Motorola V950 Renegade
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up Sprint can deploy LTE in SMR band

http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/article.php?a=10502

FCC Greenlights LTE Use in 800MHz Band

Today, 8:33 AM by Eric M. Zeman

The Federal Communications Commission this week approved the use of LTE and other 3G radio technologies in the 800MHz spectrum band. Previously, the 800MHz band was limited to certain 2G technologies. The move will allow Sprint to eventually use its 800MHz spectrum holdings for its future LTE network. Sprint is still operating its iDEN network in the 800MHz band now, but is slowly decommissioning iDEN cell sites. Sprint has already received 3GPP certification for Band Class 26 to use its 800MHz spectrum for LTE. This week's action by the FCC specifically removes certain technical restrictions faced by Specialized Mobile Radio (SMR) licensees by allowing them to "operate across contiguous channels without a rigid channel spacing requirement or bandwidth limitation." The new rules also protect public safety from interference in the 800MHz band.
    Thrill me...

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan702 View Post

The Federal Communications Commission this week approved the use of LTE and other 3G radio technologies in the 800MHz spectrum band. Previously, the 800MHz band was limited to certain 2G technologies. The move will allow Sprint to eventually use its 800MHz spectrum holdings for its future LTE network. Sprint is still operating its iDEN network in the 800MHz band now, but is slowly decommissioning iDEN cell sites. Sprint has already received 3GPP certification for Band Class 26 to use its 800MHz spectrum for LTE. This week's action by the FCC specifically removes certain technical restrictions faced by Specialized Mobile Radio (SMR) licensees by allowing them to "operate across contiguous channels without a rigid channel spacing requirement or bandwidth limitation." The new rules also protect public safety from interference in the 800MHz band.
    What???What???But SMR is Schedule 90 spectrum, the FCC can't do that? Sprint can't do that??? Take that, you IDENites! Ha,ha, ha...I told you so! God this is sweet. Almost as sweet as when they got approved for putting 1x on 800 SMR. Sprint, just go out and execute.
    In a little while, see if you can find a way of snatching another 3+3MHz to get yourself a 10+10 allotment.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsnake49 View Post
    What???What???But SMR is Schedule 90 spectrum, the FCC can't do that? Sprint can't do that??? Take that, you IDENites! Ha,ha, ha...I told you so! God this is sweet. Almost as sweet as when they got approved for putting 1x on 800 SMR. Sprint, just go out and execute.
    In a little while, see if you can find a way of snatching another 3+3MHz to get yourself a 10+10 allotment.
    I would really like to see Sprint obtain the 810-817 MHz and 851-862 MHz spectrum at some point in the future once iDEN (mainly SouthernLinc would be the only major provider of iDEN) goes away so that Sprint can get a huge contiguous spectrum band of 810-824 MHz and 851-869 MHz. Imagine that...once CDMA goes away, if Sprint had this available spectrum, they could deploy a 10x10 LTE carrier and a 3x3 LTE carrier all in 800 MHz with great building penetration.

*sigh* one can only dream.

Device(s)
    Motorola V950 Renegade
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsnake49 View Post
    What???What???But SMR is Schedule 90 spectrum, the FCC can't do that? Sprint can't do that??? Take that, you IDENites! Ha,ha, ha...I told you so! God this is sweet. Almost as sweet as when they got approved for putting 1x on 800 SMR.
    It's kind of amusing looking back at some of the geniuses in threads like this: http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...-out-iden-quot

Nice call, rec9140...lol
    Last edited by Evan702; 05-25-2012 at 08:06 PM.

Device(s)
    Sprint: iPhone 45-32
    Feedback Score
    Very Cool!!

(Posted via iPhone hotspot at campground )
    iPhone 4S-32: Sprint SERO............Palm Pixi Plus: Page Plus ..............HP Pre3: AT&T GoPhone
    talk smart WB2YGF

Device(s)
    Iphone X Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mo
    Feedback Score

FCC boosts Sprint LTE plans with 800MHz decision

Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Interesting article.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 64GB, iPad Air 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan702 View Post

This could be a good thing if the 800 band isn't messed up like most other North American bands, Cause it should line up with Europe in the countries currently on 800Mhz.

^HSPA+ 42mbps---------------------------------------------- ^LTE

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    but isn't the same old dated May article as before, or did something new come up that I missed? I hope this does help Sprint!

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by johnner1999 View Post
    but isn't the same old dated May article as before, or did something new come up that I missed? I hope this does help Sprint!
    Yes it is, just merged threads.