn on.
    The issues you mentioned are all trivial issues. The Nokia Lumia 900's great signal reception (probably the best of any smartphone right now) and super smooth operating system are enough to make it the best smartphone on the market right now.

The quality of the RF Antenna is very important and it seems that many smartphone manufacturers ignore this aspect. Nokia makes the best RF Antennas for their phones.

Device(s)
    Apple
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper3 View Post
    The issues you mentioned are all trivial issues. The Nokia Lumia 900's great signal reception (probably the best of any smartphone right now) and super smooth operating system are enough to make it the best smartphone on the market right now.

The quality of the RF Antenna is very important and it seems that many smartphone manufacturers ignore this aspect. Nokia makes the best RF Antennas for their phones.
    I have found reception to be better on my BlackBerry Torch 9810 then the Lumia also.

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Why do I get the sealing the OP is going to continue repeating himself.

Btw, had one when they were free, yep 0 dollars, and returned it in a week. Maybe when the OS grows up there might be a chance, but you will be hosed because they were outdated the day they were first sold. No updates for you!
    Today a group of leading venture capitalists published an open letter to the FCC calling on them to prevent what they say would be the end of net neutrality and a crippling blow to young startups.
    No Google, say it ain't (or wouldn't of been ) so! ATT and Verizon would have killed their own cash cow.

Feedback Score
    well...best on the market for another 2 months anyway

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elimcgrubber View Post
    I have found reception to be better on my BlackBerry Torch 9810 then the Lumia also.
    Your anecdotal story about your Blackberry Torch does not change the fact that Nokia phones have the best RF Antennas and signal reception.

Feedback Score
    Wow, was I wrong about the Nokia Lumia 900! After using the phone a little longer, I realized that it's a piece of junk! Calls were dropped frequently and the Windows Mango or Tango (whichever it was) operating system had problems such as the screen going blank during a call and not coming back up, and emails not updating properly. Finally the phone stopped working all together and I returned it for an iPhone 4S.

My new iPhone 4S is simply awesome! Signal reception, speed, reliability, build quality, and everything else about the iPhone 4S is outstanding!

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Im somewhat intrigued by the new 920 but I'll have to do my research before getting one. I figured they would be decent phones but maybe not.