View Poll Results: Which Phone to get...

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Motorola Razr Maxx

27 61.36%
  • Samsung Galaxy III

17 38.64%
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Morotorla Razr Maxx or Samsung Galaxy III

Device(s)
    LG Dare
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Morotorla Razr Maxx or Samsung Galaxy III

Hello All,

It's time for an upgrade... Which phone should I get... Motorola Razr Maxx or Samsung Galaxy III... The one pro that I see is of getting the Motorola Razr Maxx is that you can soon put in a GSM chip in... (when I take an international trip abroad).... hmmmmmm

Device(s)
    Samsung U430 (fully functioinal bluetooth)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
    Hello All,

It's time for an upgrade... Which phone should I get... Motorola Razr Maxx or Samsung Galaxy III... The one pro that I see is of getting the Motorola Razr Maxx is that you can soon put in a GSM chip in... (when I take an international trip abroad).... hmmmmmm
    You only mention one thing that's important to you and I think that's to come via update; and nothing that you do. Aside from those, consider two other things: the timing of changes to unlimited data if you already have that, and a Father's Day Sale thru the 17th on some Motorola.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using HowardForums

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Consider RF. Its a phone first. Maxx is stellar. Samsung just hasn't got it figured out yet. Oh, lets not forget battery.

Device(s)
    Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    In the same boat as the OP since I lost my Droid X
    Same Ol' Shiznit, Just More Dropped Calls!

It Better Be Obvious That My Views Do Not Express The Views/Opinions Of T-Mobile USA Inc. Or Anyone Or Anything Linked Or Connected To T-Mobile In Anyway. Anything & Everything I Say Should Be Viewed Or Taken As My Own Suggestion/Opinion & Has No Reflection On My Company T-Mobile USA Inc.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 Edge
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Galaxy S3

I had the Maxx, and yes it was one of the best sounding for phone calls. But who actually talks on thier mobile phones anymore? I'd go with the newest plus I like how the S3 has copied the iPhone with one physical button complemented by two touch buttons.

Feedback Score
    Does the new Samsung GS3 have SVDO on 3G? How's the battery life? Those are also important to know before making a decision.

Device(s)
    Note 9, S9, S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    The Galaxy Nexus has horrible 4G reception, so if the GSIII has the same issue, I'd say go for the Maxx. Plus you get the higher capacity battery.
    ==>My Amazon page with LED car headlight bulbs: Diamond Vision LED

=>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Device(s)
    Note 9, S9, S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam73065 View Post
    Does the new Samsung GS3 have SVDO on 3G? How's the battery life? Those are also important to know before making a decision.
    Won't know I'd SVDO while over 3G EVDO is supported until it comes out, but I know the Thunderbolt and Rezound does support it, but not sure if the Galaxy Nexus did.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    wait longer for the Razr Maxx HD !!?

Moto leaked that phone 10000 times
    verizon has to sell it at one point
    please dont make the Bionic mistake again

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b005td View Post
    please dont make the Bionic mistake again
    ?¿?¿?¿?. Cool, holding certain keys down produces different keys.★

From my Bionic.

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PACWEST View Post
    I had the Maxx, and yes it was one of the best sounding for phone calls. But who actually talks on thier mobile phones anymore?
    It's not just calls, it's data drops as well. Seems like that is one of the biggest complaints from users with the first two incarnations. Maybe Sammy finally got their collective crap together and the 3 will be third time it's a charm, but I doubt it. Solid RF and solid Data is the biggest requirement IMHO. The rest of the fluff is worthless without it.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid Razr Maxx
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I have the Maxx, and I must say it is top notch. RF is second to none and data is as well. It switched between 3G and 4G with no problems at all. The battery life is truly amazing for a 4G phone. Overall an excelent device.
    The US Department of Justice said today:

"AT&T could obtain substantially the same network enhancements that it claims will come from the transaction if it simply invested in its own network without eliminating a close competitor..."

It's The Network, That Never Stops Working For You.

Verizon Wireless Customer Council member since August 2006. Currently Testing: Motorola Droid Bionic

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The SIII should hands down be the better device. It has a better processor, MUCH better camera, much better and bigger screen, ICS out of the box and a vastly superior UI experience compared to Motorolas hideous custom user interface.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chris4434 View Post
    The SIII should hands down be the better device. It has a better processor, MUCH better camera, much better and bigger screen, ICS out of the box and a vastly superior UI experience compared to Motorolas hideous custom user interface.
    Still have to connect unless you just want to play solitaire; then ipod would be cheaper.

The interface on mine is minimal as OEM's have gone that way and hardly hideous. Besides, roms are always available.
    Last edited by Steveanderson13; 06-04-2012 at 07:21 PM.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    I think motorolas have the best rf, I think even better than Nokia from my experience.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast