Thread: what would be the best way to go about activating an iphone on pageplus?

Feedback Score

what would be the best way to go about activating an iphone on pageplus?

I've had my droid x on pageplus for months and months now and it's great. and I just bought an iphone and decided it was worth the risk of it getting deactivated. I can turn it over for just as much as i purchased it for, if not more, if it ends up getting deactivated. Before anyone tells me anything, YES, I already know it's against page plus's terms and policies. YES, I am willing to deal with the repercussions if it ever gets deactivated. YES, I am aware that MMS probably will not work. I am fully aware of everything. I figured it was just worth taking the chance because I know people do it all the time and I got an amazing deal on the phone. All I would like to do is simply port my current number from my droid x over to this iphone. So what would be the best way to go about doing it? Going through the website, calling in to pageplus customer service, finding a dealer on ebay? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. ANY HELP. Thank you guys, SO SO much ahead of time!!!

Brandon

Feedback Score
    iphone 4 btw

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    What you're describing is NOT a port. It is an ESN change. Call PPC CS or use the PPC online CS chat. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. After multiple attempts, if PPC CS simply won't do it now because of the recent (second) iPhone/PPC debacle, you'll have to try a dealer.

Feedback Score
    My son did his iphone 4 several weeks ago via phone call to page plus. They new it was an iphone and set it and ported his number over from straight talk no problems. It doesn't seem to be an issue any more. And would just be a esn change and easier to do on the online chat like the previous post says.

Sent from my DROIDX using HowardForums

Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    You might want to read the following post by Denny before attempting to activate the Iphone.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...ll-NOT-Allowed

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMountainMan View Post
    You might want to read the following post by Denny before attempting to activate the Iphone.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...ll-NOT-Allowed
    I don't know if you read my post completely but I made it very clear that I was already aware of pageplus's standings on iPhones... And for everyone else thank you so much!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    What you're describing is NOT a port. It is an ESN change. Call PPC CS or use the PPC online CS chat. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. After multiple attempts, if PPC CS simply won't do it now because of the recent (second) iPhone/PPC debacle, you'll have to try a dealer.
    what's the best and easiest way to go about finding a "dealer" that will activate it? Thank you so much for your help by the way! It's greatly appreciated.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MTN1 View Post
    what's the best and easiest way to go about finding a "dealer" that will activate it? Thank you so much for your help by the way! It's greatly appreciated.
    My suggestion would be to look for a dealer with an online form, that way you just fill in the info without getting the dealer personally in trouble. The online form activations have worked well in the past. I would give you a link, but that is against the TOS for Howard Forums

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    You can search Google for dealers, or you can also find them on eBay. Just make sure the eBay dealers have a high number of good feedback.