Page 19 of 59 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Verizon's new Share Everything Plans discussion thread

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by squash2j View Post
    Okay. I just want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly before I quit thinking about it for a while.
    EDIT: Reference to June 26 below is incorrect. Please ignore.

I believe you will have to pay full retail for that iPhone 5. There's no way it will drop so you could upgrade before June 26th which is the deadline for subsidized upgrades (NOT the 28th) without losing the unlimited data feature.

Don't confuse those two dates!

June28th is just the day the new plans take effect. June 26th -- two days before that -- is the last day for subsidized upgrades without losing unlimited data.

Perspective instantiates reality.
    [From DX by HoFo app.]
    Last edited by TC_Mits; 06-15-2012 at 08:58 AM.
    Learning Android root on my SGSIII while waiting for Ubuntu Phone OS.

The Borg has assimilated US: Supreme Court Blocks Ban on Corporate Political Spending ~ "Resistance is futile."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cares View Post
    Share Everything is an option and not being forced on anyone nor is it the only plan moving forward. New and old customers can still sign up for existing phone plans!
    AP Artcle that says otherwise

"Verizon Wireless, the nation's largest cellphone company, is phasing out nearly all of its existing phone plans and replacing them with pricing schemes that encourage customers to connect their non-phone devices, like tablets and PCs, to the Verizon network."

Feedback Score
    That last post reminded me that I have also heard stories of grandfathered unlimited peeps on AT&T and VZW having power to jump from one to the next and keep that long after they were gone on both sides while leaving out of contract. I am not sure how possible that is if you only have one or two lines, but if you have several lines and a pretty sizable current bill it's only good business for AT&T to offer a similar setup to what you already have if they want to get you and lock you down for two years or vise versa for Verizon.

Basically I am guessing if you are savvy and a good negotiator I am guessing you don't even have to live on a singular network the rest of your days with unlimited so long as there is a way to bill anyone as unlimited and there are sales and retention peeps with the power to set you up that way. If you you hundreds of GB per unlimited line and they catch wind of that before you close the deal it might be rough, but if you aren't a ridiculous user so much as somewhat high and capable of sizable overages rarely you can probably do pretty well with what you have.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'm glad people are finally getting it. Share Everything is an option and not being forced on anyone nor is it the only plan moving forward. New and old customers can still sign up for existing phone plans! Please get this right and stop spreading false information. The note that new customers can only get Share Everything from the internal training documentation is incorrect.
    Someone should tell Verizon

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerWorld
    Raney also confirmed Wednesday that new customers to Verizon Wireless "will only be offered the Share Everything Plans"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TC_Mits View Post
    I believe you will have to pay full retail for that iPhone 5. There's no way it will drop so you could upgrade before June 26th which is the deadline for subsidized upgrades (NOT the 28th) without losing the unlimited data feature.

Don't confuse those two dates!

June28th is just the day the new plans take effect. June 26th -- two days before that -- is the last day for subsidized upgrades without losing unlimited data.

[From DX by HoFo app.]
    Thanks for your response. Just to be clear, the line that we would be purchasing the subsidized upgrade on is NOT the line with grandfathered unlimited data. But we would be ACTIVATING it on the line with the grandfathered unlimited data. These are 2 completely separate lines. Wouldn't it be the same as someone selling their subsidized phone to me on ebay or craigslist and me activating it on my line?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jseah View Post
    Apparently, for those two lines when you upgrade them to the iPhone 5, you can simply sign up for a tiered data plan. This will allow your two smartphone lines to keep unlimited data.
    I've been trying to find VZ confirmation as that was my initial thought. But now I'm not sure if they'd qualify for the subsidy if they are not part of a 'share everything' plan.

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score
    Fine "line" there. There has been some discussion about that very sort of thing and it's not yet real clear how vzw will deal with it. Some are saying that ANY sim swaps will kill unlimited data on that line. It's still not cleared up,

Look between posts 240 and ~255 or so for part of that discussion.

[From DX by HoFo app.]

