Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Feedback Score

is the iPhone 3GS still worth having?

i just ordered a new 3gs from att cause it was free, but is it worth keeping ro should i just send it right back to att and just use tmobile exhibit 2 4g, i talked to att and they said i could send the phone back charge free when i get it if id like just aslong as i dont activate it, what shuld i do?

Phone
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier
    American Telephone & Telegraph Company
    Feedback Score
    You should get at least an iPhone 4 for a mere $100 more. It's a no-brainer. The retina display alone is worth it, not to mention the faster A4 processor, double RAM, FaceTime camera, and everything else. iPhone 3GS is not worth having anymore.

PRL Interpretations
    XFF's AlphaTag software
    Cellular and PCS License Maps
    Quote Originally Posted by gpatrick900
    I am a little confused. My Verizon phone was able to roam on GSM because they used TDMA. Tell it was shutdown. The phone recognizes it as Analog. If PCS has TDMA, It could be technically be used on GSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabla View Post
    Y'know, I'm used to hysterical 14-year-old ******** on the internet, but this is exceptional. Never before in human history have so many nerds hyperventilated so publicly over so little.

Phone
    Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, Moto G7
    Carrier
    AT&T,
    Feedback Score
    IPhone4 at $99, is a better deal.

*Sent from my HTC inspire using HowardForums*

Phone
    Nokia 5310 w/Jabra BT250V handsfree, Nokia 6010, Nokia 6030
    Carrier
    T-Mobile US, Fido, T-Mobile NL, Orange IL
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisfarms View Post
    i just ordered a new 3gs from att cause it was free, but is it worth keeping ro should i just send it right back to att and just use tmobile exhibit 2 4g, i talked to att and they said i could send the phone back charge free when i get it if id like just aslong as i dont activate it, what shuld i do?

If money is all you're dealing with then get a 3GS, but also consider like other comments that for only $100 more you can get an iPhone 4. Also consider that the older iPhone "new" models you can only get an 8GB model new.
    Moderator yahoogroups forum T-Mobile-US http://groups.yahoo.com/group/T-Mobile-US

Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I'd get the 4S, or the 4 if you're on a budget. 3GS is a great phone, but not really worth getting when newer iPhone models aren't that much more expensive to aquire.

Feedback Score
    i mean i see all of your points that its only 100$ more for a 4 but 100$ is alot when my job made cut backs and now im lucky to get 25 hours a week.

Tbh i dont care about having new and better just something nice and reliable.

Phone
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The 3GS is reliable and you at least still get iOS 4 with it. In the grand scheme of things and what you're paying, the $99 difference isn't much, but for some it still matters. I think you'll still like it.

Feedback Score
    Why not just AT&T to send you a iPhone 2G 4GB while you are at it?

Seems you like getting stuck with JUNK!

/JK.. seriously how about just wait for iPhone5 and then use your upgrade...

This is last minute dumping of stock, dont listen to anyone who says iPhone 3G is worthwhile... its old garbage now...

RETURN IT NOW!!!!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AahH View Post

This is last minute dumping of stock, dont listen to anyone who says iPhone 3G is worthwhile... its old garbage now...

RETURN IT NOW!!!!!
    morale to the story is i never have and never will pay 200$ for a phone if i have to pay 90$ a month for it

Phone
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier
    American Telephone & Telegraph Company
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xcrunner View Post
    The 3GS is reliable and you at least still get iOS 4 with it.
    Actually, iPhone 3GS runs iOS 5 now, but it will get left behind sooner or later. In fact when they announce iOS 6 next month, iPhone 3GS may or may not get it. We'll see...

Phone
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I actually meant iOS 5 (the latest). Apparently I can't even remember what version I'm running anymore

Phone
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AahH View Post

RETURN IT NOW!!!!!
    If you've been paying attention to this thread it's not about iPhone 3G it's about iPhone 3GS. If the 3GS wasn't "worth it" Apple wouldn't continue to sell it as a new item three years later.

Phone
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisfarms View Post
    morale to the story is i never have and never will pay 200$ for a phone if i have to pay 90$ a month for it
    Morale to the story!!??

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Telekom View Post
    Morale to the story!!??
    that everyone keeps reccomending a 4s thats 200$ and i asked about a free phone you cant compare a 200$ phone with a 99 cent phone.. its like comparing a 2012 corvette with a 80's corvette. OFC the new 1 is going to be faster more advanced and newer... but is the old 1 still worth the investment

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Telekom View Post
    If you've been paying attention to this thread it's not about iPhone 3G it's about iPhone 3GS. If the 3GS wasn't "worth it" Apple wouldn't continue to sell it as a new item three years later.
    oops, that was a typo, but it does not change the fact that the 3Gs is an outdated piece of iPoop for a "new" purchase...

Yes it is still good for usage if all you do is basic things, heck I still have an iPhone 2G but I gave it to a family member and purchased a $60 Android prepaid phone because that was a match specswise to the iPhone 3Gs.. Think about that!

Anyhoo all things tech must come to and end... unless it was $99 prepaid I would not touch it.. hey, here in canada we were getting iPhone 4 for $200 no contract and I did not buy it! Imagine that! and YES the trick was to sign up and then cancel the contract, cancel fee was $150...

that was the iPhone 4... how can the iPhone 3Gs be worth it now?

And I am not fibbing check out RedFlagdeals Rogers iPhone 4 $200... it went on for a month... so it was not a mistake... house clearing time!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast