Page 1 of 59 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Verizon's new Share Everything Plans discussion thread

Device(s)
    Note 9, S9, S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score

Exclamation Verizon's new Share Everything Plans discussion thread

Announced today:

http://solutions.vzwshop.com/shareev...an_details.pdf

http://solutions.vzwshop.com/shareeverything

http://news.verizonwireless.com/news...12-06-11e.html

Maybe it's just me, but these seem a bit.......pricy?
    According to the PDF, say you have two smartphones, that's $40 for each one for unlimited talk & text, then you have to choose a data plan, say 4GB shared that is $70, which = $150 per month!
    Now say if you did this using the current Family Share plans. For two lines with unlimited voice is it $120, then $30 for unlimited messaging, and 2GB of data for each line is $30 ($60 total), which would = $210!
    So in actuality, you'd be saving $60 a month.

You really have to do the math and price it out to see if you would have any savings.
    Still, people that are grandfathered in with unlimited data would probably opt to keep that and not change plans.
    Last edited by FAUguy; 06-15-2012 at 05:21 PM.
    ==>My Amazon page with LED car headlight bulbs: Diamond Vision LED

=>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Play (Vzw), Moto Z Play (PP)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    If I am reading this all correctly, June 28 will mark the end to keeping unlimited data when you upgrade at a subsidized/discounted price.

Device(s)
    Note 9, S9, S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltA View Post
    If I am reading this all correctly, June 28 will mark the end to keeping unlimited data when you upgrade at a subsidized/discounted price.
    If are on unlimited and pay the full retail for a phone, you will keep the unlimited data.
    But if you want the 2-years price, then they will force you onto a current data plan.

Feedback Score
    I was looking at adding someone to my plan before, but with this change it will actually be cheaper as we don't use tons of data. Having to buy such a large bucket for each line was keeping me away from a family plan.

I think this will work out in favor of most average users.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by goaliemn View Post
    I was looking at adding someone to my plan before, but with this change it will actually be cheaper as we don't use tons of data. Having to buy such a large bucket for each line was keeping me away from a family plan.

Yes, it really depends on the person/family. Some ways it could be cheaper with the regular Family Share plan if you use less minutes and not a lot of messaging, but if you need unlimited voice & text, then the Share Everything could work out better.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Wow. I hope they don't force individuals onto these plans because if they do, the monthly charge is going to be outrageous. For an individual with 2gb of data is going to cost 100 + tax.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by goaliemn View Post

It can benefit those on family plans, I absolutely can see that.

Anyone on an individual plan who doesn't talk a lot, or even use a lot of data it is a ripoff. I see Verizon doesn't value my business and will be switching. For what I use now, about 2.5-3GB of data, I'd pay approximately $42 more a month. No thanks.
    AT&T: 2003 (gophone) & 2008-2009 & 2013-Present
    Cingular: 2003-2006
    Sprint: 2006-2007 & 2009-2011
    Verizon Wireless: 2001-2003 & 2011-2013

Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IlKevinlI View Post
    Wow. I hope they don't force individuals onto these plans because if they do, the monthly charge is going to be outrageous.
    $90 just for 1 device and 1GB of data, they es loco. Prepaid will really take off then.
    iPhone Xs Max , At&t Unlimited Plus Austin, TX .................... Grande 1000/50, $69.99/month

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Are these prices only for the shared plans? Have they mentioned anything about individual plans? Surely, those would be a bit less.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 with KitKat 4.4.2
    I charge forward recklessly, leaving chaos in my wake.
    Boycott phones that lack microSD storage and removable batteries! Do not allow the user experience to be diminished!
    @moonwolf789

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    any word on how "employee discounts" work? also I thought that for the 1st line you didn't have to add a $40 fee for a smartphone only on the 2nd, 3rd etc etc?

edit

hmmm

per this you pay $40 per smartphone - so I would be paying $80 just for the phones plus data bundle??? EFFF them!

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    Announced today:

http://solutions.vzwshop.com/shareeverything

http://news.verizonwireless.com/news...12-06-11e.html

Maybe it's just me, but these seem a bit.......pricy?
    According to the PDF, say you have two smartphones, that's $40 for each one for unlimited talk & text, then you have to choose a data plan, say 4GB shared that is $70, which = $150 per month!
    Now say if you did this using the current Family Share plans. For two lines with unlimited voice is it $120, then $30 for each to have unlimited messaging ($60 total), and 2GB of data for each line is $30 ($60 total), which would = $240!
    So in actuality, you'd be saving $90 a month.

You really have to do the math and price it out to see if you would have any savings.
    Still, people that are grandfathered in with unlimited data would probably opt to keep that and not change plans.
    Very expensive. As it is currently, with a smartphone, it's +10 to add the line, then +30 for the data bucket (or formerly Unlimited)... with the double data promotion, you could've had 8 GB for 2 devices between them, for 70 bucks (adding in the +10 add-a-line). 8 gigs shared costs 90 dollars...

If you have the benefit of corporate discounts, it may have been more economical to stay on individual plans so you'd have discounts across the board... so even individual plans, let's say you stay under the minutes between unlimited nights/weekends, calling other Verizon customers... you could have 90 dollar plans x2... with anywhere from 15-25% discounts on voice + data features. I pay 78/mo for my phone, my wife 74. We'll call it 160 between the 2 of us, 180 without discounts (if they are in fact going away)... it would cost me 180 dollars for 8 gigs on this shared everything plan.

The only way I can see this being economical is if you use tablets. You'd save 20 dollars per tablet... and presumably your data usage would be split between the devices you own anyway.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by johnner1999 View Post
    any word on how "employee discounts" work?
    Anyone know?

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    They should have some plans for less money that don't include unlimited minutes and messaging. Not everyone needs unlimited minutes, even if they are being shared.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Duke View Post
    They should have some plans for less money that don't include unlimited minutes and messaging. Not everyone needs unlimited minutes, even if they are being shared.
    That's why they're giving you the unlimited minutes and texts... because less and less people are using huge numbers of minutes and texts - people are beginning to opt for instant messengers or video chats.

And since I can't edit my posts on my work computer (IE7 garbage)... this is to add on to my other post. $30 unlimited text on a family plan covers every device on the plan - it isn't per device. So they're forcing an upsell on you into the unlimited minutes world, when perhaps they weren't needed before...

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile (2014-)
    Feedback Score
    I think for the astronomical cost of the new data plans they should have rollover. Any unused data rolls over to the next month.

Page 1 of 59 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 ... LastLast