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by squash2j View Post
    Thanks for your response. Just to be clear, the line that we would be purchasing the subsidized upgrade on is NOT the line with grandfathered unlimited data. But we would be ACTIVATING it on the line with the grandfathered unlimited data. These are 2 completely separate lines. Wouldn't it be the same as someone selling their subsidized phone to me on ebay or craigslist and me activating it on my line?
    Sort of, but it can be complicated. Tell them you want to do a "transfer upgrade". You can do it yourself online easily or over the phone, or even in store if they do the preorders in store, or if you aren't ordering the GSIII. This upgrade does technically go to the eligible for upgrade line, but you agree to keep unlimited data on your unlimited line and don't have to upgrade the eligible line. Just make sure you call in when you activate the phone just to make sure it all works out okay. That's what I'm doing after using the upgrade on my sister's line. You should be fine, but it is always best to do things on verizon's terms to ensure you avoid as many potential headaches as possible.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Zappy View Post
    I've been trying to find VZ confirmation as that was my initial thought. But now I'm not sure if they'd qualify for the subsidy if they are not part of a 'share everything' plan.
    The only "confirmation" we have that current unlimited customers can use a subsidized upgrade and move from the unlimited data to the tiered 2GB/5GB/10GB data plan currently available, is on page 2 of the leaked training documents. Cares says these are outdated though, according to the vzw people he/she chatted with.

Since this is a leak, it is highly unofficial and not guaranteed to be valid. It is the best info we have to go on right now, but we really need an official confirmation of many details from verizon at this point, and the fact that they haven't said anything yet makes it clear that they are trying to figure things out themselves, after seeing how consumers responded to their initial announcement.

Device(s)
    Droid Turbo 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless (1994, GTE MobileNet)
    Feedback Score
    My understanding is that the way it works now, a SIM is provisioned with certain services, so a SIM that comes with a data-only device like a MiFi or tablet will not include voice minutes and text messaging (if put into a voice-capable device, voice calls will be billed at a per minute rate, and text messages billed by the message). A SIM for a voice and data device like a smartphone includes voice minutes, and works just fine in a data-only device. So while VZW may not be able to distinguish between data-only devices like MiFi vs. tablet, they would certainly be able to deal with a SIM being moved from a data-only device to a smartphone, just as they are now. If you are going to be using your smartphone only for data, why should they care if you put in a SIM at the data-only rate?

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ben7337 View Post
    ... the fact that they haven't said anything yet makes it clear that they are trying to figure things out themselves, after seeing how consumers responded to their initial announcement.
    So we really need more squawk about sim swaps!

[From DX by HoFo app.]

Device(s)
    S3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You mean before the 26th, right?

The new stuff takes effect on the 28th, but the last day to upgrade under subsidy without losing unlimited data is June 26th, two days before the changes.

We need to be careful not to confuse people because a lot of folks are gonna unknowingly forfeit unlimited data on the 27th. I believe she set that trap on purpose and with 'malice aforethought'.

...just out of curiosity - where are you getting the 26th? All I've seen is "before the 28th" which would be... the 27th?

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophelia View Post
    ...just out of curiosity - where are you getting the 26th? All I've seen is "before the 28th" which would be... the 27th?
    Appx post #190 +/- in RAZR HD thread. Looking for better source...

[From DX by HoFo app.]

Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO X4, Iphone 6S On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'm glad people are finally getting it. Share Everything is an option and not being forced on anyone nor is it the only plan moving forward. New and old customers can still sign up for existing phone plans! Please get this right and stop spreading false information. The note that new customers can only get Share Everything from the internal training documentation is incorrect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zappy View Post
    Yeah I think Cares is wrong on this because a majority of what I've read indicates there will not be an option after June 28th. I do realize he was told that by VZW employee's however it seems as if employees aren't entirely clear on what's going to happen with these new plans. I just submitted a response through planet feedback to ask if there will be a choice between the old plans and new plans after June 28th. Planet feedback has been known to go to higher ups within Verizon, if I get a response I'll post it.

Feedback Score
    Appx post #190 +/- in RAZR HD thread. Looking for better source...

[From DX by HoFo app.]
    I may have said that and I got it from this guy that's the top post on the original droid-life post claiming it was on CNET. It's possible it originated as a fat finger technically though after I realized where I found it and can't seem to see it in what seems to be the original CNET post.

Stupid fat fingers!

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/06/12...xt/#more-72313

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-574...?tag=txt;title

Page 19 of 59 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast