Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sprint Announces Plans to Shut Down its Legacy IDEN Network Next Year

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pcsfan View Post
    And crown King Donahue and supreme leader Obrien laughed all the way to the the bank.The 36 billlion dollars and 20 million Iden customers were all but lost.Leaving the morons at Sprint with a very very expensive sliver of SMR spectrum.Has to rate as the dumbest deal ever by a US telecommunication firm.It probably can never be duplicated.You cant be that stupid twice.
    Sprint is being run by an incompetent team led by CEO clown Dn Hesse similar to the one in place when Iden was purchased.Analysts on the street give them a 60 percent chance of bankruptsy on their current path.Their stock is almost worthless 2.53 right now how sad is that.It is a simple fact they are the laughing stock of the telecommunications industry.Who pays 36 billion for an asset as big as Nextel only to lose most of its customers and boasts about its soon to be network vision coverage.Hey the sliver of SMR spectrum cost 36 billion plus the cost of vision deployment which aint cheap either.Surely Sprint has nothing to gloat about here.Hopefully it wont result in the demise of a very poorly run company.Adding the poor decision of deploying wimax almost creates a perfect storm leading to their demise.

Device(s)
    Motorola V950 Renegade
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Ok so the answer to my query is a resounding "no" which is what I figured. And quoting and replying to one's self...very odd.
    Thrill me...

Device(s)
    LG G6, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pcsfan View Post
    Sprint is being run by an incompetent team led by CEO clown Dn Hesse similar to the one in place when Iden was purchased.Analysts on the street give them a 60 percent chance of bankruptsy on their current path.Their stock is almost worthless 2.53 right now how sad is that.It is a simple fact they are the laughing stock of the telecommunications industry.Who pays 36 billion for an asset as big as Nextel only to lose most of its customers and boasts about its soon to be network vision coverage.Hey the sliver of SMR spectrum cost 36 billion plus the cost of vision deployment which aint cheap either.Surely Sprint has nothing to gloat about here.Hopefully it wont result in the demise of a very poorly run company.Adding the poor decision of deploying wimax almost creates a perfect storm leading to their demise.
    A lot of your post is relatively old news.

It wasn't Hesse & Co that got duped into buying Nextel. Nope, that was Forsee & Co who to this day gets about 84K a month as a pension for life from Sprint. Forsee viewed customer service (which was nothing short of pathetic) as an evil necessity under his leadership.

I'm not a fanboy of Hesse at all but given the cards he was dealt I'm not so sure what else could have been done.

Device(s)
    LG K7 (T-Mobile Prepaid) LG G2 (AT&T BYOP)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I don't know if this was posted anywhere but..

http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/article.php?a=10565

Sprint No Longer Selling iDEN-Based Phones

Mobile phones that work on Sprint's iDEN-based Nextel network are no longer available from Sprint's web site. iDEN phones are also no longer available from Boost Mobile's web site. Boost Mobile is a prepaid provider that sold iDEN devices that ran on Sprint's iDEN network. Phone Scoop called several local Sprint stores and was told by each that iDEN-based phones are no longer available..

Device(s)
    Motorola V950 Renegade
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Good......

Device(s)
    I880
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by underlord2 View Post
    I don't know if this was posted anywhere but..

http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/article.php?a=10565
    This must have been recent because when I made my first post about this shutdown Iden phone were still for sale on Nextel and Boost's site also Boost Mobile Is owned by sprint they try there best to hide this from the consumer but I can assure your Boost is a sister company of Sprint/Nextel I have Emails from Sprint's domain directly from Boost mobiles support that were sent to me when I started a case against them with my state AG! they are running scared you would not believe how high up in the company I have gotten so far with little work on my part! This is why I believe there may be another class action suit against them and they are trying to make me happy so I stop pursuing this! but I won't the Cell company's in the US forget we are there pay checks and with out us they would go under! I am old school when it comes to being American the customer is always right even when we are wrong (they don't get the outrageous profits) you have to give the customer what they want!!! not what the company says/brainwashes consumers in to believing they want!! I still stand to my opinion about the Nextel/Iden network it was never meant to be used for Cell/Phone service it was a 2way communication tool that someone had the bright idea to add phone service to! it is still in use as such in many commercial vehicles and there is going to be a backlash of some sort when that service is affected also I know 2way satellite is a option for large trucking company's but there are still smaller company's that satellite service is not a cost effective option this is kind of off topic but not because it is about the Iden network and what it's primary function is/was!

