Thread: Motorola StarTac GSM

Feedback Score

Motorola StarTac GSM

Hello all!

I recently purchased a Vintage Motorola StaTac GSM phone. I am trying to get it activated on my AT&T Account but the person I talked to at tech support couldn't help. I am not going to use it all the time, just Occasionally to freak people out.

I can manually program the phone since it's too old for OTA, but the phone asks for a 5 digit code for AT&T and the tech didn't know what I was talking about. the code looks like this 000-00.(Examples from phone: 460-00 CT-GSM, 542-01 VODAPHONE) If I get that code I should be able to add it to.

Asking for Help.
    IMEI is 447764406515630, Type MG1-4E21 S7665ABB, MSN A282XE39P3

Thanks, Joe

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtscarecrow View Post
    Hello all!

I recently purchased a Vintage Motorola StaTac GSM phone. I am trying to get it activated on my AT&T Account but the person I talked to at tech support couldn't help. I am not going to use it all the time, just Occasionally to freak people out.

I can manually program the phone since it's too old for OTA, but the phone asks for a 5 digit code for AT&T and the tech didn't know what I was talking about. the code looks like this 000-00.(Examples from phone: 460-00 CT-GSM, 542-01 VODAPHONE) If I get that code I should be able to add it to.

Asking for Help.

Thanks, Joe
    Isn't the startac analogue? Analogue has been shut down has it not?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using HowardForums

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Hello all!

Asking for Help.

Thanks, Joe
    GSM phones do not need activation. The SIM card is activated. The IMEI for that phone codes as a StarTac 130 which only had the 900MHz GSM band. The phone you have may be a TDMA/GSM model called GAIT technology. The TDMA network has been retired. The TDMA section actually held the telephone number.
    Earl F. Parrish

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    American Telephone & Telegraph Company
    Feedback Score
    Hello all!

That looks like a MCC/MNC tuple, although typically it should be 6 digits. For AT&T it's 310-410, but I guess you could try 310-41 and see what happens.

PRL Interpretations
    XFF's AlphaTag software
    Cellular and PCS License Maps
    Quote Originally Posted by gpatrick900
    I am a little confused. My Verizon phone was able to roam on GSM because they used TDMA. Tell it was shutdown. The phone recognizes it as Analog. If PCS has TDMA, It could be technically be used on GSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabla View Post
    Y'know, I'm used to hysterical 14-year-old ******** on the internet, but this is exceptional. Never before in human history have so many nerds hyperventilated so publicly over so little.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5 VZW, iPhone 5 AT&T, iPad Mini AT&T, iPad 3 VZW. All with their own unlimited data plans.
    Carrier(s)
    Whoreizon Wireless™
    Feedback Score