Thread: Ntelos, Milestone X2 and FoxFi

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Ntelos, Milestone X2 and FoxFi

Just got an X2 during the free promo. Been with Ntelos for over a decade, and this is my first Android phone. I've been customizing it and have installed FoxFi (and the plugin), but whenever I start it up, it also fires up the Tethering and Mobile Hotspot Manager, and within 20 seconds it kills the 3g connection. It keeps trying to reconnect 3g, but every time it does it immediately kills the data connection. I'm sure Ntelos must have some way of sniffing this out via the manager, so is there anyway to get FoxFi to work without having to root and freeze the Manager? Any and all help appreciated. ps. not really looking to root the phone at this time. Thanks much!

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Just following up to say I got it working. The secret was.... patience. I fired it up again today and just let it keep running-- after about 3-4 minutes of the Manager coming up and repeatedly killing the 3g connection, the manager finally stopped running and went away and the 3G connection came back and stayed there. Was able to connect with my iPad to the hotspot and all is good. Not sure what to make of all of that but it did work -- just had to let it run for a bit. So yes, FoxFi will work with Ntelos.