Device(s)
    I880
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    There are 10's of thousands of similar units like this that use the Iden Network I have read into some info on a mandate that will be forcing company's to upgrade replace all there units, some are volunteer fire company's that do not have to funding to do this!! http://www.motorola.com/Business/US-...L%202500_US-EN
    I am unsure if this is a Iden unit but there are similar ones that are I have used them! what are these cash strapped volunteer fire company's going to do when the plug is pulled? have a bake sale to raise $100,000.00 to replace there systems this it the point I am trying to get across this is not just about Nextel opening up to the consumer market but about what Iden was meant for most consumers have no Idea what the system was really used for Consumers were just a risk to increase profits for Motorola and Nextel. these systems have priority over the network have you ever been unable to get your phone to make a DC connection with full bars? that is because the tower may have been dedicated to a emergency in the area you were in!! did any one with a Nextel phone wonder what the OTA feature was on the handsets? it's for government use to make sure they have a channel open for them and yes it can kill you PTT connection and take over cut off your conversation so say a Fire Co can use a overloaded tower! you can't use the feature unless authorized and activated.

Device(s)
    Motorola V950 Renegade
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by saboken View Post
    This must have been recent because when I made my first post about this shutdown Iden phone were still for sale on Nextel and Boost's site also Boost Mobile Is owned by sprint they try there best to hide this from the consumer but I can assure your Boost is a sister company of Sprint/Nextel I have Emails from Sprint's domain directly from Boost mobiles support that were sent to me when I started a case against them with my state AG! they are running scared you would not believe how high up in the company I have gotten so far with little work on my part! This is why I believe there may be another class action suit against them and they are trying to make me happy so I stop pursuing this!
    Boost isn't a sister company to Sprint, they're a wholly owned division of Sprint. While I can appreciate you wanting to give yourself a lot of credit for your detective work, this is actually pretty common knowledge. As far as them trying to hide that fact...: http://newsroom.boostmobile.com/company-overview not doing such a great job of that, eh?

Device(s)
    I880
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan702 View Post
    Boost isn't a sister company to Sprint, they're a wholly owned division of Sprint. While I can appreciate you wanting to give yourself a lot of credit for your detective work, this is actually pretty common knowledge. As far as them trying to hide that fact...: http://newsroom.boostmobile.com/company-overview not doing such a great job of that, eh?
    And yes Boost is a sister company to Sprint! or would a subdivision be a more appropriate definition? as far as Sprint denying they own Boost it is common practice for both Sprint and Boost to deny any affiliation!! Also I did not do any detective work about this I am just trying to make a point that it's not just the general consumer that will be impacted here maybe I am in the wrong place/forum since I am speaking of Iden there seems to be a bias towards Iden being created as a Cell Phone carrier! and this is not what the system was built for! I know I am repeating myself again!! It was the first digital 2 way radio network not a cell network!!!! it was before bag phones! when if you had the the money for a radio phone in your limo you had to ask a operator to dial a number for you! so how many detectives are there here pasting links to common and uncommon knowledge here? come on now are you trying to start a bashing because you did not like something I said? I started this conversation because there are more than just the big city drug dealers buying Boost phones and throwing them away when they get hot! there is a much larger commercial and government user base than consumer that pay higher rates for the service! I don't want credit for anything I have posted I guess this forem is about what Sprint's marketing has turned Iden into not about Iden as a communication tool.

