Thread: MiFi 2200 not taking new MDN/MSID

Device(s)
    HTC One M8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

MiFi 2200 not taking new MDN/MSID

Hey All;

I can't seem to find a Novatel or data card forum but this is somewhat Sprint related so I can't post it here.

I ordered a new MiFi 2200 from CBeyond (Sprint MVNO) and it refuses to connect to the Sprint network--in the MiFi Admin page it keeps flipping between "EVDO Rev. A Connecting" and "Disconnected".

After talking to useless tech support (and spent 10 minutes explaining the my laptop is connected FINE--I can get to the damn Novatel admin screen via the wifi--and this is a NETWORK issue!), we finally verified that the device came pre-programmed with the correct MDN and MSID. After some hard resets (and it still remembering the old MDN and MSID--they said this is normal), it still wasn't working, they assigned a new phone number. The device refuses to accept the new MDN and MSID, and even when it says programming is successful, when it reboots it defaults back to the old one.

They are sending a new device--but it will take 2 weeks to get here and I really need this for work this week. My other one worked fine out of the box the first time.

Has anyone had this happen, and do you know of a fix? Everything about the device works fine--but I have the feeling that it is somehow not taking the programming, and that even when it listed the MSID and MDN correctly the first time, it wasn't getting to the network. Again, tech support is being useless.

Thanks!
    Nat

Sent from my SPH-D700 using HowardForums

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    A normal everyday occurence when I had a Sprint Mifi. You are on an overloaded tower.
    Get a refund and go with Verizon or AT&T.

Device(s)
    HTC One M8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Somehow I doubt that -- or the other identical MiFi wouldn't be working in the same place; I've never had a time when I can't connect w/ it.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using HowardForums