Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Who is still using a CDMA Data phone with Telus?

Device(s)
    BB Storm 9530
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Poweruser (15+ lines)
    Feedback Score

Who is still using a CDMA Data phone with Telus?

I'll start,

I'm still using my almost 3 year old BB Storm 2 9550 ! It gets better reception than a friend's newer non-CDMA phone.

Who else hasn't upgraded to HSPA or to an LTE phone?
    Telus Client for over 13 years - My Plans:

$25/month + SAF/911/tax
    250 Daytime Mins // Unlimited Incoming // Unlimited E&W @ 6 pm // Unlimited Telus to Telus Nationwide // Unlimited Text Messaging // Business Bundle 10 // 100 Long Distance Mins

$57/month + SAF/911/tax
    1350 Daytime Mins // Unlimited Incoming // Unlimited E&W @ 5 pm // Unlimited Telus to Telus Nationwide // Unlimited Text Messaging // Business Bundle 10 // Corp 15

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    My phone just asked me what is CDMA? Phones these days... they have no knowledge or appreciation of their ancestors/heritage!

Feedback Score
    I still use a bunch of CDMA Non Data Devices with Bell/Solo/Virgin and Telus, to be honest I find CDMA voice quality bit better then Bell/Telus HSPA and a lot better then Rogers GSM/HSPA. I would stick with CDMA Voice as long as the network allows me to activate CDMA Devices.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jattdesi View Post
    I still use a bunch of CDMA Non Data Devices with Bell/Solo/Virgin and Telus, to be honest I find CDMA voice quality bit better then Bell/Telus HSPA and a lot better then Rogers GSM/HSPA. I would stick with CDMA Voice as long as the network allows me to activate CDMA Devices.
    Same thing here... I prefer stay in the cdma network for the voice quality and stability ... I dont lost any call on cdma... And with only one bar... You can make a call ... Don t try with hspa ...
    The problem with cdma ... Many area with 1x data only ... ( Not really a problem with aa bb ) and the others problems there is no recent phone ...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9630 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus, POSH Micro X S240
    Carrier(s)
    PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I still have a Nokia 2855i on PC Mobility. This uses Bell's CDMA, which roams on a lot of Telus towers in rural areas. It's one of the last handsets with an stubby, extendable antenna. It's by far the best I've seen for reception. Its incoming voice quality is rather robotic, but I'm told that the outgoing voice quality is excellent, so I expect that it's just the handset's speaker that is rubbish. No matter -- it's my super-reliable backup phone for all rural adventures.

Device(s)
    V65E4710, A3LSMG925W8, PDNRM-975, IHDT56PG3, QMNRM-11, L6ARCV70UW, L6ARJE180LW
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, Bell, SpeakOut, CSL, au by KDDI
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Folks,

I am still using a Nokia 6265i for voice service everyday. But after almost 6 years, it is quite beaten up...
    --

HC - NO "i"
    I am NOT "the" HC, we are TWO different individuals!

"If we amplify everything, we hear nothing!" - Jon Stewart, Comedian

Device(s)
    Nokia N900, Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    Wind, Three, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jattdesi View Post
    That's because North American implementation of GSM and HSPA just doesn't have the voice quality of European networks.

I'm not talking about coverage or the number of bars. Assuming you are in a full signal area, the voice quality on European networks is just very good landline like quality. Their GSM sounds better than our HSPA.

Rogers Gsm is quite horrible, accompanied by low earpiece volume on various handsets. The same handset in Europe and u would have to turn the volume down it was so loud on most phones.

Then Rogers used to have the problem of gsm calls connecting with a lot of static. Then you would have to hang up and redial. ATT gsm was even worse

None of the North American networks are very good. When you say CDMA sounds better, that's only because North Ametican GSM HSPA systems are not implemented the best they can be
    Robellus - The Future is Greedy

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fido2004 View Post
    That's because North American implementation of GSM and HSPA just doesn't have the voice quality of European networks.

I'm not talking about coverage or the number of bars. Assuming you are in a full signal area, the voice quality on European networks is just very good landline like quality. Their GSM sounds better than our HSPA.