Device(s)
    Motorola V950 Renegade
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by saboken View Post
    And yes Boost is a sister company to Sprint!
    No, it's not!

or would a subdivision be a more appropriate definition?
    Yes, that would be a more appropriate definition.

as far as Sprint denying they own Boost it is common practice for both Sprint and Boost to deny any affiliation!!
    It's such a common practice for them to deny affiliation that Boost puts it right on their website (see the link that was provided for you) that they are one of Sprint's prepaid brands!!

Also I did not do any detective work about this I am just trying to make a point that it's not just the general consumer that will be impacted here maybe I am in the wrong place/forum since I am speaking of Iden there seems to be a bias towards Iden being created as a Cell Phone carrier! and this is not what the system was built for! I know I am repeating myself again!! It was the first digital 2 way radio network not a cell network!!!! it was before bag phones! when if you had the the money for a radio phone in your limo you had to ask a operator to dial a number for you! so how many detectives are there here pasting links to common and uncommon knowledge here? come on now are you trying to start a bashing because you did not like something I said? I started this conversation because there are more than just the big city drug dealers buying Boost phones and throwing them away when they get hot! there is a much larger commercial and government user base than consumer that pay higher rates for the service! I don't want credit for anything I have posted I guess this forem is about what Sprint's marketing has turned Iden into not about Iden as a communication tool.
    That's nice and all, but it doesn't change the fact that in a little over a year Sprint will have shut their iDEN network for good.

Device(s)
    I880
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan702 View Post
    No, it's not!

Sister Company/Subdivision same differences!
    I'm sure there taxes are paid for separate company's and there separate on Wall Street

It's such a common practice for them to deny affiliation that Boost puts it right on their website (see the link that was provided for you) that they are one of Sprint's prepaid brands!!

And you could have never called there customer service and asked them ( They will deny it!!!! to your face) whats listed on there website is besides the point!!! the point is they lie to anyone that asks about the affiliation! Even though it is common knowledge.) And Thanks for being a detective and providing me the link but you missed the point!!!! what there site or any site says is irrelevant this is about the employees of Sprint/Boost denying there one and the same!! But again thanks for the link it looks nice!!

That's nice and all, but it doesn't change the fact that in a little over a year Sprint will have shut their iDEN network for good.
    Well Im not going to play mind games with you! If your ANTI Iden that's good for you! Iden is being shut down!!!! this is also common knowledge or this thread would not have been started!

Device(s)
    I880
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=Evan702;14830956]No, it's not!

sister company

Definition

A company which is owned by the same parent company as another company. One parent company can have one or many subsidiaries, which all are sister companies to each other.

Read more: http://www.businessdictionary.com/de...#ixzz1xIZueMj6

Here is a link to help you with better understanding English Terminology!

Mod Edit: Providing links to help educate is admirable however, disparaging remarks that are off topic and include a whole group of people not involved with this thread are not!! 1 + <2> = <1>
    Last edited by YoDude; 06-09-2012 at 11:11 AM. Reason: warning

Device(s)
    Ace,V950
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    <snip>

Mod Edit: Stay on topic please.
    Last edited by YoDude; 06-09-2012 at 11:10 AM. Reason: warning

Device(s)
    Motorola V950 Renegade
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    mod edited: enough is enough, cut the bickering out, or this thread will be closed and bans may be issued.
    Last edited by martin_j001; 06-09-2012 at 03:11 PM. Reason: warning, again.

Device(s)
    I880
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score

Delete My Account Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well Ban Me!!!!!!!!!! I wanted to close my account anyway!!! I started a legitimate conversation!!! about Sprint and there practices to Skr**w the consumers and a large government base!!! I have other places to be besides here apparently no one is moderating this until a complaint is made!! also I have been here for a while looking for info and providing help when I could and a lot of people were thankful for the info I provided, it's time to move on to better places so please remove my account don't bother banning me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't appreciate being giving a warning for something I did not start!!!!!!!!!! this board has become a disgrace DELETE MY ACCOUNT!!!! I have my own domain and board running!!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast