Thread: Using gps with iPhone on Straight Talk

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Using gps with iPhone on Straight Talk

I was wondering if I'll be fine with using gps on my iPhone on the AT&T Straight Talk side. I'll most likely be using the TomTom app from the app store but I'm not sure how much data I'll be using.

On average, how much data do you think I'll be using hourly?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by iphonetalk02 View Post
    I was wondering if I'll be fine with using gps on my iPhone on the AT&T Straight Talk side. I'll most likely be using the TomTom app from the app store but I'm not sure how much data I'll be using.

On average, how much data do you think I'll be using hourly?
    Don't have a number, but the consensus has been that gps data use shouldn't be a problem. Can't wait for iOS 6 for the new maps program. It's one of the things I severely miss about android (went to an iPhone in February). I often use Waze GPS app (it's free). It aggregates all the data from other users of the app to help warn you of traffic and police, and will reroute if traffic is a problem ahead of you. Only problem I have with it is that when you finish using the program, it keeps running in the background so that it can use your data, like your speed, to help the other people using the app. This in turn leavees the gps on, which drains the battery fast. So when you are done using it, need to double push the home button and close out the app.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket (
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Waze is def the life saver with iPhone, just switched to Galaxy Nexus was using Waze there as well but Google Navigation just wins in terms of satellite view and turn by turn navigation. Wish there was Google Maps for iPhone
    Click below for $25 Cricket Credit Referral
    mycricket.sparkrefer.com/4XcMBr9

Click below for $25 Cricket Credit Referral
    mycricket.sparkrefer.com/4Mhb8SD

Click Below for $25 Cricket Credit Referral
    https://mycricket.sparkrefer.com/4S9yQen

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by RobNyc View Post
    Waze is def the life saver with iPhone, just switched to Galaxy Nexus was using Waze there as well but Google Navigation just wins in terms of satellite view and turn by turn navigation. Wish there was Google Maps for iPhone
    Yeah, I'm wondering if, once iOS 6 is out and apple divorces itself from the google maps app on there now with their new in-house maps app, I google will actually release a descent version of google maps for iOS. It's my understanding that apple is the reason they haven't updated the maps app in quite a while, probably because they have been developing their own maps for a while to be released in the fall. Would be great to have both the new maps integrated with SIRI and a descent google maps as well.