Rogers Gsm is quite horrible, accompanied by low earpiece volume on various handsets. The same handset in Europe and u would have to turn the volume down it was so loud on most phones.

Then Rogers used to have the problem of gsm calls connecting with a lot of static. Then you would have to hang up and redial. ATT gsm was even worse

None of the North American networks are very good. When you say CDMA sounds better, that's only because North Ametican GSM HSPA systems are not implemented the best they can be
    Sorry but europe is not better ... ( yes price is better for many things ) ...
    My parent have very trouble in France ... overload network ... bad coverage ... no 3g anywhere ... 3g speed throttle ... voice quality ...

voice quality is not just the network ...
    take an htc and a motorola you see great difference ...

Feedback Score
    Still on a bb 9530 storm. If it weren't for the lousy browser and memory, the phone would still be usable.

Device(s)
    RIM9790
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.732 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/126)

Quote Originally Posted by HellfireX
    I'll start,

I'm still using my almost 3 year old BB Storm 2 9550 ! It gets better reception than a friend's newer non-CDMA phone.

Who else hasn't upgraded to HSPA or to an LTE phone?
    I am still using my 3yr old RIM 9630, although my wife went to the dark side this weekend...
    --------------------------------
    Un petit d'un petit
    S'étonne aux Halles
    Un petit d'un petit
    Ah! degrés te fallent

Old French Proverb from the book of; Mots D'Heures Gousses Rames

(I am the Stig!)

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Both my parents on using an 9630s. Although my mom may upgrade with the $99 iPhone 4S. My dads sticking it out as long as possible on the same phone. (Still two finger types on his mac and iPad.)

He was using my 9780 for while till he went to a few football games at McMahon stadium and he dropped to Rogers SOS and was a paperweight till he drove to another area after the game. Also I think showing off how he can talk on the phone during half time while everyone else is wondering what happened.

Has anyone did a speedtest lately of the CDMA network? I switched back to my Tour for a few days while I was at the lake and it didn't seem as zippy as I remember it back before I switched to HSPA. (Winter 2011)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Poulson View Post
    Both my parents on using an 9630s. Although my mom may upgrade with the $99 iPhone 4S. My dads sticking it out as long as possible on the same phone. (Still two finger types on his mac and iPad.)

He was using my 9780 for while till he went to a few football games at McMahon stadium and he dropped to Rogers SOS and was a paperweight till he drove to another area after the game. Also I think showing off how he can talk on the phone during half time while everyone else is wondering what happened.

Has anyone did a speedtest lately of the CDMA network? I switched back to my Tour for a few days while I was at the lake and it didn't seem as zippy as I remember it back before I switched to HSPA. (Winter 2011)
    Speedtest is very fast here now... I think no people on the network
    I can get a solid 275 kbytes in dowload if i tether with my 9630

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cedqc418 View Post
    Speedtest is very fast here now... I think no people on the network
    I can get a solid 275 kbytes in dowload if i tether with my 9630

That's actually not bad. My 4S is getting 1580 kbytes download using the app and I'm in the middle of nowhere on the 21 Mbps area.

Device(s)
    Lots
    Carrier(s)
    Currently Videotron and Bell. Has used PM, Wind, Koodo, Koodo, Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Brantford View Post
    I still have a Nokia 2855i on PC Mobility. This uses Bell's CDMA, which roams on a lot of Telus towers in rural areas.
    Are you in Ottawa? Telus does not have any towers in rural areas around town...

-gmd

Carrier(s)
    TELUS HSPA - CDMA & Mike iDen
    Feedback Score
    9670 BB Style here! Loving it
    Customer Satisfaction & Client Loyalty & Retention is our #1 priority.

* We embrace change and initiate opportunity
    * We have a passion for growth
    * We believe in spirited teamwork
    * We have the courage to innovate

the future is friendly®
    TTM Wireless Ambassador 15: Unlimited Nationwide Calling & SMS-MMS + CID - VM25 - 2GB data = $15.00 + taxes

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast